Newest Member: Black Hawk
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Author

Site Contributions

Your avatar

Posted on 18-05-05 22:47
At the moment, this site has a fair amount of challenges. We could always use more, and user contribution is always a good thing. I'd like to start an unofficial contribution program for challenges on this site. Wouldn't it be awesome to have hundreds of each type of challenge on this site, all new and different?

For the moment, let's assume we were starting all our challenges from scratch, trying to develop new and different ones. At the moment, this thread is to announce it and raise interest, and set a few guidelines.

Legally, anything submitted must be essentially given up, so you may lay no attempted legal copyright claim to it whatsoever. This allows everything to be modified and such. Make no mistake, base credits for the accepted challenges will go to you. Denied thoughts will have a reason for being denied. ALL SUBMISSIONS REQUIRE A DEVENTLY SIZED WRITEUP OF WHY YOUR CHALLENGE IS DIFFERENT, NEW, CREATIVE, OR IN ANY WAY GOOD!

Basic web hacking challenges should use only PHP/MySQL/Perl/C via CGI/SSI. C in CGI should be careful, as it must remain GCC compliant- no MSVC. Only source allowed.

Javascript challenges simply need to be creative and compliant with all JS browsers that are remotely close to compliant.

Application challenges are being restricted exetremely tightly. In an effort to make these compliant across multiple platforms, I have some requests. They MUST be C/C++. Do not use anything Windows specific, (IE. the windows.h header file,) or Windows syntax, such as MSVC. These must ONLY be console applications, GCC/G++ compliant. For a good GCC based IDE for windows, google for Bloodshed-Dev. DO NOT SEND COMPILED, ONLY SOURCE! It must compile error-free in gcc/g++, or bloodshed dev.

Realistic missions must be PHP/MySQL/Perl/C via CGI/SSI based, must have a reasonable interface on a website. These must be moderately featured, creative, and they have to work. All scripts used, including the script for database creation, must be included. (Stealing merchendise and money via Ecommerce could be pretty cool.. Develop it!)

Encryption challenges must be in a very specific form. They must be in the form of a C/C++ application, within a function or some class hierarchy, that can be implemented by simple instantiation. This is so we can use multiple formats, make variations easily from time to time so people don't hand out decryptors, and so forth. Included with the class structure/function, include another function or mode for decryption.

Logical and Stegano challenges.. Hm. Above all else, be creative and ORIGINAL. These challenges, once the project is staffed a little better, will be handled by someone else.

Social Engineering challenges can be fun. These should be done in either a similar form to the first two on the site, or in the form of a standalone IRC bot. This should be in perl, C, etc, and should include an easily modifiable source.

Programming challenges will pretty well be limited to suggestions. Another aspect here is pretty cool! The first person develops a one way hash method in C++, the second person developers a hash cracker, and so on. Many possibilities!

Other things accepted- Art, Suggestions and code examples for this site and web wars tools, and so on.

All files submitted must be in tar, zip, gzip, tar.gz, or tar.bz/bz2 format. Email them with the descriptions and any comments to tony@kanago.net

Hopefully this will grow, and any challenges deemed worthy will be put into action on this site, becoming a nice sized library. Any thoughts, or plans to play with ideas and work at this?

Author

RE: Site Contributions

Mr_Cheese

Uber Elite
Posted on 18-05-05 22:59
i like the idea. Its a great way to develop this site with as much user interactoin as possible.

http://www.hellboundhackers.org/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 18-05-05 23:06
I've found that aswell, there is not much interaction and i've been trying to contribute alot lately. i haven't done anything to help toward this site really so i've been wanting to do something for a while, if we need more apps i could *maybe* pull together some linux ones.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 19-05-05 01:12
ok i had 10mins spare so i put together a quick one here: http://www.geocit. . .ux_app.zip. its really easy and its command line. i will try and make afew more which will be more elaborate and maybe if i ever learn how have a gui.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 19-05-05 01:22
Well if you are still interested Cheese or Grind how about those Phreaking missions?

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 19-05-05 02:13
Scanky, the whole point of this is to be new and creative, tehe, not more of the same. And the reason I'd require ONLY C, is so that I can have it compiled on both Windows and Linux, under x86.

Author

Mr_Cheese

Uber Elite
Posted on 19-05-05 13:43
hack4u wrote:
Well if you are still interested Cheese or Grind how about those Phreaking missions?

i thought you or your friend were doing those???

http://www.hellboundhackers.org/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-05-05 05:39
Just wanted to hear if anyone was interested yet. I've had little to no time to work on my application, just trying to get my personal site up and beautiful.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 08-06-05 21:23
phreaking missions sound pretty good. nice ideaWink