Members Online: 0

Registered Members: 82822
Newest Member: TheBunter
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Programming

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Author

RE: What should I code? - Hello, World and beyond...

AldarHawk

Hacker Level 1
Posted on 11-01-10 18:44
If all you ever do is code what you are comfortable with, you will not get to a point where you strive to get better. If you keep challenging yourself and pushing your boundaries, you have now given yourself the title of hacker.

That is my thoughts on the matter any ways. Someone who strives to better themselves and thirsts for knowledge is a hacker. What type of knowledge you are attempting to obtain gears you to what type of hacker you are.

Just ask Yahoo!Taboo! http://www.erikwestlake.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 12-01-10 00:56
Compromise wrote:
If you haven't added it because you don't know under which difficulty to file it, I suggest you put it in "Intermediate", or at least medium. Due to the lack of documentation/help/usage it's pretty rough to get going with it. It's also awesome.

I second that. PHP-GTK is fun to work with, especially if you're already an avid PHP programmer. There's an example in the Code Bank that uses PHP-GTK for a desktop RSS reader: http://www.hellboundhackers.org/code/php-gtk-rss-feed-reader-1182_php.html

Some of the best programming challenges are the ones where you brave uncharted waters. PHP is primarily a web programming language, but using it in CLI or with PHP-GTK (or whatever else) can be a fresh perspective.

It seems from a couple of your posts that you lean more towards Python than other languages. Have you tried using Django or mod_python to use Python on the web? Have you written any Metasploit modules?

Maybe write a desktop application that monitors your Private Messages, threads you've posted in and such on here? A library that simplifies common GUI patterns with your favorite UI library (GTK/Qt/XWindows) using any language.

... A shoutbox bot? Pfft

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 12-01-10 09:53
define wrote:
... A shoutbox bot? Pfft

I'll fucking kill anyone who is going to make one and use it. Fucking _kill_, people. That means DEAD.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 12-01-10 16:48
define wrote:
[quote]Compromise wrote:

It seems from a couple of your posts that you lean more towards Python than other languages. Have you tried using Django or mod_python to use Python on the web? Have you written any Metasploit modules?

thought metasploit modules were in ruby

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 12-01-10 17:24
MoshBat wrote:
Long time since I've looked at it, but I think *most* are in ruby, but it's unlikely that you can't use Python, or any other language, for that matter.

Knowledge of Ruby is required, but anyone with experience in Perl or Python can pick up the basics in a couple days.

Sounds like they want you to port whatever you have to Ruby.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 12-01-10 17:43
MoshBat wrote:
... Or learn Ruby then start contributing.

Your post is highly redundant. Yes, if you write in Ruby, you subsequently don't have to port it. Since we were discussing whether it was Ruby-only or not, I thought I'd try to clear it up.

Edited by on 12-01-10 18:30
Author

SET

Your avatar

Moderate
Posted on 12-01-10 20:33
But In Windows .Net Framework ---- EASY

arcset.com/imgs/Comp 1_4.gif
ARCSET.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 12-01-10 22:23
MoshBat wrote:
SET wrote:
But In Windows .Net Framework ---- EASY

Because the FUCKING PROGRAM WRITES IT FOR YOU.
We've been over this a few times, love .NET all you want, but not all of us use, or like it. Please stop licking it's arsehole, and suggesting we all do the same.

Because I hate Visual Studio, I went ahead and installed it. Well, the C++ version, chosen because I assumed I might have to write about ten lines, and produced this basic GUI in about... Three mouse clicks.
http://i151.photo. . .uckNet.png
Yes, that *was* easy, very, very, very easy... I can see why you use VB, SET. I much doubt you have the capacity to try anything else.

ooo wide screen laptop?

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 12-01-10 23:44
MoshBat wrote:
wolfmankurd wrote:
ooo wide screen laptop?

How many Laptops have you seen with 22" screens?
(I also have a 24 and 23, but for the sake of image/file size, I use the 22 for screencaps)
And an ASUS Motherboard, and ATI Graphics Card?
Also, if I had not cut off the other two screens, you'd have seen that my processor was running at 4.1GHz.
Really, Wolfman, really?

lol, I assumed it was laptop cause of the wifi,

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 13-01-10 00:32
That's how I spent most of my a levels but my calculator is hacked to be a FX-991ES, and the keys don't match the markings so idk anymore. I should update that title thingy but I'm not sure how I set it in the first place.

[edit]
Ah yes and the topic, no one has really posted anything that is just seems to perfectly suit the language, can anyone think of one?

Edited by on 13-01-10 01:22
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 13-01-10 06:09
Compromise wrote:
define wrote:
... A shoutbox bot? :P

I'll fucking kill anyone who is going to make one and use it. Fucking _kill_, people. That means DEAD.

Sorry you knew this had to be coming after that statement. Anywho a pygtk desktop widget for HBH shoutbox. Granted the code really does suck, I just sorta threw it together.

Code

#!/usr/bin/python
import gtk, urllib2, cookielib, urllib, re, math

def strip_html_tags(line):
   p = re.compile(r'<.*?>')
   return p.sub('', line)

def SendShout(text):

login_data = urllib.urlencode({'user_name' : '<USERNAME>',
                           'user_pass' : '<PASSWORD>',
                           'login' : 'Login'
                           })

resp = opener.open('http://www.hellboundhackers.org/index.php', login_data)
   resp.close()

shout_data = urllib.urlencode({'shout_message' : text,
                           'post_shout' : 'Shout'
                           })

resp = opener.open('http://www.hellboundhackers.org/index.php', shout_data)
   resp.close()

return

def GetShouts():
   sPage=opener.open('http://www.hellboundhackers.org/shoutbox/shoutbox_archive.php')
   data=[]
   tmp=0
   tablestart=0
   tableend=0
   for line in sPage.readlines():
      if line=="<table width='100%' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='1' class='tbl-border'>\n":
         tablestart=tmp
      if line=="<div align='center' style='margin-top:5px;'>\n":
         tableend=tmp
      if tablestart > 0 and tableend==0:
         data.append(strip_html_tags(line))
      tmp+=1

for i in range(len(data)):
      try:
         if data[i] == "\n" and data[i+1] == "\n":
            del data[i]
      except:
         pass

del data[0]
   del data[32:]
   for i in range(len(data)):
      blah = math.floor(len(data[i])/40)
      if blah == 1:
         tmp=list(data[i])
         tmp.insert(40,'\n')
         tmp="".join(tmp)
         del data[i]
         data.insert(i, tmp)
      if blah == 2:
         tmp=list(data[i])
         tmp.insert(40,'\n')
         tmp.insert(80,'\n')
         tmp="".join(tmp)
         del data[i]
         data.insert(i, tmp)

shouts = "".join(data)
   sPage.close()
   return shouts

class ShoutBox(object):

def on_sendbutton_clicked(self, sendbutton):
      self.window.destroy()
      SendShout(self.entry.get_text())
      ShoutBox()

def on_refreshbutton_clicked(self, refreshbutton):
      self.window.destroy()
      ShoutBox()

def __init__(self):
      vb=gtk.VBox()

self.label = gtk.Label(GetShouts())
      vb.pack_start(self.label)

self.entry = gtk.Entry()
      vb.pack_start(self.entry)

sendbutton = gtk.Button(stock=gtk.STOCK_OK)
      vb.pack_start(sendbutton)

refreshbutton = gtk.Button(stock=gtk.STOCK_REFRESH)
      vb.pack_start(refreshbutton)

sendbutton.connect('clicked', self.on_sendbutton_clicked)
      refreshbutton.connect('clicked', self.on_refreshbutton_clicked)

self.window = gtk.Window()
      self.window.set_type_hint(gtk.gdk.WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_DESKTOP)
      self.window.add(vb)
      self.window.move(100,100)
      self.window.show_all()

if __name__ == '__main__':
   global cj, opener
   cj = cookielib.CookieJar()
   opener = urllib2.build_opener(urllib2.HTTPCookieProcessor(cj))
   opener.addheaders.append(('User-agent', 'Mozilla/4.0'))
   opener.addheaders.append( ('Referer', 'http://www.hellboundhackers.org/index.php') )
   sb = ShoutBox()
   gtk.main()

Edited by on 13-01-10 06:52
Author

SET

Your avatar

Moderate
Posted on 13-01-10 14:29
MoshBat wrote:
Because the FUCKING PROGRAM WRITES IT FOR YOU.
We've been over this a few times, love .NET all you want, but not all of us use, or like it. Please stop licking it's arsehole, and suggesting we all do the same.

Because I hate Visual Studio, I went ahead and installed it. Well, the C++ version, chosen because I assumed I might have to write about ten lines, and produced this basic GUI in about... Three mouse clicks.
http://i151.photo. . .uckNet.png
Yes, that *was* easy, very, very, very easy... I can see why you use VB, SET. I much doubt you have the capacity to try anything else.

Your mad because it does most of the work for you.... Do you hate progress....java has javabeans and are you mad at that.... I mean if we are all getting angry at progress then God knows your lazy asses all use compilers.......Since we are completely full of ourself MOSHBAT why not just go all the way back to assembly and then dont use any premade dlls......or OS dlls because seriously you didnt build them ...... I just cant believe that most of you want to stop the progress of how programming is done. Why the heck do we need case sensitive languages,What benefit does that do. You hate .net becuase it took you a few mouse clicks to create a gui ...GREAT thats how the future of programming should be becuase writing the long code for guis over and over and over again is a waste of time when you can focus on the meat of the program and not just the visual aspects. But God forbid that we progress in programming languages....everybody pull out your punch cards.

Edited by SET on 13-01-10 15:04
ARCSET.com
Author

SET

Your avatar

Moderate
Posted on 13-01-10 15:17
Why am i stuck with retarded people...SO i don't see it from another view? i can see why you think that, I do promote .net a little to much....but saying .net isn't cross platform just makes you ignorant (Mono Project). Also If i choose to write DateTime or datetime or dateTime shouldnt be defined by a compiler. Aldo having to declare a variable is freaking stupid.
Why do i have to write Dim mostbat as Asshole when i should be able to declare its datatype anywhere i want like
dim moshbat
moshbat = "asshole"
your mad because anyone can program because of .net. Dont get pissed because anyone can program....get pissed because your programming skills suck a big meaty one while the world evolved....why walk when you can drive a car. The programming world will evolve and you will be worthless. Linux has its own set of tools for building guis and also coding easier hell PHPdesigner 2008 does all your php for ya pretty much......Open your eyes Mosh and evolve with the times instead of fighting them.

ARCSET.com
Author

ynori7

God
Posted on 13-01-10 16:54
This thread is straying off topic. Stay on topic.

@SET - You had better settle down. Since you came back nearly every post of yours has been some sort of flame/rant/argument.

halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

stealth-

Mad User
Posted on 13-01-10 23:23
MoshBat wrote:
ynori7 wrote:

@SET - You had better settle down. Since you came back nearly every post of yours has been some sort of flame/rant/argument.

He can't stand to have .NET bitched about, much less himself. Have the warn button ready. /prediction.

Another thing for new languages would be a simple rootkit.
Granted, it's a bit malicious, but it does cover encryption and sockets to name two.

For a bit more of a challenge, and a good one for messing with threads, would be to have the rootkit server have the ability to accept and manage connections from multiple clients at once. Then the person operating the server could switch between clients, and be notified when new clients connect or go offline and so on.

It was a pretty decent challenge for me to do in python, although that was my first experience with threads so it would probably be much easier for more experienced programmers.

The irony of man's condition is that the deepest need is to be free of the anxiety of death and annihilation; but it is life itself which awakens it, and so we must shrink from being fully alive.
http://www.stealt. . .
http://www.stealth-x.com
Author

stealth-

Mad User
Posted on 13-01-10 23:39
MoshBat wrote:
stealth- wrote:
MoshBat wrote:
ynori7 wrote:

He can't stand to have .NET bitched about, much less himself. Have the warn button ready. /prediction.

Another thing for new languages would be a simple rootkit.
Granted, it's a bit malicious, but it does cover encryption and sockets to name two.

For a bit more of a challenge, and a good one for messing with threads, would be to have the rootkit server have the ability to accept and manage connections from multiple clients at once. Then the person operating the server could switch between clients, and be notified when new clients connect or go offline and so on.

It was a pretty decent challenge for me to do in python, although that was my first experience with threads so it would probably be much easier for more experienced programmers.

Having a server that allows for multiple connections serves little purpose, as most are simply a quick way into a machine. Presumably, the only person who's going to use it would be you, and likely in one terminal. As an exercise, yeah, it would make a good one, but there's little point to it... A web server would be better for that kinda practise -- and I'm sure that's already been suggested.

Sorry, I think I might have explained my idea wrong. I had meant this in a situation where the hacked computer calls back to the malicious hacker. Not the hacker connecting to the hacked computer. If the hacker was connecting to the users system, then yes, threading would be pointless. However on the hackers computer, if there were multiple hacked computers and the server only accepted one connection at a time it could be rather confusing to get access to the machine you actually want.

The irony of man's condition is that the deepest need is to be free of the anxiety of death and annihilation; but it is life itself which awakens it, and so we must shrink from being fully alive.
Author

stealth-

Mad User
Posted on 14-01-10 00:12
MoshBat wrote:
stealth- wrote:
Sorry, I think I might have explained my idea wrong. I had meant this in a situation where the hacked computer calls back to the malicious hacker. Not the hacker connecting to the hacked computer. If the hacker was connecting to the users system, then yes, threading would be pointless. However on the hackers computer, if there were multiple hacked computers and the server only accepted one connection at a time it could be rather confusing to get access to the machine you actually want.

You seem to be confusing client with server... The server opens up a port, allowing the client to access it. Client sends commands, server process them. The program on the target machine would be called the server, and the client is the program you use to connect to it.
'T'least, this was the way I always understood things.

Think of this as a reverse shell. The machine running the code does not open up a port to receive connections (and is hence not the server, but a client), but instead connects to the attackers machine (which has a open port and is listening, and hence is the server). This is so firewalls on the home/company router do not interfere, like they would if the hacked machine opened its own port (server) and the hacker tried to connect. The router would obviously drop the packet, because port forwarding would not be set up. The server then sends the client data informing it what commands to run, and the client (obviously) sends back the output.

A server is defined by the machine listening for connections. It doesn't really matter what is getting sent over the connection.

Edited by stealth- on 14-01-10 00:14
Author

stealth-

Mad User
Posted on 14-01-10 00:44
Huh. Interesting idea, I've never considered anything like that. With a setup like that, I do have to admit you've got a good point.

Either way, though, that particular setup of mine I was explaining was based around a network with a *very* strict firewall. However if I was to make a new rootkit in the future, I would probably base it around your idea.

Out of curiosity, though, you said you can configure firewalls to port forward, how the would you do that? With the variety of routers, I don't think it would be that easy.

edit: Nevermind, a quick wikipedia search answered my own question. Smile

Edited by stealth- on 14-01-10 00:57
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 14-01-10 01:01
MoshBat wrote:
Edit: Just remembered, ZA stopped me controlling the mouse/keyboard, it created an alert asking permission for X program to monitor/control input. Luckily, most people would click allow without reading.

and the lest of us don't even have one installed Grin

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 14-01-10 01:09
MoshBat wrote:
You don't use a separate firewall/AV?

Don't think I have either installed. I like to bareback the interwebz.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >