Follow us on Twitter!
Society leans ever heavily on computers, if you have the power to take out computers you can take out society. - cubeman372
Friday, April 25, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 24
Guests Online: 22
Members Online: 2

Registered Members: 82909
Newest Member: awais
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | General | Introductions

Author

c4p_sl0ck


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 20-01-09 11:25
Hey guys.

I've been around here more or less since September 2006. There has been times when it was a lot less. Anyway, thought I might as well write an introduction.

I'm 20 years old, live in Sweden and study Computer Science at a university. That's me in short. Pfft

I have been programming since I was about 15 years old. I started with Visual Basic and still know it pretty well, although I don't use that much now. Then I went on to PHP and MySQL and have been running a site for a year now (not that much traffic but it's fun to have and play around with).
A couple of months ago I started with Lisp at school. Some of my class mates really hate it, but I find it quite peaceful. xD
And recently I started with Ada and C++, I have been playing with C++ before but only basic stuff.

So, that's me. If you want to know something else, just ask.
/c4p_sl0ck


Author

RE: c4p_sl0ck


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 20-01-09 12:13
Welcome to hbh. Have fun. Good luck with C++. Shouldn't be too hard to learn (as I'm sure you figured out with other languages since it's just a change in syntax).
Author

RE: c4p_sl0ck


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 20-01-09 12:25
Hey, I'm new here but if you need help with C++ I can probably help you. I don't know everything, but I know enough to help you with anything that you'll be trying while you're learning C++. Smile
Author

RE: c4p_sl0ck


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 20-01-09 12:41
Ada and Lisp? Let me guess... You drink Earl Grey tea and watch 60's re-runs on TV, too, don't ya? Pfft Wait... that's me.

Good to see you around again, and I hope this is a sign that you'll hang around more often. It's good to see you moving away from Visual Basic. Wink


Author

RE: c4p_sl0ck


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 20-01-09 15:58
Thanks guys!

Zephyr_Pure wrote:
Ada and Lisp? Let me guess... You drink Earl Grey tea and watch 60's re-runs on TV, too, don't ya? Pfft Wait... that's me.

Good to see you around again, and I hope this is a sign that you'll hang around more often. It's good to see you moving away from Visual Basic. Wink


Yeah, well. Gotta learn more languages. Wink Gotta learn 'em all! (some weird pokémon reference, don't even know why I wrote that Frown)


Author

RE: c4p_sl0ck

hellboundhackersok
Member



Posts: 353
Location:
Joined: 20.09.07
Rank:
Moderate
Warn Level: 95
Posted on 20-01-09 22:07
c4p_sl0ck wrote:
Gotta learn 'em all! (some weird pokémon reference, don't even know why I wrote that Frown)


I lol'd.

Learning C++ is a good step from VB

- I went straight from VB to C++ and I can really tell how much more power I have. :evil:


i.imgur.com/qBWHo0R.png
Author

RE: c4p_sl0ck

yours31f
Member



Posts: 1678
Location: Dallas Texas
Joined: 27.04.07
Rank:
Elite
Posted on 22-01-09 12:50
Since you guys are learning C++ may I say cthecode.com/forum we are always here to help. (Yes promotion)


Debugging is what programmers do to beta software to make it take up more room on your hard drive if it is running too efficiently.


img259.imageshack.us/img259/3713/sigr.png

yours31f@live.com yours31f@yahoo.com rpwd.info
Author

RE: c4p_sl0ck

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location:
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 22-01-09 16:37
yours31f wrote:
Since you guys are learning C++ may I say cthecode.com/forum we are always here to help. (Yes promotion)


Let me quote two things from that website.

Latest posts:
[C Source] Re: [P4StdLib][C] Version 1.5 by p4ll4t0n January 17, 2009, 10:32:26 pm
[C Source] Simple Http Downloader by p4ll4t0n January 15, 2009, 09:23:16 pm
[C++ source code] Re: Random Password Generator by p4ll4t0n January 14, 2009, 01:56:38 pm
[C++ source code] Re: Random Password Generator by ShapeShifters January 14, 2009, 12:17:08 pm
[C++ source code] Random Password Generator by iBlaze January 12, 2009, 11:56:51 am


News Box:
We are beginning to get activity, Keep it up everyone!





img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
�Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.�
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

RE: c4p_sl0ck

ynori7
Member



Posts: 1486
Location: #valhalla
Joined: 08.10.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 22-01-09 17:20
Zephyr_Pure wrote:
Let me guess... You drink Earl Grey tea and watch 60's re-runs on TV, too, don't ya? Pfft Wait... that's me.

Hey, that's me too. Grin

If you like lisp, you might be interested in reading my scheme articles since scheme is a lisp derivative. And if you want help with C++, shoot me a pm.

It's good to see the introductions section actually turning out decent threads. Yay for successful improvements!


halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

RE: c4p_sl0ck

clone4
Member



Posts: 586
Location: He is back and he's bad!
Joined: 25.11.07
Rank:
Mad User
Posted on 22-01-09 17:50
spyware wrote:
yours31f wrote:
Since you guys are learning C++ may I say cthecode.com/forum we are always here to help. (Yes promotion)


Let me quote two things from that website.

Latest posts:
[C Source] Re: [P4StdLib][C] Version 1.5 by p4ll4t0n January 17, 2009, 10:32:26 pm
[C Source] Simple Http Downloader by p4ll4t0n January 15, 2009, 09:23:16 pm
[C++ source code] Re: Random Password Generator by p4ll4t0n January 14, 2009, 01:56:38 pm
[C++ source code] Re: Random Password Generator by ShapeShifters January 14, 2009, 12:17:08 pm
[C++ source code] Random Password Generator by iBlaze January 12, 2009, 11:56:51 am


News Box:
We are beginning to get activity, Keep it up everyone!



Maybe little too harsh, cut the guy some slack, he's just trying get his forum going


[img][/img]img164.imageshack.us/img164/5713/perlvl0.jpg

clone4.freehostia.com/ubuntu_3.png
spyware - "They see me trollin'..."
<yaragn> ever seen that movie? The Matrix?
<yaragn> with those green lines of flying text?
<yaragn> *THAT'S* Perl

clone_4@hotmail.com
Author

RE: c4p_sl0ck

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location:
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 22-01-09 17:56
clone4 wrote:
Maybe little too harsh, cut the guy some slack, he's just trying get his forum going


And I am not here to prevent that from happening. I merely tried to state that the amount of inactivity on that particular forum might cause trouble for a C++ newbie. OP would probably be better off using well-worn roads and relied-on texts, rather than joining a(n) (still) inactive community with questionable experience and content.




img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
�Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.�
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

RE: c4p_sl0ck

clone4
Member



Posts: 586
Location: He is back and he's bad!
Joined: 25.11.07
Rank:
Mad User
Posted on 22-01-09 18:17
spyware wrote:
clone4 wrote:
Maybe little too harsh, cut the guy some slack, he's just trying get his forum going


And I am not here to prevent that from happening. I merely tried to state that the amount of inactivity on that particular forum might cause trouble for a C++ newbie. OP would probably be better off using well-worn roads and relied-on texts, rather than joining a(n) (still) inactive community with questionable experience and content.


Ok, that's a valid point, but if everyone does the same, new sites never have chance to succeed or gain experienced community.
All I'm saying is there is nothing wrong with little promotion, and the way you posted seemed a little...aggressive against yourse31f, since you haven't said this in the initial post


[img][/img]img164.imageshack.us/img164/5713/perlvl0.jpg

clone4.freehostia.com/ubuntu_3.png
spyware - "They see me trollin'..."
<yaragn> ever seen that movie? The Matrix?
<yaragn> with those green lines of flying text?
<yaragn> *THAT'S* Perl



Edited by clone4 on 22-01-09 20:57
clone_4@hotmail.com
Author

RE: c4p_sl0ck


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 22-01-09 20:51
Zephyr_Pure wrote:
Let me guess... You drink Earl Grey tea and watch 60's re-runs on TV, too, don't ya? Pfft Wait... that's me.

ynori7 wrote:
Hey, that's me too. Grin

If you like lisp, you might be interested in reading my scheme articles since scheme is a lisp derivative. And if you want help with C++, shoot me a pm.

It's good to see the introductions section actually turning out decent threads. Yay for successful improvements!

Well... I think that, if I ever went back to coding in a dated language, it would be Turbo Pascal. Just love it; it's got the best of all worlds when it comes to syntax. Wink

I agree: The introduction threads have been great. Also (and completely unexpectedly), the introduction section has attracted more activity from established members than it has new ones. Maybe it will turn out to have the pleasant side-effect of doing what the hacker interviews were supposed to do.

The People vs. CTheCode.com
stuff

I agree that there is no harm in promoting a site. I disagree with promoting a site that has "Coming Soon" covering almost the entirety of the main page content. At least get some basic content on the site before you shoot out a link. Those areas aren't very hard at all to get coded, anyways.




Edited by on 22-01-09 20:52