Follow us on Twitter!
Society leans ever heavily on computers, if you have the power to take out computers you can take out society. - cubeman372
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 21
Guests Online: 17
Members Online: 4

Registered Members: 82811
Newest Member: IsaiahBowman
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Challenges | Timed Challenges

Author

Timed 1 in python, help

sin666verguenza

Posted on 14-11-11 02:31
I have code in python that I think should work. Checked out the post and get through wireshark and everything but I still get wrong string try again. Can I pm somebody with my code ?

I mean, what is it with you? What made you what you are? I . . . I'm not exactly sure what it was. Sometimes I remember it one way, sometimes another . . . If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice! Ha ha ha!"

Edited by rex_mundi on 26-03-13 00:42
Author

RE: Timed 1 in python, help?

Arabian
Banned

Apprentice
Posted on 14-11-11 18:25
PM Stealth- or Ynori7

they've both done it in Python, I believe, and are active members.

G'bye y'all! I was an asshole, So korg banned me.
Author

techb

Moderate
Posted on 14-11-11 23:01
You don't need wireshark. Your using python to login to HBH, go to timed 1, decrepit the encoding, and answer by sending it back to timed 1. If you haven't seen that encryption type before, it gives a hint in the url.

You will have to keep track of your cookies too, so HBH will know its you.

urllib, urllib2, cookielib

There are plenty of tutorials for each module mentioned above.

You can also search for timed1 here on HBH and get plenty of clues on how to pass the timed challenges.

www.userbars.com/74460/665255/337-7865-ubda3219.gif
kbcarte.wordpress.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 14-11-11 23:50
sin666verguenza wrote:
I have code in python that I think should work. Checked out the post and get through wireshark and everything but I still get wrong string try again. Can I pm somebody with my code ?

I do all of mine in python. You can send it to me & I'll see if I can make some suggestions for you.
Author

Digital Kryptonite

Your avatar

Posted on 16-11-11 14:19
You don't need cookielib, I've done mine in Python with just urllib and urllib2.

I've used only these two libraries for all the timed challenges I've done. Its really quiet simple.

www.hellboundhackers.org/sig/r/60199.png
White Hat Count: 4
Black Hat Count: 11
Author

RE: Timed 1 in python, help

mznlab

Your avatar

HBH Guru
Posted on 07-06-13 19:00
I've done this one using Requests (http://python-requests.org), which reduced my effective code to about 16 lines.
Author

Amazingred

Hacker Level 2
Posted on 08-08-13 09:22
Dead Thread Rezurekted! lol
You replied to a 2 year old post.

But for anyone who may run into this problem in the future:
For anyone else having this problem...without seeing code the most common issue with this error is the browser session used to access the mission page and get the random mission data and the browser session used to submit the answer after running your code to solve it arent the SAME session.

like this:
code logs in and opens mission page
scrapes data from page
solves
code opens NEW mission page to submit the answer

Opening a new page, even the same URL address, means the random mission data will be different hence the answer you have isn't correct anymore. To correctly answer you'll have to submit the answer on the same exact page you scraped the data meaning the same session.

By the way I am going through every coding mission I can find online using python. If anyone has any issues give me a shout.
Author

5n0wdr1ft

Your avatar

Apprentice
Posted on 05-09-13 10:05
I actually put together a pretty neat custom module for python that will automatically read, copy, and load into a cookiejar all the cookies that have been stored by your FIREFOX browser.

This works great for sites like HBH. Means you don't have to worry about storing your password information (encrypted or otherwise) in your script or updating the script if your site password changes.

after you save it in your python folder You can use it like this

import WHATEVERYOUNAMEDYOURFILE as newbrowser
opener, br, cj=newbrowser.redsbrowser()

The code returns a urllib2 opener, mechanize browser, and cookiejar already loaded with firefoxes cookies so all the sites you were logged into with firefox should be pre-logged into with a python script.

(p.s. I had it return both the opener and mechanize browser because I use them both FREQUENTLY either one or the other so even though throughout one script i'll probably only use one of them I coded them both in there.)

I have the python code posted in my git here: https://github.co. . ._files.git

Edited by 5n0wdr1ft on 05-09-13 10:05