View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Hardware

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Author

RE: Your dream computer

Your avatar

Posted on 17-10-08 12:28
maug wrote:
I usually go for cheap and functional, but I want to have access to wireless and have a 64 bit processor. Need to build up the bank account first.

I'm the same way... I suppose that's either an "old-school" mentality, or the mentality of people that use the computer less for gaming. About 7 years ago, I was still using a Pentium 66Mhz Toshiba laptop running Windows 95. Obviously, I felt the need to upgrade not too long ago, so I now have a Gateway ML6732 (only because of the price: $0) and eeePC 701 4G. The eee is more than powerful enough to do the majority of things anyone would want to do outside of modern games, Photoshop, and VMWare.

So, when it comes to laptops / PDAs, I definitely aim for portability / convenience before specs. The eeePC is so small that it looks like an organizer in its default black sleeve. I'm looking into smaller ones, though... closer to the size of my DS would be ideal, so that I could just carry it around in my pocket. Here's one, but they're sold out on their first production batch:

http://openpandor. . .

Last time I checked, Zaurus handhelds are still being ridiculously priced for the specs... so, I guess I'll just wait to see what other QWERTY-capable handhelds I can find.

With desktops, I don't really care what the specs are as long as three things are true:

1. >=2GB RAM
2. >=250GB HDD
3. >=128MB Video Card

Again... not a big gamer at all.

DBDWarrior wrote:
i'ma big gamer so having a powerful computer is usually what excites me. although yes, girls are wonderful bahhaahahh....hah..trouble..lol.

I'm not sure which should be more embarassing for you: the fact that you threw in girls as an afterthought (since it wouldn't be understood), or the fact that you compared a multi-purpose powerhouse computer to a limited-function (but quite useful) girl.

Edited by on 17-10-08 12:32
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 17-10-08 22:10
well i've had my fair share of girls, so they can get rather annoying at times. and no offense, but having your eyes on girls all the time is kinda immature. i have better things to do then waste my time on girls. i hate the fucking drama they cause. most are all the same. =P

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 18-10-08 00:45
DBDWarrior wrote:
well i've had my fair share of girls, so they can get rather annoying at times. and no offense, but having your eyes on girls all the time is kinda immature. i have better things to do then waste my time on girls. i hate the fucking drama they cause. most are all the same. =P

Think more "ladies' man", not "stalker". Learn to let them talk without you listening most of the time, and just smile and support whatever bullshit they say. Oh, and they're not all the same... they're all different flavors. Grin

... but, yeah, you shouldn't waste your time on girls. Pfft

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 18-10-08 00:56
Girls are icky and have cooties!

Back on topic - I'd love to have an old Cray supercomputer.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2