Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | General | Debates

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Author

I'm pro abortion

Your avatar

Posted on 02-12-09 21:35
I thought putting my views on the abortion topic that's so hotly argued over in the states might put a spark back in this forum.

I'm pro abortion, not pro choice. Pro abortion.

I think given the choice far too many women ( I say women not couples because ultimately it's their choice) make the wrong decision and don't abort.

Do you think people shouldn't have the choice and it should be forced up people?

No, that's not acceptable. I just think the stigma must be lifted around it, it should be a more accepted option.

You mention that you think women make the wrong choice, are you a misogynist?

No, I think men are to blame also, but I also think that they don't get anywhere near the say in the matter they desearve. Can this be fixed? Should there be a legal framework for the fathers opinion to influence abortions? No, at the end of the day it's the womans body, she has to go through the pregnancy/birth/abortion. I think that is a tougher question than the abortion question (by far) hopefully this debate will morph on to that subject.

Author

RE: I'm pro abortion

Your avatar

Posted on 02-12-09 22:28
Discussion about abortion, what?

Oh wait, religious America.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 02-12-09 23:03
Compromise wrote:
Discussion about abortion, what?

Oh wait, religious America.

They seem to be having a day off...

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 02-12-09 23:30
nah, I prefer abortion to not abortion, it's less about people should have a choice, more that they should have abortions.

Author

stealth-

Mad User
Posted on 02-12-09 23:32
Considering people here appear to love "debates", I'm surprised this forum isn't riddled with flames already Shock

My opinion is that I think abortion is more than okay, and the women should be given the choice. However, if the male mate doesn't want it and she does, he should be able to legally revoke all connection to that baby.

The irony of man's condition is that the deepest need is to be free of the anxiety of death and annihilation; but it is life itself which awakens it, and so we must shrink from being fully alive.
http://www.stealt. . .
http://www.stealth-x.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 02-12-09 23:53
What if she's poor and can't support the baby without his aide? Does she have to abort, then she has no choice.

Bringing up a baby without a father and/or knowledge of his biological father is damaging to it's life. It's not fair to never tell the child who their father is as some people need to be able to "know how they are".

At the end of the day, if for religious reasons she doesn't want to /can't abort then what is she to do?

If he didn't want a baby he should have used protection/ better protection if it failed.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 03-12-09 00:57
wolfmankurd wrote:
I think given the choice far too many women ( I say women not couples because ultimately it's their choice) make the wrong decision and don't abort.

You're arguing a high level topic without defining the concepts on the base level. What is the right decision, and what makes that decision right?

And honestly, you've chosen a poor target audience for this debate since about 95% of us are male, and it's really not our choice (assuming a choice is given).

And I've never understood why people feel so strongly about topics like this and gay marriage and other such personal matters. People are too interested in other people's affairs. I'd rather focus on the decisions that affect my life.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 03-12-09 01:45
Right decision: Abort
Why: Too many babies.
Most abortions are by women who couldn't support a child, those children would (if allowed to live) have a higher risk for being a criminal. I think there is even some interesting statistics about legalised abortions in the US and a drop in crime rate some decades later.

Some people consider feotus's alive, so abortion murder as far as they are concerned. Most people( perhaps unlike you) don't feel they could sit idling by while overs commit legalised murder, thats why they feel the need to interfer in others affairs.

Granted that;s mainly crazy catholics.

Edited by on 03-12-09 01:50
Author

stealth-

Mad User
Posted on 03-12-09 02:14
wolfmankurd wrote:
What if she's poor and can't support the baby without his aide? Does she have to abort, then she has no choice.

Bringing up a baby without a father and/or knowledge of his biological father is damaging to it's life. It's not fair to never tell the child who their father is as some people need to be able to "know how they are".

At the end of the day, if for religious reasons she doesn't want to /can't abort then what is she to do?

If he didn't want a baby he should have used protection/ better protection if it failed.

"he should have used protection/ better protection if it failed". What if he used *the best* protection? There is no sex protection, other than not having sex, that is guaranteed 100% to always work. Men shouldn't have to enter sex thinking they could get tied down for the rest of their lives, at least that's not the way society views it anymore, so the government rules should reflect that.

Yes, If she is unable to support the child, I don't think the father should have to pay. Because even with him paying, he's not involved in the child's life if he doesn't want to be. You can make payments while ignoring the kid if you'd like, so why force the payments? If she can't support the baby on her own, that's not the fathers problem. The father shouldn't have to pay, especially if he gets/wants nothing back.

And yes, she does have the choice to get an abortion, no matter what the restrictions (not enough money on her own, religious, doesn't want to) she has the "ability" to get the abortion. Maybe, in her opinion, not the choice, but in the governments view if she has the ability to get one, that's okay with me.

Okay, not to be rude, but I don't really feel like debating abortion. I'm not backing out or being pissed off at you, it's just I left my opinion and wasn't really wanting to get into a full fledged debate Smile

The irony of man's condition is that the deepest need is to be free of the anxiety of death and annihilation; but it is life itself which awakens it, and so we must shrink from being fully alive.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 03-12-09 02:19
wolfmankurd wrote:
those children would (if allowed to live) have a higher risk for being a criminal.

Granted that;s mainly crazy catholics.

being poor doesn't make you significantly more likely to commit violent crimes. and there are a lot of religous groups and people with 4 TV's that are against anykind of testing/abortion.

did you know that if you smoke dried sperm you can get high? thought this might be an ok place for a rumor.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 03-12-09 02:34
maug wrote:
did you know that if you smoke dried sperm you can get high? thought this might be an ok place for a rumor.

We should all flood myth busters with this idea lol

Author

stealth-

Mad User
Posted on 03-12-09 02:37
ShadyTyrant wrote:
maug wrote:

We should all flood myth busters with this idea lol

Lol, I bet I could trick my science teacher into showing that episode in class, directly after one of his "drugs are bad" lectures Grin

Edited by stealth- on 03-12-09 02:37
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 03-12-09 02:52
wolfmankurd wrote:
Right decision: Abort
Why: Too many babies.
Most abortions are by women who couldn't support a child, those children would (if allowed to live) have a higher risk for being a criminal. I think there is even some interesting statistics about legalised abortions in the US and a drop in crime rate some decades later.

By your logic, the "right decision" is abstinence, not abortion.

Some people consider feotus's alive, so abortion murder as far as they are concerned. Most people( perhaps unlike you) don't feel they could sit idling by while overs commit legalised murder, thats why they feel the need to interfer in others affairs.

It may make me sound like a bastard, but I honestly don't care if people go around murdering each other as long as they don't kill anybody I like or have use for.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 03-12-09 04:28
I don't give a fuck. neither should you.
If you want to abort, go and do it. if not, don't do it.

have a nice day.

Author

korg
Admin from hell

God
Posted on 03-12-09 06:58
Personally I don't think it's anyone choice to say yes or no except the parents of the unborn child. I really don't think this is the place to start a debate on this subject, we are a security site remember. I'll leave this thread unless it gets out of hand.

i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/korg1269/shodan13.jpg

I deal in pain, All life I drain, I dominate, I seal your fate.
O R
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 03-12-09 08:59
Apophis wrote:

By your logic, the "right decision" is abstinence, not abortion.

Nah can't stop people having sex, but they should de-stigmatise abortion.

Anyways this thread has crashed and burned.

Also korg, this part of the forum is is on "anything and everything"? Nobody post anything but challenge questions, and no body likes giving challenge help cause usually it amounts to spoilers... If people can't make general threads then this forum will always be dead.

Author

korg
Admin from hell

God
Posted on 03-12-09 11:59
wolfmankurd, The only reason I said that is, anytime a subject like this,
religion or what country your from, it ends up in a flame war. I hope you guy's prove me wrong this time.

i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/korg1269/shodan13.jpg

I deal in pain, All life I drain, I dominate, I seal your fate.
O R
Author

stealth-

Mad User
Posted on 03-12-09 15:37
It's done pretty good so far, but I guess that might be because virtually nobody has voiced their opinion yet :/

Author

ynori7

God
Posted on 03-12-09 15:49
stealth- wrote:
It's done pretty good so far, but I guess that might be because virtually nobody has voiced their opinion yet :/

Well, like Apophis (I believe) said earlier, this is a poor venue for a debate on this topic. I suspect that most people here don't really care one way or the other.

halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg

Edited by ynori7 on 25-04-10 05:51
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 03-12-09 17:06
Honestly I'm against abortion but it's not my place to delve into the matters of others, your choice and your life are yours, not mine. If you can go on with an abortion and be able to sleep at night then good for you.

I just believe it serves no point to argue over others decisions especially when the Christian faith isn't meant to be a free-for-all access card to the judges seat. Personally I believe God is the one to judge and any Christian that thinks the service is given to them needs to reexamine their faith...

I don't intend to play the entire God isn't real game either, I have my reasons and I leave it at that.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >