Follow us on Twitter!
The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 24
Guests Online: 20
Members Online: 4

Registered Members: 82818
Newest Member: Ahmed
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Programming

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Author

Pascal or C++


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 15-05-09 02:40
hi everyone, can anyone tell me from which language should I start to learn? I am a flash developer, I do action script, but hacking and stuff is completely different from designing and building sites. So from which language should I start to learn if I want to go in depth in programming and hacking? Pascal or C++? thanks for your time.

Edited by on 15-05-09 02:41
Author

RE: Pascal or C++

ynori7
Member



Posts: 1486
Location: #valhalla
Joined: 08.10.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 15-05-09 02:51
Ben_dh wrote:
hacking and stuff is completely different from designing and building sites.

It's not that different unless the sites you're talking about are shitty and vulnerable.

So from which language should I start to learn if I want to go in depth in programming and hacking? Pascal or C++? thanks for your time.

The best language you can learn is the one you feel most comfortable with. Try each, and then decide. If you still can't figure it out, flip a coin. The language really doesn't make that much difference as long as you understand the concepts and the logic.


halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

RE: Pascal or C++


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 15-05-09 02:51
Ben_dh wrote:
hi everyone, can anyone tell me from which language should I start to learn? I am a flash developer, I do action script, but hacking and stuff is completely different from designing and building sites. So from which language should I start to learn if I want to go in depth in programming and hacking? Pascal or C++? thanks for your time.


My mother knows Pascal(no joke) - So unless you want to be like my mother, go for C++.




Author

RE: Pascal or C++

ynori7
Member



Posts: 1486
Location: #valhalla
Joined: 08.10.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 15-05-09 02:59
Dynamic wrote:
My mother knows Pascal(no joke) - So unless you want to be like my mother, go for C++.

What kind of moronic reasoning is that? Oh...I just answered my own question.


halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

RE: Pascal or C++


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 15-05-09 03:01
ynori7 wrote:
Dynamic wrote:
My mother knows Pascal(no joke) - So unless you want to be like my mother, go for C++.

What kind of moronic reasoning is that? Oh...I just answered my own question.


Now now, Don't be harsh.. It's totally cool with me if he wants to be like my mother..


Author

RE: Pascal or C++


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 15-05-09 03:07
ynori7 wrote:
It's not that different unless the sites you're talking about are shitty and vulnerable.


Since I am a flash developer, the sites I am talking about are Flash sites which uses action script and little bit php. Does that makes any difference?


The best language you can learn is the one you feel most comfortable with. Try each, and then decide. If you still can't figure it out, flip a coin. The language really doesn't make that much difference as long as you understand the concepts and the logic.


I feel comfortable with Pascal, but as people say it is for school pupils, so it makes me think that it is not a good language to start with if I want to go in depth.
Author

RE: Pascal or C++


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 15-05-09 03:10
Dynamic wrote:

My mother knows Pascal(no joke) - So unless you want to be like my mother, go for C++.



That is cool. But just knowing some basic syntax in Pascal does not mean that they know Pascal. If you know what I mean. and Thanks for your suggestion. :happy:

Edited by on 15-05-09 03:11
Author

RE: Pascal or C++


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 15-05-09 03:10
Ben_dh wrote:
I feel comfortable with Pascal, but as people say it is for school pupils, so it makes me think that it is not a good language to start with if I want to go in depth.


Duh, That's because schools are outdated.


Author

RE: Pascal or C++


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 15-05-09 03:11
Ben_dh wrote:
Dynamic wrote:

My mother knows Pascal(no joke) - So unless you want to be like my mother, go for C++.



That is cool. But just knowing some basic syntax in Pascal does not mean that they know Pascal. If you know what I mean.


I know what you mean, and my mother still knows pascal..


Author

RE: Pascal or C++


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 15-05-09 03:14
I know what you mean, and my mother still knows pascal..


haha then that is something you should be proud of.
Author

RE: Pascal or C++


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 15-05-09 03:17
Ben_dh wrote:
I know what you mean, and my mother still knows pascal..


haha then that is something you should be proud of.


Sigh, it seems my point didn't get in.


Author

RE: Pascal or C++


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 15-05-09 03:22
Sigh, it seems my point didn't get in.


I could just start from C++, you know at times people feel incapable.
Author

RE: Pascal or C++

ynori7
Member



Posts: 1486
Location: #valhalla
Joined: 08.10.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 15-05-09 03:43
Dynamic wrote:
Sigh, it seems my point didn't get in.

The fact that something is old doesn't make it bad. Brainfuck is more recent than C++, but it's definitely not better.


halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

RE: Pascal or C++


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 15-05-09 03:50
My friend has a book... it is called C++ in 21 days. It's basically a 21 day class with a book as a teacher and you're the only student.

That's the basics, and some slightly more advanced stuff such as object oriented programming, all in three weeks.

Its not a waste of time, because you get a good grasp on a popular language, and if you dont like it then you still understand the logic of programming and know what kind of language would be better for you.


Author

RE: Pascal or C++


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 15-05-09 14:33
ynori7 wrote:
Dynamic wrote:
Sigh, it seems my point didn't get in.

The fact that something is old doesn't make it bad. Brainfuck is more recent than C++, but it's definitely not better.


No, but the fact that something is old, usually means it's outdated.


Author

RE: Pascal or C++

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location: The Netherlands
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 15-05-09 15:00
Dynamic wrote:
No, but the fact that something is old, usually means it's outdated.


Hello, you must be new here.



img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
“Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?” - Ebert
[/s
http://bitsofspy.net
Author

RE: Pascal or C++


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 15-05-09 15:43
spyware wrote:
Hello, you must be new here.


I guess you could say that.. but what makes you say that?




Edited by on 15-05-09 15:44
Author

RE: Pascal or C++


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 15-05-09 16:52
So because Pytagoras is old it is useless?


Author

RE: Pascal or C++


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 15-05-09 17:02
ctrl_ wrote:
So because Pytagoras is old it is useless?


I did say usually..


Author

RE: Pascal or C++


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 15-05-09 17:07
No (knowlegde) is useless just because it's old. New knowlegde is most likely based old one, so you end up learning something anyways.

And with computer programming it dosn't matter that much if it is outdated when you are learning it, aslong as you learn the logic behind programming.


Page 1 of 2 1 2 >