Follow us on Twitter!
I'd prefer to die standing, than to live on my knees - Che Guevara
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 28
Guests Online: 25
Members Online: 3

Registered Members: 82897
Newest Member: salim
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Webmasters Lounge

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Author

WTF Internet Explorer OMG

The-Scarecrow
Member



Posts: 167
Location: Australia
Joined: 18.05.07
Rank:
Newbie
Posted on 19-04-09 07:30
kk on my site i have a simple button. works fine with firefox however with IE nothing happens when its pressed.

<p><a href="/phpbb2/index.php">
<button type="button">Forums!</button></a><br><font size="2" face="Verdana"> That's Right Forums!</p>

is it just that IE is really gay?



img518.imageshack.us/img518/1368/userbar619616sw2.gif
Ask me for it ill give it.
Author

RE: WTF Internet Explorer OMG


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 19-04-09 08:40
Try this:

Code

<form name="myForm">
   <input type="button" value="FORMS" onclick="window.location.replace("fullUrl2/phpbb2/index.php") />
</form>






Try http://www.w3schools.com to learn XHTML and JavaScript




Edited by on 19-04-09 08:43
Author

RE: WTF Internet Explorer OMG


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 19-04-09 13:45
Why don't you try:


Code

<form action="/phpbb2/index.php" method="post">
<input type="submit" value="Forum">
</form>

<p><font size="2" face="Verdana"> That's Right Forums!</p>



Author

RE: WTF Internet Explorer OMG

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location:
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 19-04-09 14:46
ShadyTyrant wrote:
Try this:


Interesting solution, but always assume Javascript is turned off.



img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

RE: WTF Internet Explorer OMG


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 19-04-09 16:55
spyware wrote:
ShadyTyrant wrote:
Try this:


Interesting solution, but always assume Javascript is turned off.


Why?

http://www.w3scho. . ._stats.asp
"January 2008
95% - On
5% - Off"

Now I'm not saying this is true at all, Statistics lie but a major part of the people surfing the internet has Javascript on, and the ones who don't either block it on purpose(Which makes it their own problem) or is using a years old browser..

Should we stop improve the internet, cause there's a few procent that refuse to update? - I say no.

Edited by on 19-04-09 17:03
Author

RE: WTF Internet Explorer OMG

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location:
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 19-04-09 17:10
Sir Hackalot wrote:
Why?


Because Javascript isn't required for the solution of OP's problem.



img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

RE: WTF Internet Explorer OMG


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 19-04-09 17:14
spyware wrote:
Sir Hackalot wrote:
Why?


Because Javascript isn't required for the solution of OP's problem.


Ofc it's not but you said "always assume Javascblockedript is turned off."

You shouldn't always assume it.
Author

RE: WTF Internet Explorer OMG


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 19-04-09 18:01
Well, I use NoScript as some sites try to do evil things (or if someone's trying to play a prank on you). :evil: And it also removes a lot of annoying ads. But if a site requires JavaScript, it's very good if it clearly notifies the me in a nice way.


Author

RE: WTF Internet Explorer OMG


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 19-04-09 18:51
Sir Hackalot wrote:
spyware wrote:
Sir Hackalot wrote:
Why?


Because Javascript isn't required for the solution of OP's problem.


Ofc it's not but you said "always assume Javascblockedript is turned off."

You shouldn't always assume it.


A web developer always try to make flexible websites... You're right, there is a minority of people who cannot see javascript, but why shouldn't we include them...

and also, why would you complicate something that can be much easier to do in reality... Follow the principle of KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid!) Wink
Author

RE: WTF Internet Explorer OMG


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 19-04-09 19:09
133ch11f3 wrote:
Sir Hackalot wrote:
spyware wrote:
Sir Hackalot wrote:
Why?


Because Javascript isn't required for the solution of OP's problem.


Ofc it's not but you said "always assume Javascblockedript is turned off."

You shouldn't always assume it.


A web developer always try to make flexible websites... You're right, there is a minority of people who cannot see javascript, but why shouldn't we include them...

and also, why would you complicate something that can be much easier to do in reality... Follow the principle of KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid!) Wink


I wouldn't, In this case JS shouldn't be used, but you shouldn't ALWAYS assume it's off.
Author

RE: WTF Internet Explorer OMG


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 19-04-09 19:19
Sir Hackalot wrote:

I wouldn't, In this case JS shouldn't be used, but you shouldn't ALWAYS assume it's off.


When you build a website you have to consider how flexible it is and how can you include every single person into your website... If a group f ppl cannot access it, they won't access is in the future and won't reccommend it to their friends.

You said 5% before...
let's talk about 100,000 people...
if those 5% reccommend the site to 2 of their friends you'll have: 10,000 new members i the first generation of users.... are you sure those 5% are very few???
Author

RE: WTF Internet Explorer OMG


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 19-04-09 19:30
133ch11f3 wrote:
Sir Hackalot wrote:

I wouldn't, In this case JS shouldn't be used, but you shouldn't ALWAYS assume it's off.


When you build a website you have to consider how flexible it is and how can you include every single person into your website... If a group f ppl cannot access it, they won't access is in the future and won't reccommend it to their friends.

You said 5% before...
let's talk about 100,000 people...
if those 5% reccommend the site to 2 of their friends you'll have: 10,000 new members i the first generation of users.... are you sure those 5% are very few???


Yeah, They are very few no matter how you put it up.. 5% is not alot..

We can't stop improve our webdesigns and functionality just cause there's 5% slacking being.
Author

RE: WTF Internet Explorer OMG


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 19-04-09 19:50
Sir Hackalot wrote:


Yeah, They are very few no matter how you put it up.. 5% is not alot..

We can't stop improve our webdesigns and functionality just cause there's 5% slacking being.


Functionality!???? You kiddin me?
how does javascript improve your functionality in this case??? answer: it doesn't

yes, it might improve your functionality in other cases, but well... not in this one, i'm sorry
Author

RE: WTF Internet Explorer OMG


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 19-04-09 20:32
133ch11f3 wrote:
Sir Hackalot wrote:


Yeah, They are very few no matter how you put it up.. 5% is not alot..

We can't stop improve our webdesigns and functionality just cause there's 5% slacking being.


Functionality!???? You kiddin me?
how does javascript improve your functionality in this case??? answer: it doesn't

yes, it might improve your functionality in other cases, but well... not in this one, i'm sorry


Dude, Shut up..

I said this 100 times in this thread, go read it again..

JS DOESN'T FUCKING IMPROVE ANYTHING IN THIS FUCKING CASE PERFUCKINGIOD.

BUT YOU SHOULDN'T ALWAYS ASSUME JAVASCRIPT IS FUCKING OFF IN FUCKING GENERAL.

There, You clearly didn't get it when I said it nicely..
Author

RE: WTF Internet Explorer OMG


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 19-04-09 20:58
Sir Hackalot wrote:

Dude, Shut up..

I said this 100 times in this thread, go read it again..

JS DOESN'T FUCKING IMPROVE ANYTHING IN THIS FUCKING CASE PERFUCKINGIOD.

BUT YOU SHOULDN'T ALWAYS ASSUME JAVASCRIPT IS FUCKING OFF IN FUCKING GENERAL.

There, You clearly didn't get it when I said it nicely..


Fritzo Edit: My point was that no one should assume Javascript is turned off in general. In this case as I actually DID post once already "I wouldn't, In this case JS shouldn't be used, but you shouldn't ALWAYS assume it's off." which you claim I have not, and therefore you must be fucking brain-damaged.

Besides that, I have this really bad feeling that you called me a n00b because of my points, Points mean nothing, Knowledge means everything.

You have none of those so again i'll tell you to Shut the fuck up.

I own you in both experience and knowledge, I'm not saying that to be cocky, but based on what you have written, I am right.

There, I said it nicely, again.

Edited by on 20-04-09 13:40
Author

RE: WTF Internet Explorer OMG


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 19-04-09 21:06
Both of you, shut the hell up!
We've all come to a sensible conclusion that one should try one's best to solve something without javascript if possible. It's logical, understandable and the point has been made. Sometimes you need it, sometimes you don't, that's it. If you want to continue senseless arguing and ignoring everything the other says besides the insults then take it to PMs.
Furthermore, saying one can't bare being told to shut up doesn' excuse one acting like an idiot.


Author

RE: WTF Internet Explorer OMG


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 19-04-09 21:15
Fritzo Edit: Sigh, You're allowed to flame when you know what the fuck you're talking about and when people respect you enough not to interfere..

Edited by on 20-04-09 13:42
Author

RE: WTF Internet Explorer OMG


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 19-04-09 23:39
spyware wrote:
Interesting solution, but always assume Javascript is turned off.


Killordie wrote:
Why don't you try:
Code

<form action="/phpbb2/index.php" method="post">
<input type="submit" value="Forum">
</form>

<p><font size="2" face="Verdana"> That's Right Forums!</p>





Yes this solution is more efficient and flexible. I was tired last night and JS was just what I came up with.


Author

RE: WTF Internet Explorer OMG

The-Scarecrow
Member



Posts: 167
Location: Australia
Joined: 18.05.07
Rank:
Newbie
Posted on 20-04-09 12:28
sooo....

bitching aside, why doesn't my button work? (thanks for the alternatives by the way... )


img518.imageshack.us/img518/1368/userbar619616sw2.gif
Ask me for it ill give it.
Author

RE: WTF Internet Explorer OMG

AldarHawk
Member



Posts: 1690
Location: Canada
Joined: 26.01.06
Rank:
Hacker Level 1
Posted on 20-04-09 12:47
http://www.w3scho. . .button.asp

read and learn...step 1 to knowledge...


Just ask Yahoo!Taboo! http://www.erikwestlake.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >