Follow us on Twitter!
Society leans ever heavily on computers, if you have the power to take out computers you can take out society. - cubeman372
Friday, April 18, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 18
Guests Online: 18
Members Online: 0

Registered Members: 82822
Newest Member: TheBunter
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | OS specific

Author

Windows Registry Changes

SET

Your avatar

Moderate
Posted on 13-11-07 19:26
When a user has lesser permissions they can not edit the regisrty. But windows still can edit the registry. Here is a exsample: You can not edit the registry to change your screensaver when u have lower permissions YET if u go to properties and change the screensaverthere windows changes the registry. What i am asking is there away to expliot that? is there away that registry changes can be made if we could somehow make the computer belive we were windows. And last question what process allows windows to keep replaceing certian files in System 32 dir such as screensaver files or Utiliman.exe or CMD.exe? is there away to turn it off?

arcset.com/imgs/Comp 1_4.gif
ARCSET.com
Author

RE: Windows Registry Changes

ynori7

God
Posted on 13-11-07 19:36
SET wrote:
When a user has lesser permissions they can not edit the regisrty. But windows still can edit the registry. Here is a exsample: You can not edit the registry to change your screensaver when u have lower permissions YET if u go to properties and change the screensaverthere windows changes the registry. What i am asking is there away to expliot that? is there away that registry changes can be made if we could somehow make the computer belive we were windows.

in my experience, if you dont have permission to change the registry, you generally dont have permission to access things in windows that changes registry data, but sometimes command prompt can be used to do what you are talking about.

SET wrote:
And last question what process allows windows to keep replaceing certian files in System 32 dir such as screensaver files or Utiliman.exe or CMD.exe? is there away to turn it off?

i'm not sure what you mean here. when does windows need to replace screensaver files in system 32?

halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

SET

Your avatar

Moderate
Posted on 13-11-07 19:41
When u replace lets say utilman.exe in system32 with another file windows remakes utilman.exe and erases the one file u replaced it with. So what process is doing that?

arcset.com/imgs/Comp 1_4.gif
ARCSET.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 16-11-07 18:58
Good question, I'd kind of like to know that myself... *googles*