Follow us on Twitter!
You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself. - Galileo
Sunday, April 20, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 32
Guests Online: 27
Members Online: 5

Registered Members: 82848
Newest Member: aIjundi
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Trouble Shooting

Author

PHP in a nutshell my %#&

Your avatar

Posted on 27-08-06 05:22
ok, I got a book called "PHP in a nutshell"

obviously it is for php, but anyways. I got the windows zip file of the php compiler. I unzipped it and put it in my c drive. now, I renmaed a few things like it said (same thing just shortened it all). now, I went to go run it and typed:

c:\php\php.exe (this is correct as this is where the book told me to do so and I did EVERYTHING THE BOOK SAID). anyways, it was in cmd obv, but it went to a new line and stayed blank. I sat there for 10 minutes and still nothing. is there something I am missing? do I need to CD to this and what would I need to do exactly? any help is appreciated. also, do I need a apache compiler and mysql if I aint making a site and just learning php code?

Author

RE: PHP in a nutshell my %#&

Your avatar

Posted on 01-09-06 21:30
can someone please help me?

Author

SySTeM

Your avatar

HBH Guru
Posted on 01-09-06 22:16
If you are a beginner, I'd suggest "easyphp", google it for a download

img138.imageshack.us/img138/6527/sig2ak1.jpg
www.hellboundhackers.org/sig/r/2783.png

http://www.elites0ft.com/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 03-09-06 01:12
thank you so much system! I have been trying to get this figured out forever. I wanna learn php so bad because I am working on perl as well and with them being alot alike (barely any difference that I see), I wanted to get my hands dirty in php. I was wondering htough, What kind of servers are they talking about when they say server? I looked server up on wikipedia and found out there are file servers and application servers and database servers. Any help would thanked. I am thinking of buying a server just to have and try to work with. I know they are not cheap but if I can use it to learn then o well.

Author

regret

Apprentice
Posted on 29-12-06 04:46
I hate those "in a nutshell books" too...but strangely enough, I swear by the Orielly books. I've always had better success with the Learning *programming language here* => Intermediate => Programming in *programming language here*, then for cool ideas (and if money permits) I'll get the *Programming Language* Cookbook. I learned Perl very easily using those books.

www.hellboundhackers.org/sig/r/12852.png
I am the machine that reveals the truth to you as only I can see it.

Memories are nice, but that\'s all they are....memories.

You can\'t ever find a place that\'s nice and peaceful, because there isn\'t any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you\'re not looking, somebody\'ll sneak up and write \'Fuck you\' right under your nose.
di3m0nd6ack www.regretexistence.com