Follow us on Twitter!
You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself. - Galileo
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 16
Guests Online: 15
Members Online: 1

Registered Members: 82889
Newest Member: Geriztul
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Author

hacker journals

maug2

Posted on 29-01-13 20:27
A journal would not be an article. Where as an article is finite and polished up, a journal would be what happens in our projects as they develop. Even if two people do the same project, it doesn't always go by the book.

This is something I have seen on other forums.

tip the cup, feed the fire, and forget about useless fucking hope. - a desolation song, agalloch
Author

RE: hacker journals

ynori7

God
Posted on 30-01-13 13:46
Are you asking a question?

halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

maug2

Posted on 30-01-13 15:51
Nope. Requesting a feature.

tip the cup, feed the fire, and forget about useless fucking hope. - a desolation song, agalloch

Edited by maug2 on 30-01-13 15:52
Author

ellipsis

Uber Elite
Posted on 02-02-13 06:18
ynori7 wrote:
Are you asking a question?

He did post in the "Comments and Suggestions" section.

Author

maug2

Posted on 04-02-13 09:55
I would really like to push for this, because many of us will be doing the same exact projects. Like installing Linux, setting up a home network, building a computer from scratch, etc. It will also ensure we get some discussion on practical and hands on stuff - not just the occasional thread on "why is challenge * down"

Only the author needs to be active for this to keep HBH active. Currently, we have a maximum of 3-4 people posting in any given thread, which is a pretty inactive discussion imo. Me coming onto the forum once a week for my own forum thread is not active. Me updating my journal with real content once a week is active.

Author

Mordak
Evil Sorcerer

Elite
Posted on 04-02-13 13:47
There is a blog system i have. Which needs tests and a little bit more work. would that do ?

http://developers.hellboundhackers.org
Author

maug2

Posted on 05-02-13 14:51
Hard to say without seeing it. I was thinking you could just re-use some of the forum and article code. People could comment like forums, and rate like articles.

If a member has an article, then they could have an icon linking to their journal either by the "send PM" link or below their avatar.

A navigation page as the home page might be nice too. Something like this would remove all the clutter on the home page. i.imgur.com/y7FnGU5.png