Follow us on Twitter!
It is never to LATE to become what you never WERE.
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 27
Guests Online: 21
Members Online: 6

Registered Members: 82895
Newest Member: kevy90
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Hacking in general

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Author

RE: Senior Project

fashizzlepop

Moderate
Posted on 08-09-09 04:33
One wireless router is enough. Ask the IT guy to allow you to hook up the wireless router and then set up a box running DVL to use the wireless. Then, take a laptop and walk in the room and show 'em your shit.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
~Albert Einstein~

csullivan.codeinspire.net/images/boomsig2.png
fashizzlepop@gmail.com http://csullivan.codeinspire.net/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 08-09-09 22:01
If I go to Best Buy and buy a router, would I be able to set it up in multiple places? Such as setting it up in school, if allowed, and then bring the router home to practice on, or would it be to tedious to do something such as that? I'm not as experienced with things like this as I'd like to be, and I apologize.

If I were to set up a website to go along with the presentation if I had time, should I use Dreamweaver or something like Editpad and if I were to add software to it, should I use something like PHP and throw java in there just because, or keep it a simple HTML website?
Author

spyware

God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 08-09-09 22:10
Dude, if you want to demonstrate something, you'll have to demonstrate something you can demonstrate.

"I'm doing this project, how do this project" doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

If you can't do the demonstration, don't do it.

img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 08-09-09 22:59
It's not that I can't demonstrate it, it's just that I want to make sure I demonstrate it the correct way. I apologize if it came off that way, which now that I read over it it does.

Thanks for all the help though. Thankful for all the help I was given.
Author

fashizzlepop

Moderate
Posted on 09-09-09 04:57
A cheap wireless router is easy to plug in and unplug. That's all you have to do. Now if you don't already know that a wireless router i(usually is for private purposes) small and only needs to plug into the wall and an internet connection, I don't see how you can figure out how to break the security and root a box... Sad

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
~Albert Einstein~

csullivan.codeinspire.net/images/boomsig2.png
fashizzlepop@gmail.com http://csullivan.codeinspire.net/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-09-09 05:46
fashizzlepop wrote:
A cheap wireless router is easy to plug in and unplug. That's all you have to do. Now if you don't already know that a wireless router i(usually is for private purposes) small and only needs to plug into the wall and an internet connection, I don't see how you can figure out how to break the security and root a box... Sad

You dont need an internet connection to set up a LAN using a router.

Edit: Only mention it because if you were to set up a LAN for a demonstration on rooting a box at school, you may or may not actually connect to the internet.

Edited by on 09-09-09 05:48
Author

WightBoy

Apprentice
Posted on 09-09-09 07:52
MoshBat wrote:
XSS is still *technically* illegal. I quote "It is an offense to make a computer perform a function and for that function to be deemed unauthorised by the owner of that computer".
Yeah, you still can't give permission for anyone to do that.
Oh, and I can read, write and speak more fluently than you could even dream of, and you've already proven that.

Okay i see your point... i think. I shall keep that in mind along wiht the speaking (typing) more clearly.

i195.photobucket.com/albums/z148/gabfrab/sig-1.jpg
http://onewayexpress.ismywebsite.com
Author

WightBoy

Apprentice
Posted on 09-09-09 08:45
MoshBat wrote:
WightBoy wrote:
MoshBat wrote:
XSS is still *technically* illegal. I quote "It is an offense to make a computer perform a function and for that function to be deemed unauthorised by the owner of that computer".
Yeah, you still can't give permission for anyone to do that.
Oh, and I can read, write and speak more fluently than you could even dream of, and you've already proven that.

Okay i see your point... i think. I shall keep that in mind along wiht the speaking (typing) more clearly.

My point was that you can't giver permission to someone to screw around with things you don't own, even if you believe you own the files in question, as the illegal activities in question take place on something you don't own, see?
For example, you "own" your own back yard, so you can give permission to someone to chuck glow-in-the-dark paint all over it. However, you can't tell them then can in someone else's yard, which contains some of your property, like a chair you lent them...
Also, you capitalize all referances to yourself in the form of "I", even if it isn't at the start of sentence.

Yes.. I got that, hence why I said I got your point. I am also aware of capitalizing all references to myself in the form of "I" (both my parents are english teachers... I am not stupid) but people get lazy... including myself even if it is something as small as capitalizing particular letters in particular contexts.

Author

WightBoy

Apprentice
Posted on 09-09-09 10:33
MoshBat wrote:
Well, I clarified, as you added "i think" after you confirmed you understood me...
And not bothering with standard grammar and punctuation makes you look like the average "i just discovored the internet, it haz facebook on it.." person.
It's better to make yourself come across as more intelligent than that; people will listen. Also, you get into the habit of doing it, and chances are, it won't take you any longer than ignoring the shift button...

Okay then, I think I might shut up now... getting a bit sick of these lectures from you Mosh xD
Note: I don't think I would ever spell "has" the way you did in that example, seriously, it is almost as bad as speaking in 1337 >.>.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2