Follow us on Twitter!
One mans freedom fighter, another's terrorist.
Friday, April 25, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 14
Guests Online: 14
Members Online: 0

Registered Members: 82908
Newest Member: krishna7799
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Hacking in general

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Author

Computer forensics

Your avatar

Posted on 15-01-08 09:14
Right now I'm worried about some possible legal troubles. Without divulging anything, I've chatted about it via my web browser. Now I use firefox, have it clear all the data when closing etc, how easy would it be to recover chat logs on my PC? And how would I go about really securing all of that information? Is a format in order? I know very little about computer forensics Frown

Author

RE: Computer forensics

Your avatar

Posted on 15-01-08 10:39
Sorry in advance if this is too long.

I you did anything on someone elses computer or used a buisness/school network, they sometimes feel they have the right to read emails, etc.

Your computer might have admin tools to keep track of users, etc. This is different with different OS.

Also, if you didn't use a proxy server, your ISP might be sending everything straight to the NSA. like I know AT&T does. I also think some proxy servers are traps too.

Edit:
slpctrl wrote:
I've chatted about it via my web browser.

after reading it a second time:
Here is a statistic I heard: 90% of hackers that are caught are caught because they talk about what they did. It's best to not attract attention...

I'm not sure what would get saved. But the NSA and feds can do all sorts of sleezy things like warentless phone taps. If they get your computer, they have everything they need, and therefor don't need to mention the tapping in court. >>Your best defence to this is having another brother or room mate live with you.

I would say your best bet is backing up whatever files you need, and then tossing your HD in 5 feet of mud. You probably want something done quickly. If you printed out the chat logs or anything else, printers keep logs and it might be checked. I'd have to look up info graphics card memory, but that seems possible too.

By the way, sticking your HD in the toaster is the sunburn of data incineration. Maybe If the feds come over, you could just act really stoned as you walk your HD over to the microwaveWink. Good Luck.

PS: line taps can last over 90 days. It's probably good practice to assume you have one if you are unsure.

Edited by on 15-01-08 11:47
Author

Uber0n

Hacker Level 3
Posted on 15-01-08 12:26
http://www.hellbo. . .e-way.html

And NEVER talk about illegal stuff you do, specially not over the internet but preferrably not even with your friends in school etc, no matter if it's computer stuff or anything else.

img230.imageshack.us/img230/724/uber0nsig3hj6.gif
http://uber0n.web. . .
Nope http://uber0n.webs.com/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 15-01-08 14:19
This will help you : http://dban.sourceforge.net/

Backup what you need, destroy everything else. Set it for the maximum iterations and let it go.

By the time you've done that and reinstalled an OS over the top, you will be in a safer position.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 15-01-08 15:52
i once read an artical on how to built a emp bomb... i belive i read it in i-hacked.... im sure its still there......

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 15-01-08 15:52
i once read an artical on how to built a emp bomb... i belive i read it in i-hacked.... im sure its still there......

Author

What_A_Legend

Active User
Posted on 15-01-08 16:05
I got an idea....Don't break the law and then there be no need to erase files or to microwave your HDD. Problem solved/

i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/Golden_Lemur/legendsig.png

www.hellboundhackers.org/sig/r/7039.png
what_a_l3g3nd@hotmail.com www.wayneshears.com
Author

Uber0n

Hacker Level 3
Posted on 15-01-08 16:14
What_A_Legend wrote:
I got an idea....Don't break the law and then there be no need to erase files or to microwave your HDD. Problem solved/

The best way there is to avoid trouble ^^

img230.imageshack.us/img230/724/uber0nsig3hj6.gif
http://uber0n.web. . .
Nope http://uber0n.webs.com/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 15-01-08 21:50
What_A_Legend wrote:

I never said I had the best sense of judgment Frown

It's weird, I can hear the mic turning on on my phone sometimes, off and on. It's actually kind of loud Shock:right:

Edited by on 15-01-08 21:51
Author

What_A_Legend

Active User
Posted on 16-01-08 00:01
Start thinking more then lol....Good luck, watch out for feds.......LOL

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 16-01-08 02:21

It's not illegal until you get caught, there for it's not breaking the law until yo u get caught.

:ninja:

Author

Futility

God
Posted on 16-01-08 02:51
alka wrote:
It's not illegal until you get caught, there for it's not breaking the law until yo u get caught.

That's the attitude that gets you caught, paying a hefty fine, and ending up in jail giving hackers the negative connotation that they have now. Thanks a lot.

i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/zanimabean/Zim.png
Futility91@hotmail.com Futility91
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 16-01-08 02:57
Futility wrote:
That's the attitude that gets you caught, paying a hefty fine, and ending up in jail giving hackers the negative connotation that they have now. Thanks a lot.

Get mad about it, then.

Hackers have a "negative connotation" because of the media and the fear mongering articles that people with YOUR attitude publish. Thanks a lot.
Author

Futility

God
Posted on 16-01-08 03:09
lesserlightsofheaven wrote:
Hackers have a "negative connotation" because of the media and the fear mongering articles that people with YOUR attitude publish. Thanks a lot.

Touché

I'm not usually one to flame, but I decided to try it out for once. I gotta say, it wasn't very satisfying. Oh, and I'm not gonna get mad about it- I know the only thing it'll accomplish is loss of respect.

i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/zanimabean/Zim.png
Futility91@hotmail.com Futility91
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 16-01-08 03:11
Good man.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 16-01-08 03:39
How exactly did you chat about it via your webbrowser? Was it a webbased irc client?

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 16-01-08 05:54
It's weird, I can hear the mic turning on on my phone sometimes, off and on. It's actually kind of loud Shock:right:

Phone taps by the FBI are undetectable. There is a way to short out the connection by creating a surge though. But I've been wondering, does going to anarchy sites or hacking sites attract attention? For some reason there are a lot of articles about the feds on totse and bombshock.com

but yeah, it's best not to talk. How many people around you really need to know you're a hacker? Maybe if you live with them...

Again, good luck. be careful.

Author

What_A_Legend

Active User
Posted on 16-01-08 12:56
Like I said stay on the right side of the law and you have nothing to fear...If your going to break the law just face the consequence's, and hope you don't get to screwed.

Author

spyware

God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 16-01-08 15:11
-cL wrote:
Believe me, you do not want to be caught doing any computer crimes.

Do you say this out of personal experience? I'd be very interested in the "getting caught" process.

img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
�Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.�
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

What_A_Legend

Active User
Posted on 16-01-08 19:10
Well please explain, what happened then and tell other members if its worth breaking the law or not..

And to who ever said your not breaking the law untill you get caught, that couldn't be more wrong you are still doing somthing you know you shouldn't be doing in regards to the Criminal Justice Bill and are still breaking the law, as if you wasn't breaking the law you wouldn be looked for..to get caught.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >