Newest Member: Geriztul
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Challenges | Basic

Author

RE: basic 8

mickimaus

Posted on 18-03-08 13:06
If the query is supposed to check the pass, and we inject it via the form or otherwise... wouldn't it be wrong to return all the date from the table? Should I include a where statement to limit my results?

... beeing a little bit lost...
Author

RE: Another basic 8

Your avatar

Posted on 18-03-08 20:12
you might want to find a better translator, learn english, or get a spell checker, that's pretty garbled man.

Anyways, I'm not sure I get what you're asking on this one but what table do you need to dump? Think about that.

Author

The-Scarecrow

Posted on 04-05-08 15:34
Hagzor wrote:
I've done this one before, and one at at hts, so I must at least have the standard knowledge to pass. I've re-read many different articles and went to w3schools and I know about the 'SELECT', 'FROM', 'WHERE' and '*'

And I'm, pretty sure that the query goes in the url, but not how it does.
I mean, is it in the blank url?(that's what it did in the HTS one) Or just behind what's already there, or do you add ?sql_query=" " after the .php?

That, I have no idea.

Edit: Bleh

This is basically the stage I'm at but i do know the URL that seems to be the key. I've been looking through Google for like days now and yeh, I can only find the same pages. I've look at that much i don't know what I'm looking for anymore. So any pages that people have found usefull to them regarding this challenge would be most appreciated. or just a pm with a push in the right direction.

Wink

img518.imageshack.us/img518/1368/userbar619616sw2.gif
Ask me for it ill give it.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-05-08 14:53
I just came to the first basic 8 i could find. I think i have what needs to be injected i'm just unsure where it needs to be injected. in the password field? in the url at basic8/index.php or at the url at basic8/secure-area.php.

Also if i could PM somone with what i have so i know it's correct that would be great. Thanks for your help in advanced

EDIT: by the way i've done this before but my points all got erased for some reason

EDIT2: OK i figured it out. The inject goes in the basic 8/secure-area.php. The way it worked for me is to forget anything about GET, i didn't work for me. instead focus on the VARIABLE and what to put into it.

Edited by on 09-05-08 15:19
Author

RE: Just to be fair.

Your avatar

Posted on 11-05-08 05:59
I think that instead or looking for a certain string combination to be enterered (I imagine the form actually uses a regular expression to validate the correct sql injection code has been entered) the site should actually set up a dummy database.

Here's why... I have entered several combinations of sql code that in real life would have authenticated me but do not here. NeWays, I will continue entering different variations until I get what it is that you are looking for.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 20-05-08 11:04
B) I done it in just 10 minutes...
After reading this Thread, and checking w3schools

Just do it, try it there, and then here ... (Method post, but not in ur form... how can we send data ?... Thx HBHBot...) do another google search after hbhbot and i now now what he means.Grin