Follow us on Twitter!
It is the path of least resistance that makes rivers and men crooked. - Bj Palmer
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 17
Guests Online: 15
Members Online: 2

Registered Members: 82886
Newest Member: The Slummy
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Questions

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Author

Regarding the Creeping Death of HBH

ellipsis

Uber Elite
Posted on 05-05-12 07:46
Firebolt wrote:
We need someone to take responsibility for this site...

Exactly.

The main reason this site is going to shit is because the people responsible for it have lives. They are getting older and have things to get done.

I myself am in college and about to get a job as a TSO, which will consume a lot of my time. Plus I have other hobbies besides hacking like music and martial arts.

We need very intelligent nerdy high school kids with zero lives to run this place.

At least then it will have regular mods and so forth.

I figured we should start a thread to discuss this matter instead of filling the shoutbox.

With younger mods, we risk them doing stupid shit and showing off but we can also get a more active member base. Younger people generally have less shit to do than people in their mid-20's, in college, and getting their shit together. Kids love the allure of hacking. So not only will it have a more active member base, but the member base will actually be interested in it. Face it, hacking shit is tight. Hacker kids do brag a lot about their 1337n355 at school, and even though it's immature, it will strike the interests of their peers.

Learn to delve into the minds of others.

We need to make this place more vibrant and inviting. With a more active mod/admin base, we can get more people involved.

Take enigma for example, they are very active and a lot of mods are as well. Here, a mod is usually on for less than half an hour before leaving for a few days. We lack consistency. And that in itself is a recipe for disaster.

Lend your suggestions. Maybe one of the "higher-ups" will notice and consider your suggestions.

Author

RE: Regarding the Creeping Death of HBH

Arabian
Banned

Apprentice
Posted on 05-05-12 07:52
ellipsis wrote:

We need very intelligent nerdy high school kids with zero lives to run this place.

I'm in college, but I'd be happy to mod and start producing articles and later, some challenges for those willing to be here and participate.

G'bye y'all! I was an asshole, So korg banned me.
Author

ellipsis

Uber Elite
Posted on 05-05-12 07:54
Arabian wrote:
ellipsis wrote:

I'm in college, but I'd be happy to mod and start producing articles and later, some challenges for those willing to be here and participate.

Likewise. I'm beginning my second semester soon. If I don't get this job as a TSO, I will definitely volunteer to mod as well. I also submitted an article recently that I'm waiting to be approved.

Author

ShadowGate

Your avatar

Posted on 05-05-12 08:30
I figured we should start a thread to discuss this matter instead of filling the shoutbox.

This does not deserve a thread.

You want a few suggestions: try spreading the word http://www.hellbo. . ./index.php

Or start submitting, content.
http://www.hellbo. . .hp?stype=n
http://www.hellbo. . .hp?stype=a
http://www.hellbo. . .submit.php

Or create interesting, and relevant threads about security, programming, and etc. You don't need to be a mod to do any of that. If you really hate the current look and feel of the site create you're own. If its better they will come.

edit: I also think I should note that a complete redesign of a website, by a very small core of developers is going to take some time, be patient.

Edited by ShadowGate on 05-05-12 08:36
Author

Arabian
Banned

Apprentice
Posted on 05-05-12 09:25
Did you seriously just link to the Urban and News section as submission possibilities? GTFO. This is a serious topic and deserves to be treated with respect. The Code bank will not help. The News section is not controlled by us or accepted often enough to be considered feasible. The Urban section is a fucking joke. [Redacted cuz i don't feel like being a mean person tonight]. This thing won't work unless we have mod support, and right now, 1 has cancer, 1 never shows up, and Korg clearly is left hung out to dry here. As for What_A_Legend, good to see you back. Lemme know if you need my or spy's help on the new project. We'd be happy to help.

Now, @ellipsis, I'll ask a few people to start writing more and contributing articles, and I have a few articles of my own I'll upload, but if there's to be any progress, we need everyone asking as many questions as possible.

Edited by Arabian on 05-05-12 09:28
Author

korg
Admin from hell

God
Posted on 05-05-12 09:48
As far as Admins go, In case you didn't notice I'm on everyday at least 2-3 times logged in but I'm always checking the site through the day for new posts and such. Making younger inexperienced "kids" is a recipe for disaster as was recently displayed with Fagtasm, We need Admins who know the site and what is acceptable, period.

If you guy's want the site to grow and become active, Yes submit GOOD articles, post in the forum, etc. Also if anybody has any extra programming challenges I'm all ears, I have one but was waiting to release it.

I am aware of the bugs and glitches in the site and can hopefully get them squared away soon. There is a Redev team going on right now but I'm not disclosing any info on the project so don't ask.

Hopefully we can pull together and keep this place up, Christ I've been here over 6yrs. now and never gave up, yet.

EDIT: @ellipsis I published your article for you but it not on the front page (Just another glitch in the admin panel again) It's on the articles main page.

i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/korg1269/shodan13.jpg

I deal in pain, All life I drain, I dominate, I seal your fate.

Edited by korg on 05-05-12 09:55
O R
Author

ellipsis

Uber Elite
Posted on 05-05-12 10:06
Thank you, korg, for keeping this place kickin' and accepting my article.

Thank you, Arabian, for defending the seriousness of this issue.

I won't ever give up on this site. Too many good memories here.

Many more to come.

Author

Arabian
Banned

Apprentice
Posted on 05-05-12 10:27
korg wrote:
Fagtasm

Hehhehehehehehehehe. He was smart, you've gotta give him that. His main problem was Cheese not allowing him to fix anything. Also, I have noticed, Korg, that you are here. I just happen to think Cheese is a bastard and has thrown you and the other admins under the bus.

As for challenges, I'm coming into some money soon, and will be building a desktop in the next few months. I'd be happy to host Rooting challenges on that box if I can get some help. If you wanna talk more I've got many ideas for challenges in that realm and others.

Edited by Arabian on 05-05-12 11:12
Author

What_A_Legend

Active User
Posted on 05-05-12 13:39
Be patient guys, there is a lot of love out there still for this site amongst a bunch of old members.

We are working on something at the moment, and will be updated in the near future I am sure.

In the meantime why not start some interesting programming/hacking threads, write articles work on challenges, invite friends.

Thanks

i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/Golden_Lemur/legendsig.png

www.hellboundhackers.org/sig/r/7039.png
what_a_l3g3nd@hotmail.com www.wayneshears.com
Author

ShadowGate

Your avatar

Posted on 05-05-12 16:43
Yes I did, and you should take my suggestions as seriously as you're taking this thread. This isn't the first thread some noob has made thinking he is going to change this entire site around. You're not the site owner, get over it.
Author

ellipsis

Uber Elite
Posted on 06-05-12 00:02
ShadowGate wrote:
Yes I did, and you should take my suggestions as seriously as you're taking this thread. This isn't the first thread some noob has made thinking he is going to change this entire site around. You're not the site owner, get over it.

And I'm some noob, right?

Author

Futility

God
Posted on 06-05-12 02:02
What_A_Legend wrote:
We are working on something at the moment, and will be updated in the near future I am sure.

Hear, hear!

i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/zanimabean/Zim.png
Futility91@hotmail.com Futility91
Author

spyware

God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 06-05-12 17:44
https://github.com/HBHRP

img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

stealth-

Mad User
Posted on 07-05-12 16:17
I think the main issue is that it always appears as if nothing is happening. It looks like the admins aren't doing anything and Cheese isn't letting anyone who wants to do something actually do it (including the admins). It is very nice to hear otherwise, though.

As far as asking questions in the forum goes, it feels like the majority of the time I ask, there is no useful answers :/

Arabian wrote:
As for challenges, I'm coming into some money soon, and will be building a desktop in the next few months. I'd be happy to host Rooting challenges on that box if I can get some help. If you wanna talk more I've got many ideas for challenges in that realm and others.

That would be pretty damn awesome.
Those challenges that stdio did on his box a while ago for all of us were a ton of fun.

What_A_Legend wrote:
Be patient guys, there is a lot of love out there still for this site amongst a bunch of old members.

In the meantime why not start some interesting programming/hacking threads, write articles work on challenges, invite friends.

Thanks

Good to hear Smile
Is this entirely separate from Mordak's project?

The irony of man's condition is that the deepest need is to be free of the anxiety of death and annihilation; but it is life itself which awakens it, and so we must shrink from being fully alive.
http://www.stealt. . .
http://www.stealth-x.com
Author

spyware

God
Posted on 07-05-12 16:47
stealth- wrote:
Is this entirely separate from Mordak's project?

A github repo has been set up (look at my previous post in this thread); if mordak wants to contribute I guess he'll have to fork and request a pull, like the rest of us.

[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

What_A_Legend

Active User
Posted on 07-05-12 17:36
Spy is correct, however I do not think we will see Modrak around, at least not for a while as he has gone off to focus on his health I have been informed.

Unfortunately we have not been given any access to the work he had completed and none of the work has previously done will not be utilised.

i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/Golden_Lemur/legendsig.png

www.hellboundhackers.org/sig/r/7039.png
what_a_l3g3nd@hotmail.com www.wayneshears.com
Author

spyware

God
Posted on 07-05-12 17:40
What_A_Legend wrote:
Unfortunately we have not been given any access to the work he had completed and none of the work has previously done will not be utilised.

What's that phrase people throw around on the internet... "sounds legit?"

[small]
- Carl Sagan
Author

korg
Admin from hell

God
Posted on 07-05-12 18:56
stealth- wrote:
I think the main issue is that it always appears as if nothing is happening. It looks like the admins aren't doing anything

That couldn't be further than the truth, Some of us are working on the redev team and trying to get the site corrected for right now.

I'm getting in contact with Mordak to see what he has and if he'll share it.

If you guy's want to be involved stop yakking and get coding, send me some templates or what ever you got we'll look at everything!

As far as challenges go I have a shit ton of them sitting waiting to be uploaded, In the mean time like I said previously make up a few extra programming challenges to run some competitions. let's back off blaming anyone and get moving.

i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/korg1269/shodan13.jpg

I deal in pain, All life I drain, I dominate, I seal your fate.
O R
Author

Arabian
Banned

Apprentice
Posted on 07-05-12 19:29
korg wrote:
[quote]

That couldn't be further than the truth,

Half truths. Only recently was Legend accepted as an admin, and only in the last few days has this new public repo been started (10 days created, 0 work done).

But I think what Stealth- is referring to has been the last 5-6 months of relative inactivity, with only you, Mordak, and Cheese as active mods, with Mordak and Cheese having little, to no presence on this site, leaving 1 mod for hundreds of users. That being said, what -has- been done with the site? All we see is a broken PM system, no dynamics site-wise, and a non existent owner and developer.

Author

AldarHawk

Hacker Level 1
Posted on 07-05-12 20:01
Hello all,

I am going to set this straight for everyone that is looking at the Repo that has been set up.

There are many people who are actively working on setting everything up for a new system. From all that I know which my conversations with Dan (Mr Cheese for those who do not know him by name yet) Mordak was AWOL and Dan figured the new system to be dead. That is when What_A_Legend and I came up with a plan and presented it to Dan. He accepted our offer, and since then we have began to assemble an elite team of developers and marketing masters. This new change will not be something that is done over night as there are MANY changes that are happening. The reason nothing is started in the coding yet on the GitHub page is because all the logistics are being discusses and we are ensuring everything about the schema, framework and any other factor of the new system are covered. We do not want to make this system take for ever to come, but we are wanting to ensure that the system is logically laid out and everything is how it needs to be to ensure speed, security and scalability.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact What_A_Legend or myself and we will work with you to get the answers, if they are ones that can be divulged.

Just ask Yahoo!Taboo! http://www.erikwestlake.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >