Follow us on Twitter!
Society leans ever heavily on computers, if you have the power to take out computers you can take out society. - cubeman372
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 26
Guests Online: 26
Members Online: 0

Registered Members: 82835
Newest Member: phanton2043
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > >>
Author

RE: Why...

Your avatar

Posted on 08-05-07 21:42
i dont really think that there are many problems on this website except the occasional noob saying "tell me how to hack anything" or whatever and the occasional unpatched exploit being found by a less-than-friendly hacker

note to admins- maybe all the accounts that have less than 100 points and havnt been active in a while should be deleted.

some real nobs try to get into hacking and the ones who succeed just become even worse.
In my opinion the scum of the internet are carders who are usually the successful nob-hackers and gives a bad name to normal hackers and creates the stereotypical view of hackers which attracts more of these nobs.

Author

jaggedlancer

Moderate
Warn Level: 5
Posted on 08-05-07 21:57
I concur with everything keith has said but i dont agree with spyware saying people are the same on forums and real life as some people can lead two different lives eg. me in school im like HEY! *clap* HEY! *clap* HEY! *clap* but i wouldnt be this sort of hyper person on the forums on a site like now im speaking sensibly arnt i Pfft also that car advert in the UK with this guy pretending everything is fine and laughing and then sees himself with the car there advertising he sees his other side apart from work so you cant judge someone by their cover and i dont want it to harm the children is basicly what im trying to say...O.o Thanks for listening Smile

i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc270/Eyefork/jageye.png

Edited by jaggedlancer on 08-05-07 22:00
73 6d 69 6c 65 79 77 69 7a 61 72 64 40 68 6f 74 6d 61 69 6c 2e 63 6f 2e 75 6b - twitter.com/joshsmile
Author

richohealey

Monster
Posted on 08-05-07 23:08
well, speaking as a "higher" ranked member:

the occasional n00b flamings ( that is undeserved ones ) are often after a long day helping people. I actively encourage people to seek me out for help.

i generally do my best to help anyone that asks me a question, but when someone asks me to hack a mothail for them after 48 hours of nonstop work/hbh sometimes i lose it.

bitchohealey at hotmail dot com skype:richohealey www.psych0tik.net
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 08-05-07 23:35
spyware wrote:

Hm, what Ă­s the point though? What is causing all the "problems" on this website? I believe it's due the fact some people are "noobs" in real life too in some aspects.

This causes behaviour I don't like, most users don't like and the admins don't like.

IMO

that's probably the truest thing ive read on this whole site, i completely agree with you spyware, good forum.
kudos

Edited by on 08-05-07 23:40
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-05-07 00:34
Great thread spyware. The answer to your questions is...... Why Not.

Seriously though, I feel your pain. I really think the answer is lack of self respect.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-05-07 00:38
To an extent I would have to say that how people act on forums leaks from how they act in life. Sure, you could talk a lot in life and never talk on here, and even post short posts on here, but it is the personality behind the post is what I believe spyware ment. (Just an example - Sure you may not be as hyper on here compaired to real life, but maybe you have just learned what is annoying to you maybe is annoying to other people, thus you don't want to annoy anybody off by talking a lot) Now I personally think that something should be done to get rid of some of the newbs/noobs/1337 sk1d3s,. We all have our own versions of answers to the questions spyware originally posted; so we shouldn't be sitting here telling each other what they are because they all somewhat go togeather. I think we should change this topic into ways to fix the problem. Sitting here and complaining that something is wrong isn't really helping anybody... is it?
Who knows... but I'm just going to list some examples here.

Maybe the "Knowledgeable" higher ranked members/admins could put togeather some code that requires users to read some basic stuff that is required of this site. I still think they should be required to do Basic 1 as well. It could also list examples of stupid questions of forum posts, as well as some basic ways to search for stuff using google before asking questions. If they end up posting stupid crap even after warned then they should be banned from the site for a "set" amount of time, or maybe only be allowed to go to the page where they can reread what they were supposed to read when they joined.

Some of these ideas maybe a little far out there, but hopefully it will get other ideas working in the process and we can turn this "why" thread into a more constructive "lets fix the problem" thread.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-05-07 00:54
I'm with Zenrith.

There are some basic steps we can take to better our community.

1. Enforcing UTFSE (Use The Farking Search Engine)

2. Enforcing basic spelling and grammar. (You know what I mean.)

3. N3wbs/K3wls getting instant banning when they post outside the above.

4. Mods willing to enforce the rules to better the community.

I have more ideas but I think these are priority. I am willing to help out where needed.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-05-07 01:18
Yeah, I would definitely agree with HBH having multiple forum mod's, that all they do is mod the forums, because granted there is 3 admins and 1 super admin. They usually are fixing bugs / coding new things, or posting their own replies, or living their lives, but other than The Flash, I rarely see a thread get edited / deleted, and RARELY ever do I see a thread get Stickied, however that could be not a problem of the admins, but of the lack of good threads to be stickied. I am not sure which, but all in all, I say that there should be more forum mods.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-05-07 01:44
Here is an idea....

1. Make sure those that wish to post KNOW the rules by...

2. Creating a "safe zone". A forum area where new folks can post and feel the site out without fear of "virtual death". This will still be subject to moderation as well to weed out the "K3wls".

3. Those that break the rules will be dealt a swift "virtual death".

I feel that by more enforcement of the rules will set this site back to where it belongs.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-05-07 04:35
Articles should go through a spelling moderator after their actual content has been accepted by a real admin/mod. Basically, someone just needs to add some comas periods and separate paragraphs; and do basic stuff like changing "2 bigen dis chollanges yus shud of dwnlud hex editir" into "to begin this challenge, you should download a hex editor"

The grammar mod wouldn't change any of the CONTENT but only the SPELLING and GRAMMAR. I strongly think that implementing this could bring up the value of the articles and make the article pages a friendly zone again (for all of us who are scared of going there because all the years we spent writting eassays and checkspeeling them might get insulted by a 13 year old who is too easy on the smilies and too dumb to know the difference between their, they're and there; or to, two and too)

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-05-07 04:57
I HIGHLY agree with that. I scored pretty high (around 98 percentile) on that area on the PSAT and usually pick things like that out subconsciously when reading. (it annoys the hell out of me Pfft) I could volunteer for a spell/grammar/punctuation checking mod if we decide to do this.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-05-07 05:00
I volunteer too of course. Let's hear some other peoples opinion on this, perhaps we can make it happen.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-05-07 05:41
I don't think I've heard a collection of great ideas like this in a long time. I completely agree that there should be more of a "test" before joining hbh, not anything to difficult, since most of the users that join are new to hacking. And more forum mods are needed, aswell as grammar and spell checks for all article submissions.

Author

spyware

God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 09-05-07 14:56
I seriously want the admins to reply to this thread. It has so many good ideas. These ideas all have one thing in common though, HBH needs more forum administrators and article checkers.

(Please don't post the "I'll take a job" message, we'll just see what happens and who gets to help if these changes become real)

To the all the people who replied to this thread, thanks. You guys added a lot of good thoughts on this site.

img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
“Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?” - Ebert
[/s
http://bitsofspy.net
Author

thk-geo

Warn Level: 25
Posted on 09-05-07 15:55
spyware wrote:
Why?

Why do people ask how to hack hotmail accounts?
Because thats the only thing they want from here
Why do people with 0% knowledge act like they have 1337% knowledge?
Because they think they have 1337% knowledge
Why is google everyone's favorite site, yet no one uses it?
I use google every day lol, though its not my favourite site
Why don't people read old posts on a subject before posting a new thread?
Because they are too lazy to search
Why?
I just told you why ffs!

Why do people think 2000+ points equals skill?
Because most admins have 2000+ points, and admins equal skill
Why do people spam the shoutbox?
Because they are gay and bored
Why are there so many articles that suck so bad I don't dare to navigate in the article section anymore?
I...Dont know...
Why, why oh why if a thread is made about C++, no one replies?
Because C++ suck ass and VB.Net rocks? Grin
Why do people use so many smilies in their 5-word-short sentence?
I don't
Why?

Why do so many people want to start their own hacking sites, using php-fusion?
Because they think its leet though its not
Why are many comments written in a language I don't understand? (cld y00 prved me teh lnk to the pasge plis?)
They think Leetspeak=Leetperson
Why are there so many people without an opinion of their own, and copycat (the respected) other users?
Because they lost their opinion in the great war
Well, why? WHY?!

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-05-07 16:00
1.) Beat basic1 before joining - Absolutely not. The admins have taken the appropriate steps to this hassle. You are only set into the point ranking if you have x amount of points and you are also called "unranked" until you've reached a certain point. This allows everyone the chance to join the site and do things while the people who are hellbent on points & stats & ranks are only being faced up against people who have actually completed a challenge and not some mindless people making users just because their bored. This system should work for nearly everyone right now.

2.) Forum Moderators - Since when has the hbh forum been so actively busy that you can say there's some post that should be deleted everyday? I know you guys are only trying to better HBH, but do you really think they're at this kind of point right now?

3.) Article Moderators - No, before they have spell-checkers, they need to go through EVERY article and delete the bad ones + the 10,000 articles on how to do x mission, unless the article is differently approached than the other ones. There are so many useless & crappy articles in the system now that it needs to be edited.
Although, we could use a moderator who will actually read the article and send it through due to good content, not because there isn't an article on it already.

Author

jaggedlancer

Moderate
Warn Level: 5
Posted on 09-05-07 16:03
thk-geo wrote:
Why do so many people want to start their own hacking sites, using php-fusion?
Because they think its leet though its not

But PHP-fusion is a good starting point for newbies...its easy and has an alright look plus you can mod it anyway you want eg HBH used to be PHP-fusion now its HBH-fusion so in about 3 years time you can have your own made site with jsut a few features actually from fusion :happy:

i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc270/Eyefork/jageye.png
73 6d 69 6c 65 79 77 69 7a 61 72 64 40 68 6f 74 6d 61 69 6c 2e 63 6f 2e 75 6b - twitter.com/joshsmile
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-05-07 16:12
nights_shadow wrote:
3.) Article Moderators - No, before they have spell-checkers, they need to go through EVERY article and delete the bad ones + the 10,000 articles on how to do x mission, unless the article is differently approached than the other ones. There are so many useless & crappy articles in the system now that it needs to be edited.
Although, we could use a moderator who will actually read the article and send it through due to good content, not because there isn't an article on it already.

its true there's a need for that; but that doesn't mean articles don't need a spell mod! this are two completly independent tasks to be done and can be done separatly...

Author

thk-geo

Warn Level: 25
Posted on 09-05-07 16:23
jaggedlancer wrote:
But PHP-fusion is a good starting point for newbies...its easy and has an alright look plus you can mod it anyway you want eg HBH used to be PHP-fusion now its HBH-fusion so in about 3 years time you can have your own made site with jsut a few features actually from fusion :happy:

By setting up a PHP fusion on some free host site, what do you learn?
PHP? No. SQL? No. Nothing? Yes.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-05-07 17:35
Why do people waste their times asking why-questions and other people waste their times by replying to them??
Go read a book or something...
This is pointless...

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > >>