Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Author

RE: Why...

Your avatar

Posted on 10-05-07 18:31
Why do people keep saying "I know PHP" when they blatantly don't?

Author

richohealey

Monster
Posted on 10-05-07 18:38
spyware: I know it's not aimed at me specifically.. but these posts were more flaming than constructive. Guys keep the useful comments coming!

bitchohealey at hotmail dot com skype:richohealey www.psych0tik.net
Author

spyware

God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 10-05-07 18:39
Why do people think C++ is the best language for anything?

(and a follow up)

Why do people hate VB so much?

img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
“Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?” - Ebert
[/s
http://bitsofspy.net
Author

richohealey

Monster
Posted on 10-05-07 18:45
VB is shit. it's not portable.... it's only real purpose is for doing quick things for yourself.. in which case you don't need a GUI

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-05-07 18:49
spyware wrote:
Why do people think C++ is the best language for anything?

C++ isn't the best language for anything, it's the best language for everything, I mean python and perl are fine for most things but they're high level, C/C++ have access to low level things as well (and you can even use inline assembly) so it can literally be used to program anything on a computer for any purpose and with the right skill it's incredibly fast and efficient

(and a follow up)

Why do people hate VB so much?

Encourages bad coding practise?
Produces slow crappy programs?
Isn't a proper language, it really just links together a load of calls to properly programmed functions

And yeah I know that the above two replies will probably start a flamewar but it's my opinion

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-05-07 18:51
Smileman I just changed your gmail password. Nice
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-05-07 18:54
kaksii wrote:
Smileman I just changed your gmail password. Nice

I can still log in... So it would appear you didn't

EDIT; But that DID scare the shit outta me so it's changed now...

Edited by on 10-05-07 18:56
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-05-07 18:54
really, i think the question of which language is best depends on the person. some are better suited for somethings and some are not. but in the end, it depends on personal preference, how well you can use it, and what you want to use it for. so i think c++ is a good language, yes, but the best....nah. not really.

vb does suck tho. mainly just due to the efficiency and the fact that it just kinda sits there eating resources.... lame

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-05-07 18:57
Happysmileman wrote:

OWNED Grin

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-05-07 18:59
kaksii wrote:
Happysmileman wrote:

OWNED Grin

Erm... Ok... If you consider me generating a new random 20 digit password "OWNED"

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-05-07 19:04
I consider scaring shit out of you and changing your password because of that as 'OWNED'

Author

richohealey

Monster
Posted on 10-05-07 19:06
ok.... so we all took the "STAY ON TOPIC!!!!!" seriously then?

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-05-07 19:10
Right here is my little rant:
I do not mean to offend or discourage people in this post

HellBound Hackers is not site you think it is when you join. It seems like until a member gets in the Top 100 they realise that HBH is not the place to continue learning from.

New members seem to be under the impression HBH will be the only site they will need to visit on the WWW that will make them become a pro hacker.

There are levels. HBH is the best site for beginners and people who want to just get going with hacking and programming.
Now, sites like EG are for the more experienced users and people who want to further the knowledge they gained on HBH.
Once you get the know-how on EG you start to realise the best way of learning is neither, it is whitepapers and blogs - articles and e-books.

Do you know why HBH has people who post inane comments?
Because sites like EG don't allow it.

HBH is a community and if your willing to bite your cheek every now and then at some members then you will be the one who reaps the rewards.

I love it when members such as T-Metal post, who have a far superior knowledge to the majority of members but because they have little points get called a noob by the noobs.

This site has taught me more about the way you should 'live' so to speak, online. Not how to hack.

I also believe that because of this, the forums may need 2 more trust-worthy members to mod the posts etc.

And as for the articles, they are on the to-do list, and have been for the last 4 weeks.
But what would you rather? New challenges and EM systems or less articles?

Or you can do both but just be patient.

Flash.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-05-07 19:18
How about 1 new challenge to 1 day of admins/mods editing up articles if they don't have some bugs to work out. Wink

As for everything else you've said in the above post, completely agree.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-05-07 19:20
The Flash wrote:
Right here is my little rant:
I do not mean to offend or discourage people in this post

HellBound Hackers is not site you think it is when you join. It seems like until a member gets in the Top 100 they realise that HBH is not the place to continue learning from.

New members seem to be under the impression HBH will be the only site they will need to visit on the WWW that will make them become a pro hacker.

There are levels. HBH is the best site for beginners and people who want to just get going with hacking and programming.
Now, sites like EG are for the more experienced users and people who want to further the knowledge they gained on HBH.
Once you get the know-how on EG you start to realise the best way of learning is neither, it is whitepapers and blogs - articles and e-books.

Do you know why HBH has people who post inane comments?
Because sites like EG don't allow it.

HBH is a community and if your willing to bite your cheek every now and then at some members then you will be the one who reaps the rewards.

I love it when members such as T-Metal post, who have a far superior knowledge to the majority of members but because they have little points get called a noob by the noobs.

This site has taught me more about the way you should 'live' so to speak, online. Not how to hack.

I also believe that because of this, the forums may need 2 more trust-worthy members to mod the posts etc.

And as for the articles, they are on the to-do list, and have been for the last 4 weeks.
But what would you rather? New challenges and EM systems or less articles?

Or you can do both but just be patient.

Flash.

WELL SAID

Also, I don't have a problem with noobs. Its people who don't know their place who piss me off.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-05-07 19:20
I have to agree. EG is much harder

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-05-07 19:24
kaksii wrote:
I have to agree. EG is much harder

Harder? I disagree... realistic maybe

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-05-07 19:27
mozzer wrote:

Harder? I disagree... realistic maybe

Well, realistic is harder. In my opinion

Author

Mr_Cheese

Uber Elite
Posted on 10-05-07 19:27
problem is finding the time though. i'd love to just sit down one day and week and spend the entire day just sorting out hbh, coding new things etc etc etc.. but frankly i dont have the time, and hbh doesnt (at the moment) bring in that kind of revenue to justify time off work.

i have a full time job, and usually very busy in the evening with other inportant work to get on with. which is the same i believe for most other admins, either at school / jobs / univercity etc. So usally its around 1 hour a day, and/or a few hours on a weekend. Majority of developing on hbh is also paid, to ensure motivation and quality, which is another issue when it comes to developing .

considering the "hbh todo list" is very long, its gonna take a good long while before these suggestions in teh thread get properly addressed and sorted out. once all the things on the todo list are done, hbh will be amazing, but as said above, have to be patient and wait until the admins/developers work their way through them.

so yeah, most of the suggestions in the thread are being contemplated and/or already in the pipeline, but just have to sit tight until they actually come out on hbh.

http://www.hellboundhackers.org/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-05-07 19:30
Yea. It needs some time. It will be amazing.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >