Follow us on Twitter!
It is never to LATE to become what you never WERE.
Friday, April 25, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 16
Guests Online: 16
Members Online: 0

Registered Members: 82908
Newest Member: krishna7799
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Hacking in general

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Author

Question about proxies....


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 20-09-09 15:56
Hey, I was wondering:
How do online proxy servers work? Like:
http://www.hidemyass.com
or
http://www.unblock-facebook.net/

Website like those, where you type in the URL and it allows you to browse website through a fake IP.
I was wondering:
A) How they work
and
B) How would I code one?
and
C) Does the meta content/headers and such, have any effect?
Because my IT teacher has asked me a few times to try and get around the filters, so he can fix it, I found a few ways... But they're all fixed now, so, I thought, if it doesn't allow proxy sites, he told me it's because the filter looks at the URL and if it says 'facebook' or 'proxy' etc. It'll be blocked, so if I create my own, I just won't include keywords, but he said it checked the source code (HTML I'm assuming) but he didn't say anything about meta content, so, I think this might work... If I knew what to do..
Thanks.
-SaMTHG


Author

RE: Question about proxies....


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 20-09-09 16:05
1. Been there.
2. Perhaps not, but there's no harm in trying.
3. See point one.


Author

RE: Question about proxies....

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location:
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 20-09-09 16:10
lrn2basictcp/ip.



img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

RE: Question about proxies....

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location:
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 20-09-09 16:13
MoshBat wrote:
What is a proxy?


* Main Entry: proxy
* Pronunciation: \g2;prk-sē\
* Function: noun
* Inflected Form(s): plural proxies
* Etymology: Middle English proxi, procucie, contraction of procuracie, from Anglo-French, from Medieval Latin procuratia, alteration of Latin procuratio procuration
* Date: 15th century

1 : the agency, function, or office of a deputy who acts as a substitute for another
2 a : authority or power to act for another b : a document giving such authority; specifically : a power of attorney authorizing a specified person to vote corporate stock
3 : a person authorized to act for another : procurator




img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce

Edited by spyware on 20-09-09 16:14
Author

RE: Question about proxies....

stealth-
Member



Posts: 1003
Location: Eh?
Joined: 10.04.09
Rank:
Mad User
Posted on 20-09-09 19:04

C) Does the meta content/headers and such, have any effect?
Because my IT teacher has asked me a few times to try and get around the filters, so he can fix it, I found a few ways... But they're all fixed now, so, I thought, if it doesn't allow proxy sites, he told me it's because the filter looks at the URL and if it says 'facebook' or 'proxy' etc. It'll be blocked, so if I create my own, I just won't include keywords, but he said it checked the source code (HTML I'm assuming) but he didn't say anything about meta content, so, I think this might work... If I knew what to do..


Personally, if your trying to get by the school web filter, I think ssh forwarding would be better than a http proxy (providing your on a linux system at your school). Just set up a ssh server on a port at home that can be accessed from the school, configure firefox for forwarding, configure your server for forwarding, and all your traffic is encrypted and hidden from the schools proxy. Or, you could set up a http proxy with encryption, to stop checking of the source code, etc.


The irony of man's condition is that the deepest need is to be free of the anxiety of death and annihilation; but it is life itself which awakens it, and so we must shrink from being fully alive.
http://www.stealt. . .
http://www.stealth-x.com
Author

RE: Question about proxies....


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 21-09-09 12:29
Ehrrrr am i missing a point or was there something developed for creepy places like school, work and public networks called a vpn tunnel? I just have a openvpn server listening at port 80 at home which i use always at creepy places.


Author

RE: Question about proxies....

AldarHawk
Member



Posts: 1690
Location: Canada
Joined: 26.01.06
Rank:
Hacker Level 1
Posted on 21-09-09 13:30
@OP - if you have done a google search on Proxy coding, then you have not done it correctly. What languages can you code in? Shoot me a PM if you want to talk, I think I can help you find the information you are looking for.

@MoshBat - Why not try to be helpful for once, instead of being a douche bag? You will get a lot further in life when you realize that just because you are knowledgeable in certain areas, does not mean everyone is. Also note, you do not know all, even if you have the disillusion that you do!


Just ask Yahoo!Taboo! http://www.erikwestlake.com
Author

RE: Question about proxies....


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 23-09-09 17:48
MoshBat wrote:
Fuck off, Eric.

I beleive you meant Erik.

MoshBat wrote:
I was actually trying to help, in my own little way;

I think we've all noticed that 'helping' in that 'way' stopped working long ago when people stopped reaslising that they're aren't being insulted. Now it just results in petty arguments, that grow until someone gets bored.
Why not just 'help' in the 'easy' or 'normal' way? That way the whole thing might actually have a tiny shred of fucking purpose.

MoshBat wrote:
that and the fact I know this guy from a while back, and I know full well he can't code up a proxy.

Then help him learn how, after all.. that's what you claimed you were doing; at least, in your 'own little way'

[Edit]
@OP:
I suggest you take spyware's advice and brush up with some TCP/IP in PHP.
Then you make the connection via that, get the content, encode it, send it, decode it.. roughly..
http://www.sics.s. . ./phpstack/
there's a link at the bottom for you to download the code

http://kakku.word. . .-requests/

or Just find a decent PHP tutorial and work from there Smile




Edited by on 23-09-09 17:52
Author

RE: Question about proxies....


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 23-09-09 22:43
MoshBat wrote:
I used the default UK spelling.
Next, trust me, I know this guy... And his antics.
It's much more beneficial to all if he doesn't get the exact answer (simple cURL would do the trick, in most cases), but instead goes looking for himself, and let's face it, this topic isn't hard to find information about, and he *learns*.
These days, people seem to have forgotten how to do their own work; all I do is highlight that.
And I don't try and insult people. That is done by the person themselves, purely because they took offence at a mere string of words. Pitiable.

and Did it work?
You're right, they have forgotten. But trying to force them without them knowing wont work, they have to be pushed. Not given the precise answer, but not told to go and do all the work themselves. That way they'll get used to what they would need to do, were they to do all the work themselves, and next time they just might try it.
Much more efficient than causing them to argue because they feel offended, whether or not they should feel that way.




Author

RE: Question about proxies....

AldarHawk
Member



Posts: 1690
Location: Canada
Joined: 26.01.06
Rank:
Hacker Level 1
Posted on 24-09-09 12:11
I will step in with some of my own advise. Most of the people here are school boys, so this will strike home for you all.

Yes, MoshBat, you are correct. You do not want to spoon feed people, because they will not learn. However, if your maths teacher does not explain WHY and HOW things happen as they do, many people will not get the logic behind mathematics. That being said, it is the same with ANYTHING! If you show people the right path, they will then beable to make the choice to follow the one shown to them, or to pave a new path. If they choose the later, then they are visionaries. If they follow the path put in front of them, they are learning still. I think your cynical way of thinking is childish, and it is actions like this which has made MANY of the higher thought of users leave this site. I still talk with many of the old "gurus" which used to prowl this site when I first got here. But you know what? They all have moved on because of people like you saying shit like you do. If you want to actually improve this site, please do just that, do not do as so many have done in the past and drive the people who can actually help away from this place. There is a lot of knowledge to be learned, however, if no one of knowledge is here to share it, we will just spread the use of tools and make the SK the new norm. I am sure you, or anyone who knows anything about anything wants that, so please, take the advise of people and think things through before you type it.

@OP: Please talk to me in PM if you are still looking to learn, I can give you a direction to start learning.


Just ask Yahoo!Taboo! http://www.erikwestlake.com
Author

RE: Question about proxies....

AldarHawk
Member



Posts: 1690
Location: Canada
Joined: 26.01.06
Rank:
Hacker Level 1
Posted on 25-09-09 13:33
MoshBat wrote:
What's the use of asking for an answer that you don't understand?

The point of asking a question is to learn how to solve the answer...I thought anyone with half a brain knew this.

Now. My rather offensive approach to things does this:
It makes (most) people asking this kinda shit go away for a couple of days, hiding.

Not always, and if they do not come back, it is just another number in the "members" section right? I am sure the admin team just wants a high member count...not a high ACTIVE member count.

And then, chances are they'll try looking for answers somewhere else, maybe even begin some research themselves.

see my above note to get the gist of this as well...

Why is it that I must answer to people on my exact reasons behind my actions?

because you know, and sharing said knowledge is how places grow, and people learn? That one not work with you? Because you are not a total moron and you understand that people need guidance some times? Not working for you again? Because not everyone learns like you, by getting a smack in the head and told to piss off? You get where I am going with these?

It would be nice to have you folks know I have reasons, and if you disagree with me, by all means say so. Not that it would have any effect whatsoever.

No, because you, like the people you bash, are learning NOTHING with your actions. You will be a poor soul in the real world man, when you are not in school and being sheltered by your parents under a roof. I would love to meet some of your "friends" and see what they are like...better yet, just send me a picture of the inside of your car on a normal day (or your room) and I will be able to see what type of person you are...not that I cannot fathom a guess already by how you act. In my life I have met many people like you man. and I am sorry for you...

Anyways, if the OP ever comes back, please contact me for more information on what you are looking to do. I can help...unlike some people who just run off at the mouth (keyboard).


Just ask Yahoo!Taboo! http://www.erikwestlake.com
Author

RE: Question about proxies....


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 25-09-09 19:33
MoshBat wrote:
Wow. Way to miss my point.

I think you'll find you missed his, and mine for that matter.

MoshBat wrote:
Google reveals the answer, quite quickly, and easily.

That doesn't destroy our ability to share information. Google is a good search engine, but sometimes SEO-prime results aren't what you want, sometimes you want something human.

MoshBat wrote:
all the help is already there, easily available.

No. All the information is there, easily available. Help, on the other hand, needs to be personalised, hence why he asked himself, to get help for himself.

MoshBat wrote:
Like I said, he needs to learn the basics before trying the "advanced" shit...
One of those basics is learning to use the internet.

Why not just let him try the '"advanced" shit' and then figure that out himself, instead of starting a fucking argument because you feel the need to say something when you have fuck all of any direct use to say.

Before you start typing out a quick snappy response, arguing against each point that I made and trying to oncemore come out looking cocky and superior, try actually listening to what I'm saying, instead of just seeing it as an opposing argument.


Author

RE: Question about proxies....

Futility
Member



Posts: 725
Location: USA
Joined: 17.12.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 25-09-09 23:55
May I interject? I don't care what you answer, because I'm going to.

Remember, if you will, another senior member who oft used this (let them do it themselves) train of thought to get his point across. Remember how he, too, saw the er of his ways and started lending (more) direct help. Now this member never was a full-blown "Fuck you, go learn it yourself" kind of guy. He'd use his wit to weave answers into his insults and was looked up to by most members on this site for his knowledge and directness. Don't get me wrong, his harsh words were... well... harsh, and he had, on more than one occasion caused people to complain about his opinion, but there ends any and all similarities between him another certain member of the site.

Then he began to get tired of the other member's shit. He was tired of watching Member2 drive users away with his constant pissy attitude and completely useless posts based around the fact that "Go google it yourself, n00b!" constituted help. He tried to do something about it and, in his effort, was banned from the site. His offense, you ask? Being an asshole and insulting other members. That's right, folks, banned for the very thing he was fighting against. And you know the best part? The other member hasn't even received a slap on the wrists.

Now I hoped the natural balance would be restored and Mosh (the second member, of course) would start to calm down. But, alas, he still sees himself as invincible, still thinks he's above the rules. "Google it" is not help. Telling someone "they can't do it" is not help. I don't care how you spin your fairy tales of "You guys just don't understand", you're fucking the site over. And the worst part is that no one seems to care.

So yes, be content that Spyware has been banned. Be content that Mosh continues to shit all over you guys. I hope you're content with mediocrity. Because by doing nothing, saying nothing, you're only accepting- nay, encouraging- it. How is it fair that one member's actions can be completely overlooked, while another's is considered a bannable offense?

Also- read this as a warning, mosh, I will no longer idly sit by and watch this happen, no longer fuel the fires from the outside. I've been waiting for my turn for a loong time, and now that spy's gone, consider me as a stand-in until he can return. I will point out every flaw, every hypocrisy, every minute detail of every post you make against another user. You are going to clean up your act, or I will be banned for pointing out the injustice of it myself.

But this can't be done by one person. The whole site needs to be reworked. We need suggestions on how to better it, we need challenges, we need things to draw members. We must demand change, no matter the excuses presented. "I'm busy" is no longer valid. "I'll do it later" is no longer valid. While these may be perfectly fine excuses on occasion, the developers and admins of this site have abused them far too much and haven't shown any signs of stopping. We must no longer idly sit by and watch this happen. We must fight. And if we do, we will win.


i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/zanimabean/Zim.png


Edited by Futility on 26-09-09 00:12
Futility91@hotmail.com Futility91
Author

RE: Question about proxies....


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 26-09-09 00:29
Thank you Futility for posting something that was finally worth my time reading in this ruin of a thread just full of childish, boring, petty and pointless arguments. I feel there's little that I could add to this besides this token of me agreeing with and thanking you for your post.

But I will add this: the reason for the ban was utterly ridiculous, had he not spoken, I sure would've and I wouldn't have been as kind.
I remember not too long ago, at least the regular members tried to help and improve the site. What happened? We could joke and even make April fool's jokes with the site. What happened? We dared to come with ideas and even try to implement them against a constant power pushing the attempts down. What happened? The will and understanding of this community has hit an all time low, is this what we resort to when there's a lack of n00bs flooding the site? There are already sites for idiocy, flaming and trolling, there is no need to make this another one of those.
Find some will and motivation and try to contribute instead, this goes for all, make a positive difference in the community and progress. Even if you are new, don't be afraid of helping out if you know that you can. Don't let the few changes one can find scattered only remain a legacy of those who tried.


Author

RE: Question about proxies....

KvK
Member



Posts: 94
Location: EIP‭‮
Joined: 17.01.09
Rank:
Apprentice
Posted on 26-09-09 03:30
I concur with both Futility and COM.

I've been less active on this site for the past few months mainly due to the lack of a positive attitude among senior members as well as lack of friendly support for newer members. I do, however see this as being partially my fault for not saying anything before and I can't really complain when I've made the conscious decision not to help change anything. Even so, I hate to see the community die away because It's helped teach many people worldwide a variety of things. I simply don't believe the power this community has had in the past should be stunted simply because of a select few members. I don't really feel like repeating whats been said hundreds of times in the past, but people need to be more active in HBH's community (yes, I know, hypocrisy). Most of this activity would come from the support of the administration as well as senior members. However, negative attitudes are greatly detrimental to the process of growth among any community. Someone is more likely to listen and understand any assistance if it is given to them politely rather than rudely. The harsh and strict method may be a great way to teach better and help build character in real life, but this is the internet, where people can simply click "back" and avoid what they don't wish to sustain. Perhaps if there were a more positive attitude around here, more members would stay and be active in the community.

Just my 2 on the situation. :happy:


Author

RE: Question about proxies....


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 26-09-09 03:33
Futility wrote:
May I ...

COM wrote:
Thank you...


I could not agree more.
However, I do, unfortunately, beleive that there's such a slim chance anyone will take notice of this. Chances are it will be locked, and forgotten. If not that, it will just end up with more petty arguments of people not willing to understand that it isn't offensive, merely the truth.
But I for one do, undoubtably, agree, and will definitely continue to try and make people see, then learn, then teach.


Author

RE: Question about proxies....

ynori7
Member



Posts: 1486
Location: #valhalla
Joined: 08.10.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 26-09-09 05:43
MoshBat wrote:
Well, the man giving the most noble of posts that I semi-quoted gave him the tools to do the job, by that I mean gave him full access to you guys.
I was foolish to think you would keep your word; I gave you the tools to help, and you handed them out, as you said you wouldn't.
So go and make amends, like I know you're trying to do right now by "helping".

How do you figure this doesn't prove his point? Let's look at this from a different perspective:

You broke the rules and gave Futility the plesk password. Futility then gave it (a password he had no direct obligation to protect) to somebody else. Now you blame Futility and act like he's the bad guy. Let's all blame our mistakes on somebody else. Why should anybody ever stand up and take the blame for their mistakes when you can place the blame somewhere else.

The entire point in Futility's post was not to point fingers at you. The point is that those in charge are failing in their leadership.


halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

RE: Question about proxies....

ynori7
Member



Posts: 1486
Location: #valhalla
Joined: 08.10.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 26-09-09 06:07
MoshBat wrote:
I broke the rules because I thought he would help things, contribute, ya' know?
I gave him the password, he was an Admin.
...
Sure, I played my part. I am responsible for most of the damage.
But this part is key: I broke the rules to another staff member, he then broke his word to me, and the community by extension, and allowed the place to get fucked over.

Excuses. Your reasons don't matter. You fucked up. That's that.
And then he gave Fritzy the password, he thought he was only going to read people's PM's, how very... Innocent.

Futility fucked up too. He makes no attempt to hide that.
Now, my point, which you seem to have missed, is that he wants to help this place, get rid of any flaws, remove people like myself, and keep those he likes.

Wrong. He's complaining about the fact that the admins here aren't doing their jobs right. They'll remove one person for doing something, but not another person for doing that same thing. You were an example he used, not a target that he wants destroyed.
Okay, that's all fine and dandy, until you realise he's broken it more than anyone is likely to do again.

I'm assuming that the "it" that he's broken would be the rules. Sure, he broke some. More than anyone else? Haha, no. More than many, maybe. Pot calling the kettle black?
And that leads to neither of us being able to criticise the way things are run, who's allowed to stay, and the age old feud between Cheese and Spy. And neither of us deserve any respect.

Respect can be earned back. Futility has done so. You haven't.


halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

RE: Question about proxies....

Futility
Member



Posts: 725
Location: USA
Joined: 17.12.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 26-09-09 06:12
ynori7 wrote:
Now you blame Futility and act like he's the bad guy.

I am a bad guy. I fucked up, I'll admit it. I've never denied it. But I'm not the bad guy. Not anymore, at least.

moshbat wrote:
Bring it, bitch.

Mature. So far, my point seems to have come across splendidly.


Let's start with a little blast from the past.
Everyone remember Fritzo?
Yeah, that whole load of shit with the users?
Well, the man giving the most noble of posts that I semi-quoted gave him the tools to do the job, by that I mean gave him full access to you guys.

I didn't give him full access to you guys. I gave him full access to us guys. I was included in that. I trusted him, just like you trusted me. He betrayed me just as much as I betrayed you. I can admit I made a mistake and that I was wrong. It happens. No, it happened. Once. Someone I could mention is still making mistakes to this very day and is unable to accept or even acknowledge them. Who's the bad guy here, again?

I gave you the tools to help, and you handed them out, as you said you wouldn't.

Yes, yes I did. And I apologized. Profusely. I've done my best to make amends and have taken my punishment without complaint. What more should I be doing? Would a pint of my blood be enough for you to drop this shit?

So go and make amends, like I know you're trying to do right now by "helping".

lol. Seriously, I'm laughing. Do you really think that's what this whole thing is about? Is it really that hard for you to accept when you're wrong and take actions to change? I don't have a grudge against you from your past actions, merely your current ones. I could care less about what happened. I've moved on, have you?

Here's a post against you, Futility. Do. Your. Fucking. Worst.

I see that you've finally played your trump card, your ace in the hole. Your worst has been used, I'll go ahead and save mine for a time when it really matters.

Now get this straight- I don't want you gone. I don't dislike you. I don't necessarily even think you should be banned. I'm not trying to build the 'perfect HBH according to Futility'. I just want to see justice. Spy gets banned for flaming, you... don't. Members get chewed out for acting like raging asshole, you... don't. I've been waiting for someone to bring this up, to notice what I've noticed. And you know what? I'm tired of waiting. I've realized that I'm that someone, and I'm gonna go ahead and be him to the best of my abilities. Why have I waited so long? Because I know I'm not perfect, I knew my past betrayal would come back to bite me. I thought that would void my point. But you know what? I was wrong. My point is as valid as ever because you, my friend, are out of control. My past respect for you means nothing anymore. You've forfeit that right long ago.

So please, for the benefit of everyone, take it down a notch. Try actually helping once in a while. Hypocrisy from me, I know, considering my lack of participation. While I'm not exactly the site's greatest contributor, at least I'm not a constant drain on it.


i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/zanimabean/Zim.png
Futility91@hotmail.com Futility91
Author

RE: Question about proxies....

ynori7
Member



Posts: 1486
Location: #valhalla
Joined: 08.10.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 26-09-09 06:19
MoshBat wrote:
There are some people's respect that I neither want nor care for, and I'll leave it to you to figure that out.

Who's respect do you think you have?


halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >