Follow us on Twitter!
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before. - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 40
Guests Online: 36
Members Online: 4

Registered Members: 82839
Newest Member: fezphantom
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Questions

Author

IP Spoofing


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 04-09-08 04:03
I have been reading up more on IP Spoofing on Wikipedia and security focus yet I am still a bit confused. Both sources state, "masking your true identity."
Yet, this must be traceable? Or does it become traceable with the packets are filtered, if they are filtered. After I get more experience I want to make an attempt on this. There's a server with many services to test, like rlogin for example.
Any tips for such an attempt? I do not want to do a DoS attack. I have no intentions to damage server, just snoop. Unless I get reason to do so.


Author

RE: IP Spoofing


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 04-09-08 04:26
chronicburst wrote:
I have been reading up more on IP Spoofing on Wikipedia and security focus yet I am still a bit confused. Both sources state, "masking your true identity."
Yet, this must be traceable? Or does it become traceable with the packets are filtered, if they are filtered.


Unless you're doing UDP connections, IP Spoofing is referring to tunneled connections. Otherwise... if you spoofed your IP, the TCP responses wouldn't find you... because they'd be going to the wrong IP. It's traceable if you're tunneling your connection, yes; that's why people always tell you not to rely on just one proxy (well, maybe not you... but, it's sound advice that's been tossed around here a lot before).


After I get more experience I want to make an attempt on this. There's a server with many services to test, like rlogin for example.
Any tips for such an attempt? I do not want to do a DoS attack. I have no intentions to damage server, just snoop. Unless I get reason to do so.


It's different for each service, in most cases. Similar methodologies between some of them, though. Analyze your target, determine the services, document your plans of attack... then, carry them out over a long period of time so as not to be detected by too close concurrent attempts. Patience takes the gold.


Author

RE: IP Spoofing


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 04-09-08 04:35
What I want to do is spoof the IP of a machine on the network so I can pretend I am on the network. So to do this I should tunnel through a chain of proxies. Well I am going to start phase 1 (over again) and document everything on paper(burns when on fire!). I have done all in the past just not documented appropriately.

I will start with Zenmap, however tunneling the proxies. Should I just use Firefox preferences and insert the proxy IP's and ports? It confuses me how that works and why it wouldn't be a setting you would adjust in another location. Like firewall. Is that what I should do actually. Input the proxy chain in my Kaspersky firewall?


Author

RE: IP Spoofing


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 04-09-08 11:28
chronicburst wrote:
What I want to do is spoof the IP of a machine on the network so I can pretend I am on the network. So to do this I should tunnel through a chain of proxies. Well I am going to start phase 1 (over again) and document everything on paper(burns when on fire!). I have done all in the past just not documented appropriately.

I will start with Zenmap, however tunneling the proxies. Should I just use Firefox preferences and insert the proxy IP's and ports? It confuses me how that works and why it wouldn't be a setting you would adjust in another location. Like firewall. Is that what I should do actually. Input the proxy chain in my Kaspersky firewall?


The way tunneling connections works is that your browser sends a request to a proxy server. If it's an HTTP proxy, the request will look like this:

[CODE]
GET http://www.site.com/whatever_page.html HTTP/1.1
More standard headers go here...
[/CODE]

The proxy server connects to www.site.com and sends a request for whatever_page.html (with the standard headers that the browser sent). The server accepts the data that comes in return. It then sends the data to you to get displayed on your browser. A good way to keep yourself pretty safe is to use a previously hacked box. Delete the logs of you being there and you can't normally be traced. Try to go through as many boxes as possible, so it looks like:


Your computer -> Hacked 1 -> Hacked 2 -> Hacked 3 -> ... -> Target


If you get enough of those, you don't have to worry. Especially, if you also delete the logs of the target.
Author

RE: IP Spoofing


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 04-09-08 13:33
chronicburst wrote:
What I want to do is spoof the IP of a machine on the network so I can pretend I am on the network.


In that case, you don't need to worry about spoofing an IP... just determine what subnet your target is on, and put your comp on that subnet as well. Voila.


I will start with Zenmap, however tunneling the proxies. Should I just use Firefox preferences and insert the proxy IP's and ports? It confuses me how that works and why it wouldn't be a setting you would adjust in another location. Like firewall. Is that what I should do actually. Input the proxy chain in my Kaspersky firewall?


... This is why security tools should require a pre-requisite knowledge of the concepts being used by the tools. Your firewall has nothing to do with proxies... whatsoever. Use the SwitchProxy extension for Firefox... it's self-explanatory.

Oh, and don't attempt anything until you have a more solid understanding of what's going on; otherwise, you're liable to do something stupid and get caught.


Author

RE: IP Spoofing


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 04-09-08 20:13
Now you say my browser sends the request. Now if I were to input a proxy into Firefox and then exit Firefox and open command prompt. Then ping a server. Is this still going through my browser? Like say I were to use a tool such as Legion, a net bios GUI tool. Then it is or isn't running on the proxy because the proxy is in the browser. Or because it is the default browser it will automatically work via the proxy.

@Zephyr_Pure, I understand not to do something without FULL understanding because that's where I end up with a guy named Jamal in my 'pooper' saying.. "You just dropped that soap". While I am in solitary confinement.

Now there is a webserver, which I will be defacing with as much time as it takes. This is a personal hack because well... Personal meaning they mess with me I mess with them. For example if you have a stick 30 feet in your a** then that's not suppose to be my problem. So I want to deface and make a flash video and make it the defacement.

Do you guys suggest I hack a few... like 3, computers that are home owned so I can use as a personal proxy chain? Then remove all the logs and hell maybe even burn the servers for no trace. Sounds like a good idea to me.


Author

RE: IP Spoofing


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 04-09-08 20:33
1. If you use the proxy in your browser... it stays in your browser.
2. If you're going to deface, I'm not offering any more help. Defacing is stupid.
3. Grow up and get your head out of the clouds.


Author

RE: IP Spoofing


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 04-09-08 23:46
Okay. Well you think defacing is dumb then what would you do if you found a vulnerability on a web site. And reporting it doesn't count, in this case.
But I know what you mean by defacing is dumb. But welll. I don't know I am going to do the do.


Author

RE: IP Spoofing


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 05-09-08 00:50
chronicburst wrote:
Okay. Well you think defacing is dumb then what would you do if you found a vulnerability on a web site. And reporting it doesn't count, in this case.
But I know what you mean by defacing is dumb. But welll. I don't know I am going to do the do.


Gee... I'd probably do something more creative and less "Zone-H faggotry-prone", and actually use the vulnerability to explore the site. Grab source, grab info, create an account or a page so I can get back in... then, investigate what I've found.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that hacking is the pursuit of knowledge through applying knowledge. I have no other goal with it than that. Once I've gone down the rabbit hole, I'm not looking for the treasure... just another door to take me deeper.

If you're looking for advice on how to destroy, you might very well want to apply yourself more to gaining enough knowledge so that you might figure out your own goals.


Author

RE: IP Spoofing


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 05-09-08 02:03
See thats the thing. The only thing that I could do with this page is create another way in and then. Well. Actually okay.
So if I were to gain access, then remove traces, then could I setup another way in such as VPN without leaving a permeate trace to me other than the open port.


Author

RE: IP Spoofing


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 05-09-08 08:04
chronicburst wrote:
then could I setup another way in such as VPN without leaving a permeate trace to me other than the open port.


Yeah... you do that. It'll work just fine. While your at it, if you take down the SLIP by hacking into and erasing the MySQL port, then you'll be untracable. Wink

Just grow up, quit before you do something you don't understand, and go outside and play the great MMORPG called Real Life. Maybe if your lucky, you'll get the sense kicked back into you.
Author

RE: IP Spoofing


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 05-09-08 22:00
"Play the great MMORPG called Real Life"
-SententialHawk
Ouch, but point taken.
It is only that I have no reason to hack anything because in order to not be a skid you need a reason. Which I don't have. And don't think I will ever have because well... I have no reason to.