Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > >>
Author

RE: The NEW HBH: Have your say!

Your avatar

Posted on 24-09-05 10:32
how about a members search, I should be able to make a mozilla plugin for it if you do.

If fact change the rpfile look up to username and not userID and I could do it now.

Edited by on 24-09-05 10:34
Author

RE: re:what u want

Your avatar

Posted on 24-09-05 12:38
what i want is u know the downloads for how to hack guestbooks and stuff...i want more of those great way for learningSmile.

ps: please do not say enything about my english Pfft.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-09-05 13:07
Deleting of user accounts idle for 2 or 3 months like an email warning after about 1 month *cough* me *cough* Pfft and we need more IRC sessions or an IRC Server? My friend can host it if you want im sure he'll be glad Grin and possibly some community development thing like users can participate in some sort of coding thing

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-09-05 13:12
Does anyone find themselves counting down the page under "rankings" to see what number they are? Would it be hard to add a number in front of members name in that list?

Like the newbie-filter idea.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-09-05 13:25
SEE it wouldnt be hard but I know whre i've seen the OS determining Script Grin hackerbabe's Siggy and the PHPNuke Log page I'll set a site up and look at the code also what about a HBH Radio Stream or something?

Edited by on 24-09-05 14:00
Author

RE: QUESTION

Your avatar

Posted on 24-09-05 15:19
WITH THIS NEW SITE WILL CURRENT MEMBERS HAVE TO START OVER (POINT WISE) AT THE BOTTEM IF SO THAT WOULD SUCK CUASE IT TOOK A LOT TO GET TO WERE I AM I RATHER THAT IT TRANSFERED OVER.

Author

Mr_Cheese

Uber Elite
Posted on 24-09-05 15:20
users will just be moved across. accounts will not be lost

http://www.hellboundhackers.org/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-09-05 15:20
Noob filtering is , sorry, a Gay idea.. The point of HBH is to teach people not keep them from learning. One of the best ways to learn is to ask and thats whats the forums are there to do.. Thats why we have the forum admins, in case someine says something stupid or gives away the answers to a challenge....

Xero.... If you dont like the challenges.... make some yourself, in your nonlame way.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-09-05 17:06
GhostlyHacker the n00b filter will prevent n00bs from posting random bullshit in the forums and shoutbox.. they will have there own section in the forum to post crap and learn, and they will be able to view everything..

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-09-05 17:25
GhostlyHacker, don't start attacking me. Notice the question mark on my statement? I was saying that maybe the 'experienced hacker' would think that doing challenges was lame. Look at HTS, a lot of the really great hackers had only done a couple missions.

And the newb filter isn't stopping them from learning. It just makes them have to work a bit for their "Thread Starting Rights." They can still view everything, reply to threads, and start threads in a newb forum.

I'd like to hear you explain how that's preventing them from learning. All it does is makes sure they understand the gist of things and have a basic knowledge before they start making threads in the other forums.

P.S.
The noob filter idea isn't homosexual. So you're gay comment doesn't hold true.

EDIT:
weapon, if you understood what you did to beat the missions then it should only take a few minutes to complete them all again. Plus, it refreshes your memory.
Only part that would "suck" to do-over would be the app challenges.

Edited by on 24-09-05 17:34
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-09-05 18:02
Wolfmankurd - already have a member search function on this site:
http://hellboundh. . .embers.php

Xero - Social Engineer 1 would be a b*tch as well if you don't remember the pass. As well as steg. 5. Some of the encryptions would take an ass long time to.

GhostlyHacker - I'm right with you, n00b filtering is just shit, unless it does not harm the user in any way to learn. Like my idea to have to actually complete a challenge to be added to the rankings board.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-09-05 18:23
hold on do i have to make my text 20pt for this to go thru ur eyes into ur brain and understand..

They will be allowed to post questions, but only in a specified forum for questions.

They will be allowed to view everything, just not start anything (unless in the specified forum).

What is there that is blocking there ability to learn unless they shut there eyes and dont want to move the mouse a few inches to click "POST NEW TOPIC" and ask the question.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-09-05 18:29
K, but Haykuro, you're not understanding the concept. You're filtering people based on how many challenges/points they have attained/completed and that is wrong. As en example: Imagine a person who is like really f*cking good at using telnet and wanted to ask a question about how to use a particular switch or how to program something that would do it when that person ran the program, that person is going to post it in the newb section just because he couldn't complete a few challenges? Many people are going to completely disregard posts in this newb center, because of what's going to be on there. And if you don't believe that the administrators/moderaters aren't capable of deleting posts made by the idiots that consistantly post such questions, then that's something you should take up with them, not by filtering the forums.

BTW - Size 20 font is just annoying and i wouldn't even pay attention to it if anyone wrote in that kind of size.

Edited by on 24-09-05 18:32
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-09-05 18:32
hackerbabe wrote:
Does anyone find themselves counting down the page under "rankings" to see what number they are? Would it be hard to add a number in front of members name in that list?

Like the newbie-filter idea.

Lucky I'm on the first page I worked damned hard to get there Pfft also,

Also Okay I made the plugin if you want a little image next to the name like the on you'd normally have next to the url in the bar then can someone send me it?

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-09-05 18:33
okay here is the whole thing on newb filtering.

we ALREADY have a NEWB FILTER. lets rephrase that and call it the ADMINS. we as admins are the newb filter. we check the forums and have the ability to delte anything pointless and anything thats considered a spoiler to be removed.

what i think is that we arent doing too good of a job of getting rid of the pointless stuff and we are letting a few spoilers slip by. so forget about the newb filter because you just have to learn to live with it.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-09-05 18:40
Oh, also, how about updating the rankings system? Like 2000 is too elite or something (actually more when those new missions come out), but i'm just seeing a lof of "Too elite to determine" rankings around now.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-09-05 19:34
The thing I dislike most from this site is that I can't see the challenges I solved in the challenge pages.. I have to check back to my profile every time.. It would be a great improvement if a challenge itself would say "solved" or "unsolved". For the rest, I think that last javascript challenge should be moved to a crypto level or something. It just isn't a javascript level.

Good luck Smile

-Scortile
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-09-05 19:36
btw, I agree with GhostlyHacker about the noob filtering.. sorry Xero

-Scortile

edit: I was just thinking about some other thing.. The Cracking levels here are way too easy.. there should be harder ones here.. I am kinda experienced in cracking, but still think I shouldn't be able to solve all crackits together within 10 mins.

Edited by on 24-09-05 19:51
Author

RE: A search

Your avatar

Posted on 25-09-05 00:50
Dont know if your already adding this but a WHOLE/full SITE search would be good pretty basic and not hard thing to add

Edited by on 25-09-05 02:56
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 25-09-05 03:12
Alright nights_shadow, I'll give you that.

Hack4u, we don't have to learn to live with it. Admins are supposed to work for the users, not the other way around. If you want us to respect you guys, you've got to keep us happy. One way is to moderate the forums a little better. And users flaming other users is sort of ok... but when I see admins flaming users, that's just terrible, and I see it happen a lot.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > >>