Follow us on Twitter!
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before. - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 22
Guests Online: 20
Members Online: 2

Registered Members: 82838
Newest Member: w1zarrd
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Hardware

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Author

RE: My System, Open for Comments and Suggestions

Your avatar

Posted on 13-01-08 02:03
korg wrote:
@V1P3R. Yeah the 9600 was a little slower. I meant the 9700 coming out next month. Fucked up when I posted Fixed it. Plus the release of the 9900 is also coming.

ok, i remeber when the 3200+ series came out, they used to own intel at the time (for gaming).
Author

hellboundhackersok

Moderate
Warn Level: 95
Posted on 13-01-08 03:34
true the 9700 phenom is gonna be awesome.. but Intel is gonna have the Penryn! thats gonna be sweet! xD but yeah... the phenom is gonna be cheaper.. and U still get damn good performance Grin
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 13-01-08 04:07
hellboundhackersok wrote:
Duuude(s)!!! an Intel Quad Q6600
WILL BLOW AWAY the AMD x2 dual core any day!
*not to start a flame war!*

Okay... have you actually had both processors in systems, in front of you, with comparable specs, and compared them? Oh, wait... that was me. If you don't know what you're blabbing about, then shut up.

Author

hellboundhackersok

Moderate
Posted on 13-01-08 04:14
well did you run SYSmark or anything like that on them?
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 13-01-08 04:17
well did you run SYSmark or anything like that on them?

No, I gave them a practical test. I test my systems through REAL WORK. Still doesn't address the fact that... you don't have the processors to physically do anything with. All of your comments are speculation.

Author

hellboundhackersok

Moderate
Posted on 13-01-08 04:23
OMG you didnt use sysmark or 3D mark? or anything?! well its true that I didn't test it myself, I was just looking at the processors in a performance with multi-core enabled apps.. Not with just day-day-use, anyway, I don't want to argue, so I'll just leave this thread alone for a while Grin
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 13-01-08 04:28
OMG you didnt use sysmark or 3D mark? or anything?! well its true that I didn't test it myself, I was just looking at the processors in a performance with multi-core enabled apps.. Not with just day-day-use, anyway, I don't want to argue, so I'll just leave this thread alone for a while Grin

I wouldn't call my testing "day-to-day use", but yes, I do not use benchmarking software. I do my own benches. Anyways, this thread can die now... I just wanted to kill the whole "OMG, a quad has to kill a dual" mentality.

Author

spyware

God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 13-01-08 04:28

I test my systems through REAL WORK

I don't buy my pc's to do 3dMark tests.

img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
“Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?” - Ebert
[/s
http://bitsofspy.net
Author

hellboundhackersok

Moderate
Posted on 13-01-08 04:31
Zephyr_Pure wrote:

I wouldn't call my testing "day-to-day use", but yes, I do not use benchmarking software. I do my own benches. Anyways, this thread can die now... I just wanted to kill the whole "OMG, a quad has to kill a dual" mentality.

sorry if it sounded like that
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 13-01-08 04:58
I just wanted to kill the whole "OMG, a quad has to kill a dual" mentality.

Amen... ever heard of point of limited return? XD I have never had any performance issues AT ALL even whilst running Photoshop CS2, Flash8, 3dsMax8, full services, Startock object desktop suite (without window manager thingy cuz of my geforce6600 :\ ), iTunes, MediaCoder (and transcoding some flv's), and OpenOffice.org

On a dual-core. Maybe if I had been running l0phtcrack I would have had issues... what with it taking up 50% and mediacoder taking up the other core. But, for "normal use", and "heavy use", dual core does everything that's needed. I have no need for a quad; I won't run two versions of LC, plus transcoders, plus compilers all at once O.O.

Besides, most quads run slower than duals (clock). That means lower performance for a single app, such as keyrate in LC5...

Also, it's kinda cool looking up and seeing "98ºF: for CPU temp, and mobo only 102 XD.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 13-01-08 15:05
ThorsDecree wrote:
Also, it's kinda cool looking up and seeing "98ºF: for CPU temp, and mobo only 102 XD.

haha, you should see my laptop gfx card at the moment (512mb Geforce Go 7900GTX) runs at 102 degrees celsius when playing games lol, getting it replaced with a 7950GTX soon Smile

edit: thats 215.6 ºF looks like i win Grin

Edited by on 13-01-08 15:07
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2