Follow us on Twitter!
Your life is ending one minute at a time. If you were to die tomorrow, what would you do today?
Friday, April 25, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 25
Guests Online: 22
Members Online: 3

Registered Members: 82906
Newest Member: ilija
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | General Computer Problems

Author

HELP! im having Problems with vista

Your avatar

Posted on 22-05-07 16:45
Ok so i went and bought a new computer from fry's the other day and it came with vista on it and im having problems with it. Most of the programs i try to run will come up with a message saying it has stoped responding and needs to close. the only thing i can get to run is WoW but ever 5min or so it will give me a message saying "windows display driver has stopped responding" or something like that. anyways i went out and bought a copy of windows xp with SP2 and i was wondering if there was a way to install it.

ok i am not a big computer person and i have no idea what im doing but i will tell you what i have tried:

i have tried just putting the cd in when i was at the desktop but the "install" button was blacked out so i could'nt click it

i put the cd in and turned my computer on and tried to install it like that but it came up with a message saying my cd was not valid

so yeah... if there is a way to uninstal vista and install xp can sombody explain how to do it in like a very dumb down verson cause when i googled it i could understand what they ment.

thanks Grin

Author

RE: HELP! im having Problems with vista

Ayr4

Your avatar

Moderate
Posted on 22-05-07 16:48
Format the c drive?
If you can start Messenger i can try to help you out:happy:

Edited by Ayr4 on 22-05-07 16:48
anbu.sf@hotmail.com
Author

AldarHawk

Hacker Level 1
Posted on 22-05-07 17:12
Check for updates on your video drivers, make sure the machine is fully Vista compatable...if it is not go back to the shop and demand your money back or they put XP on it. I personally DESPISE Vista.

Just ask Yahoo!Taboo! http://www.erikwestlake.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 22-05-07 17:17
Try running some of the programs that crash in XP compatibility mode, that worked for some progs here.

It seems MS made some big changes the the vista bootloader, so you can't install XP alongside it. You can, however, format C, install XP and then install vista on a seperate partition.

Author

richohealey

Monster
Posted on 22-05-07 17:18
LOL. thanks microsoft for making it impossible to boot anything else on the machine.

bitchohealey at hotmail dot com skype:richohealey www.psych0tik.net
Author

Ayr4

Your avatar

Moderate
Posted on 22-05-07 17:27
If your having problems formatting the c drive, yoiu can ise a Linux live cd, and try to format, ot delete the windows folder from there::ninja:

anbu.sf@hotmail.com