Newest Member: mor-amit
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Networking

Author

ISP creation

Your avatar

Posted on 16-10-08 13:32
Can anybody tell me how I can provide my own internet? I googled it a bit with a little luck but not much. I'll keep looking around until somebody says something.
Author

RE: ISP creation

Your avatar

Posted on 16-10-08 13:33
Well you'd need a backbone connection to the internet and a stabe server. I dont know much else about it.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 16-10-08 13:36
http://www.allian. . .eguide.asp

Both puts it in perspective and gives good pointers. You just don't have the technical knowledge / expertise to do it.

Edited by on 16-10-08 13:37
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 16-10-08 14:06
100% right Zephyr, as of right now, but I have a schizophrenic ability to learn...

Anyways, I have a general understanding of the hardware necessity, but conceptually I believe myself to be lacking still. Internet is a mass connection of no hierarchical configuration, and is provided by those who can harness bandwidth and sell it via telephone line or cable line per every second of continuous delivery. By going through the steps of building my internet service providing scheme all I have learned is to then buy bandwidth from a larger source, whole sale, which could be cheaper than going through my current provider, and potentially paying off the equipment in years. My analogy, if it fits, is like building my own water tower and buying water from those that own the stream/river/lake/ocean.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 16-10-08 14:39
whitecell wrote:
100% right Zephyr, as of right now, but I have a schizophrenic ability to learn...

No, you have a schizophrenic ability to ask questions. Stick to one topic to learn.

By going through the steps of building my internet service providing scheme all I have learned is to then buy bandwidth from a larger source, whole sale, which could be cheaper than going through my current provider, and potentially paying off the equipment in years. My analogy, if it fits, is like building my own water tower and buying water from those that own the stream/river/lake/ocean.

It only ends up being cheaper / a better deal if you actually have clients. Otherwise, it's like buying a car lot instead of renting a car; you're not going to see a profit until you take care of the upfront expenses by drawing in revenue.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 16-10-08 19:47
“There are no foolish questions and no man becomes a fool until he has stopped asking questions”

yeah that and ADD that kept me from learning in a proper institute because of not staying on one topic, lol.

Note taken though, learning to build an ISP schematic doesn't make much sense at all when you put it that way.

Edited by on 16-10-08 19:50