Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Author

RE: Why can't we report pms?

Your avatar

Posted on 30-11-09 00:31
system_meltdown wrote:
No doubt that'd be abused though.

How so?
lol I'm not disagreing, I actually am curious of how it would be abused?
All I can think of is 'reporting' people that hadn't sent you PMs, in which case it could be that you could only do it when they've sent you one? If that makes sense.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 30-11-09 01:30
x_5631 wrote:
All I can think of is 'reporting' people that hadn't sent you PMs, in which case it could be that you could only do it when they've sent you one? If that makes sense.

1. I send PM to you, chatting you up.
2. You send reply, happy to chat me up.
3. I report you. Then, I get 10 of my buddies to do the same thing because I hate your attitude.

Pretty easy to abuse. Smile

Author

stealth-

Mad User
Posted on 30-11-09 01:33
define wrote:
x_5631 wrote:

3. I report you. Then, I get 10 of my buddies to do the same thing because I hate your attitude.

Yes, but unless he sent a PM to all 10 of your buddies as well, then it wouldn't work. And, most people here aren't big enough jerks to do that unless all 10 of them have a personal issue with the guy, anyways.

The irony of man's condition is that the deepest need is to be free of the anxiety of death and annihilation; but it is life itself which awakens it, and so we must shrink from being fully alive.
http://www.stealt. . .
http://www.stealth-x.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 01-12-09 00:10
stealth- wrote:
define wrote:
x_5631 wrote:

Yes, but unless he sent a PM to all 10 of your buddies as well, then it wouldn't work. And, most people here aren't big enough jerks to do that unless all 10 of them have a personal issue with the guy, anyways.

Exactly.
and Chances are if 10 people on here have an issue with someone, there's a reason.. in which case they should be reported anyway.
and Even if the situation you mentioned did happen like that.. it would only be for "y amount of hours" to prevent spamming or whatever.
Author

ynori7

God
Posted on 01-12-09 00:15
x_5631 wrote:
Exactly.
and Chances are if 10 people on here have an issue with someone, there's a reason.. in which case they should be reported anyway.
and Even if the situation you mentioned did happen like that.. it would only be for "y amount of hours" to prevent spamming or whatever.

Still less effective than just PMing an admin.

halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 01-12-09 01:45
ynori7 wrote:
x_5631 wrote:
Exactly.

Still less effective than just PMing an admin.

How?
By ending up with them being warned or something, making them feel like this is an unfriendly community?
Admins have enough work, it seems.. why get them tied up with menial little tasks?
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 01-12-09 02:44
Looks like someone was denied the tit as a baby. Not naming anyone...

@ x_5631

Please drop it. Get some thicker skin. Loose the baby fat. Ignore people that need to be ignored. Keep things simple. Fill up your message box, and give out an email to those who need it.

If the devs are planning to do something, I think that a block feature would be best/easiest.

Author

fashizzlepop

Moderate
Posted on 01-12-09 05:37
maug wrote:

@ x_5631

Please drop it. Get some thicker skin. Loose the baby fat. Ignore people that need to be ignored. Keep things simple. Fill up your message box, and give out an email to those who need it.

If the devs are planning to do something, I think that a block feature would be best/easiest.

I fully agree with this post.

If a member is banned do their messages automatically get deleted?

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
~Albert Einstein~

csullivan.codeinspire.net/images/boomsig2.png
fashizzlepop@gmail.com http://csullivan.codeinspire.net/
Author

stealth-

Mad User
Posted on 01-12-09 06:13
fashizzlepop wrote:
maug wrote:

@ x_5631

I fully agree with this post.

The only way a "ban member" would be acceptable is if there were a menu somewhere where you could see all the members you have banned, then unban select ones if you choose to.

The irony of man's condition is that the deepest need is to be free of the anxiety of death and annihilation; but it is life itself which awakens it, and so we must shrink from being fully alive.
Author

yours31f

Elite
Posted on 01-12-09 06:31
stealth- wrote:
fashizzlepop wrote:

The only way a "ban member" would be acceptable is if there were a menu somewhere where you could see all the members you have banned, then unban select ones if you choose to.

How does that apply?

@ fashizzle: No they don't get deleted, and long time no see.

Debugging is what programmers do to beta software to make it take up more room on your hard drive if it is running too efficiently.

img259.imageshack.us/img259/3713/sigr.png

yours31f@live.com yours31f@yahoo.com rpwd.info
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 01-12-09 14:49
maug wrote:

@ x_5631

To be honest I don't get bothered by PMs like this much, so I couldn't care less about people that do it.
I'm just trying to promote this idea for the people that it does apply to.
and For those people, it isn't a bad idea for a feature.
Author

stealth-

Mad User
Posted on 01-12-09 15:56
yours31f wrote:
stealth- wrote:
fashizzlepop wrote:

How does that apply?

Say for instance your mad at a user and ban him or her for whatever reason. Spamming, begging for answers, or just plain you not liking them. Then they decide to change their old ways, or perhaps you work out whatever issue you guys had. There should be a way to remove that ban, because I have no doubt that situation will eventually arise if we go with the ban member system.

Edited by stealth- on 01-12-09 15:57
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 01-12-09 16:12
stealth- wrote:
yours31f wrote:
stealth- wrote:
fashizzlepop wrote:

How does that apply?

Say for instance your mad at a user and ban him or her for whatever reason. Spamming, begging for answers, or just plain you not liking them. Then they decide to change their old ways, or perhaps you work out whatever issue you guys had. There should be a way to remove that ban, because I have no doubt that situation will eventually arise if we go with the ban member system.

or even if you accidentally pressed the button or something? Smile
Author

ynori7

God
Posted on 01-12-09 16:18
What is all this about a "ban member" option? I can 100% guarantee that will never be something available to general members of HBH. That would just be stupid.

halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 01-12-09 16:39
ynori7 wrote:
What is all this about a "ban member" option? I can 100% guarantee that will never be something available to general members of HBH. That would just be stupid.

I think he means "block". As in, from them PMing you.
At least, that's what I've been thinking he means.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 01-12-09 22:58
Something that would be even easier than a block feature, display an HTML page if the member hasn't sent to that member before.

"Just agree to the rules of private messaging to continue.
No spaming.
No pestering for challenge help.
Act your age, or like act you've graduated from high school.
And don't talk about illegal stuff.

violation of these rules will lead to a warn or ban"

If it's only with people you haven't PM'd before, it shouldn't be too intrusive. Hopefully a preemptive warning is enough, and admins/mods will not need to be involved. Exclusive members shouldn't need this.

Edited by on 02-12-09 00:53
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2