Follow us on Twitter!
Society leans ever heavily on computers, if you have the power to take out computers you can take out society. - cubeman372
Friday, April 18, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 20
Guests Online: 20
Members Online: 0

Registered Members: 82822
Newest Member: TheBunter
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Programming

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Author

RE: Collaboration

Demons Halo

Apprentice
Posted on 27-02-11 04:24
Vector-fusion wrote:
The 1st result in google is the best i have seen and used. It offers the most features and is very well documented.

You said "surpirsed that there is no useful framework" and the 1st result is very very useful, Try using google more .

* facepalm *
base_dropper@hotmail.com www.demonshalo.com
Author

-god-

Your avatar

Posted on 27-02-11 08:36
hmm, why don't you try to compile all the HBH missions into a game? make a script to simulate a browser so that it can be completely independent of the actual site?
Author

ADIGA

Mad User
Posted on 27-02-11 10:13
-god- wrote:
hmm, why don't you try to compile all the HBH missions into a game? make a script to simulate a browser so that it can be completely independent of the actual site?

this could be done yet its not what is needed, why?
simply because you want people to come to the site for 2 main reasons,
1- more hits on the site better rank and that drives more users and so on.
2- adverts pay for this site (even if that was partially), if people did not visit much less income to the website and therefore difficulties in keeping it running.

www.hackthis.co.uk/users/images/210/1:1/50/56ba5115dde42ff71f426149a02fc0b8.jpg
adiga_php@hotmail.com adiga.hacker@yahoo.com www.adiga.ws
Author

-god-

Your avatar

Posted on 27-02-11 11:17
ADIGA wrote:
-god- wrote:

this could be done yet its not what is needed, why?
simply because you want people to come to the site for 2 main reasons,
1- more hits on the site better rank and that drives more users and so on.
2- adverts pay for this site (even if that was partially), if people did not visit much less income to the website and therefore difficulties in keeping it running.

perhaps then, a variation of the challenges? or a sample for advertisements sake? send it out with some basic articles on say the first two of each category and send it out in an attempt to draw in more people? it's in the sites interest that way?
Author

ADIGA

Mad User
Posted on 27-02-11 12:04
-god- wrote:
perhaps then, a variation of the challenges? or a sample for advertisements sake? send it out with some basic articles on say the first two of each category and send it out in an attempt to draw in more people? it's in the sites interest that way?

Could be, but any thing you offer outside of the website will get you to lose visitors, even if that a small amount of them, and on the other hand, a group of people on a "Hacking" related place issuing a PC Application ..... that would seem like a scam to get people to download ca virus or something like that, i would say we should stick to something that is server side and has a large base of users and people who really know the language we use, so that it can be reviewed by others whom in turn will provide credibility to it.

Author

Demons Halo

Apprentice
Posted on 27-02-11 23:51
except for the challenges thingy, is there no other suggestions? O.o
come on...
Author

ADIGA

Mad User
Posted on 28-02-11 00:25
this my sound stupid, but ...
how about something that teaches you a programming/scripting language based on a language you already know, as an example...
those who know PHP and want to learn ASP could use something like function or help chooser where he selects the function or statment he already knows to learn how it can be used or what is the equalivent of it in another language, sort of a translator for programming languages aimed for those who can program and want to learn something new.

for me i always want to learn new things but all the garbage talk makes me wanna quit before even starting Pfft

Author

spyware

God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 28-02-11 00:29
ADIGA wrote:
for me i always want to learn new things but all the garbage talk makes me wanna quit before even starting Pfft

What in the world is garbage talk?

img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
“Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?” - Ebert
[/s
http://bitsofspy.net
Author

Arabian
Banned

Apprentice
Posted on 28-02-11 00:35
spyware wrote:

What in the world is garbage talk?

Moonspeak for "trash talk" i believe.

G'bye y'all! I was an asshole, So korg banned me.
Author

-god-

Your avatar

Posted on 28-02-11 02:54
well first of all, anybody who's interested, why don't we just post random scripts we've made in this thread, with a basic overview of what you're trying to achieve with it so that the rest of us can see where the others stand, then hopefully some random inspiration will come out of the wood works.

sound like a decent start? 'cause right now we have no idea who's at what level so we can't really make a challenge not knowing whether we'll be able to make it as a group Wink
Author

Demons Halo

Apprentice
Posted on 02-03-11 21:01
sooo are we letting this thread die or what?
Author

stealth-

Mad User
Posted on 03-03-11 04:30
This is what happens to most "code collaboration" groups. They have absolutely no idea where to start. I'm sure there are lots of people that would enjoy helping out, myself included, but without anyone having any idea of a direction of where to go in the first place, it won't even get started.

The irony of man's condition is that the deepest need is to be free of the anxiety of death and annihilation; but it is life itself which awakens it, and so we must shrink from being fully alive.
http://www.stealt. . .
http://www.stealth-x.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 03-03-11 05:27
Come one, Demons Halo, get some nuts up and grab a hold of this. I may not like you, but if you genuinely want to do this then it'd be a shame to watch it just die.
I think any game is a terrible idea, as is just doing some general forum crap, but didn't you have a good idea on the first page that even spyware agreed with? Just pick something and do it. Finer details can be ironed out once you have an interested group.
Also, whether to decide a coding style is easy: do so.

Author

Demons Halo

Apprentice
Posted on 03-03-11 08:32
stealth- wrote:
This is what happens to most "code collaboration" groups. They have absolutely no idea where to start. I'm sure there are lots of people that would enjoy helping out, myself included, but without anyone having any idea of a direction of where to go in the first place, it won't even get started.

I just wanted to know what you guys want to work on... :/ do you have any ideas? The best one I have is an HTML5 framework, would that be of any interest to you?

COM wrote:
Come one, Demons Halo, get some nuts up and grab a hold of this. I may not like you, but if you genuinely want to do this then it'd be a shame to watch it just die.
I think any game is a terrible idea, as is just doing some general forum crap, but didn't you have a good idea on the first page that even spyware agreed with? Just pick something and do it. Finer details can be ironed out once you have an interested group.
Also, whether to decide a coding style is easy: do so.

U sure know how to motivate ppl you dont like...

anyway, how many of you would be interested in the HTML5 framework concept?

Edited by Demons Halo on 03-03-11 08:33
Author

ADIGA

Mad User
Posted on 03-03-11 08:51
im interested in that, but the thing is that i have no clue how that is made Pfft.

in case its what to work for ill need to know what to do exactly Pfft X 100

Author

cyber-guard

Posted on 03-03-11 23:52
I haven't got time to organize this by any chance, but I do have an idea. Daemon Halo proposed a HTML5 framework, and I quite liked that, although that on its own is incredibly vague. Let me run this past you. I am sure you are familiar with xss and ajax worms, well this would be basically be a little twist on kind of web worm, nonetheless taking advantage of all the fancy stuff HTML5 introduces. The idea is that you find a persistent XSS on a site, and you want to get a little more info then cookies etc. So what you can do after the user visits the page with xss is infect all the links with the worm, use ajax to load every link the user clicks so he doesn't actually leave your control. All that was possible before HTML5; what wasn't possible was to log all and every keystroke (and other action) that the user took in relatively hassle free way. New fancy events in HTML5 allow us to do this. Of course we still want to keep everything stealth, so you would need to log the data on invisible input area (where you sent the user with autofocus), and then project it on the actual frontend of the website, so the user doesn't get suspicious. Effectively we'd be developing a browser-based keylogger. There is a lot of things to account for, and could be quite a challenge; I'm ready for any feedback...

Check our new md5 cracker:http://www.cyber-. . .d5-cracker
http://www.cyber-. . .
http://twitter.co. . .
[mail]contact@cyber-guard.co.uk[/mail]

Edited by cyber-guard on 03-03-11 23:57
http://www.cyber-guard.co.uk/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 05-03-11 17:13
j4m32 wrote:
That's where it becomes messy, with lots more developers, the language specifics do not really matter at this point there are two other things to think about:

i) Clash of coding style can become an issue, messy code tends to be cumbersome to sort out.
So something has to be set down as a common style to maintain and someone must check the consistency of the source. [Maybe peer reviewed / more experienced developers in the group]

ii) What kind of source control/backup do you have in mind?

Last thing you want are random major changes, for exmaple: that leave compromising security holes and no means of rolling back. So the best thing would be an SVN (or similar) repository and any developers must be familiar with how to operate it, registered, and be responsible for their section(s) of code and commit/checkout to and from the repository .

Otherwise, a good idea. Smile

Jim,

You obviously let the most experienced programmers design an architecture, so there won't be a clash of coding styles.

However, I don't think there alot people wanting to design architectures all the time on HBH, it's kind of timeconsuming. I recently designed a 5tier architecture for my MVC framework (Yes, a mixed one. MVC does not state that adding more tiers/layers makes it invalid).
Before i'm going off- topic, it took some serious time designing that architecture the framework's purpose is to automate every web application. (Presentation, Data, Logic) so I can basically ´´create´´ any web application by just using a control panel (GUI).

To the point though, if there any interesting projects don't hesitate to contact me. I'm up for most things.
Author

Tucak

Your avatar

Posted on 05-03-11 20:47
cyber-guard wrote:
I haven't got time to organize this by any chance, but I do have an idea. Daemon Halo proposed a HTML5 framework, and I quite liked that, although that on its own is incredibly vague. Let me run this past you. I am sure you are familiar with xss and ajax worms, well this would be basically be a little twist on kind of web worm, nonetheless taking advantage of all the fancy stuff HTML5 introduces. The idea is that you find a persistent XSS on a site, and you want to get a little more info then cookies etc. So what you can do after the user visits the page with xss is infect all the links with the worm, use ajax to load every link the user clicks so he doesn't actually leave your control. All that was possible before HTML5; what wasn't possible was to log all and every keystroke (and other action) that the user took in relatively hassle free way. New fancy events in HTML5 allow us to do this. Of course we still want to keep everything stealth, so you would need to log the data on invisible input area (where you sent the user with autofocus), and then project it on the actual frontend of the website, so the user doesn't get suspicious. Effectively we'd be developing a browser-based keylogger. There is a lot of things to account for, and could be quite a challenge; I'm ready for any feedback...
I would go with this.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2