Follow us on Twitter!
Few are those who can see with their own eyes and hear with their own hearts. - Albert Einstein
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 22
Guests Online: 20
Members Online: 2

Registered Members: 82885
Newest Member: ConiBE
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Hacking in general

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Author

RE: US says world biggest crackers was arrested


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 02-09-08 15:50
But since there WAS something to break through in the system it means the "door" wasn't "unlocked".

Would be like, a padlock on a vault door though. But still a lock and if you don't have the key then it's illegal for you to open it! And the fact that he removed user accounts and just destroyed stuff he deserves prison, maybe not 70years (which it won't be) but some years atleast!


Author

RE: US says world biggest crackers was arrested


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 02-09-08 15:53
root_op wrote:
But since there WAS something to break through in the system it means the "door" wasn't "unlocked".

Would be like, a padlock on a vault door though. But still a lock and if you don't have the key then it's illegal for you to open it! And the fact that he removed user accounts and just destroyed stuff he deserves prison, maybe not 70years (which it won't be) but some years atleast!



Yeah, you've got a point there. However, you have to give the guy a pat on the back because, let's be honest, is it really fair for the gov to hide stuff from us? Everything they know and do should be accessible to the public. So really, I congratulate him.
Author

RE: US says world biggest crackers was arrested

clone4
Member



Posts: 586
Location: He is back and he's bad!
Joined: 25.11.07
Rank:
Mad User
Posted on 02-09-08 15:54
ice_sd wrote:
clone4 wrote:
ice_sd wrote:
Futility wrote:
However, he did break through the government's security. Which is, I'm sure, very illegal. Yes, it was due to their stupidity, etc etc etc. But the fact that he acted on that stupidity is still grounds for imprisonment. Hell, it's like walking into someone's house because the front door was unlocked and rifling through their shit.



Show me the law that says I'm not allowed to walk into an unlocked house and do as I please. It's not his fault the gov didn't secure their shit better.


I believe that would be law about tresspasing( tort law cases ), I'd research it before doing something stupid Wink



If the guy leaves his house open, the law doesn't apply...well at least not in Canada...We'd consider it his fault for forgetting to lock his door or having an alarm system or _something_.



No offence, but that's stupid... I mean even if you don't have the financial propositions to secure your property, it still is yours, therefor law should apply, regardless of the state in which the property/land is in... For instance, that would mean that if you secure your land with some fence lower then 2 meters, courts could say that fence isn't high enough, and adult can just jump over it


[img][/img]img164.imageshack.us/img164/5713/perlvl0.jpg

clone4.freehostia.com/ubuntu_3.png
spyware - "They see me trollin'..."
<yaragn> ever seen that movie? The Matrix?
<yaragn> with those green lines of flying text?
<yaragn> *THAT'S* Perl

clone_4@hotmail.com
Author

RE: US says world biggest crackers was arrested


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 02-09-08 15:59
clone4 wrote:
ice_sd wrote:
clone4 wrote:
ice_sd wrote:
Futility wrote:
However, he did break through the government's security. Which is, I'm sure, very illegal. Yes, it was due to their stupidity, etc etc etc. But the fact that he acted on that stupidity is still grounds for imprisonment. Hell, it's like walking into someone's house because the front door was unlocked and rifling through their shit.



Show me the law that says I'm not allowed to walk into an unlocked house and do as I please. It's not his fault the gov didn't secure their shit better.


I believe that would be law about tresspasing( tort law cases ), I'd research it before doing something stupid Wink



If the guy leaves his house open, the law doesn't apply...well at least not in Canada...We'd consider it his fault for forgetting to lock his door or having an alarm system or _something_.



No offence, but that's stupid... I mean even if you don't have the financial propositions to secure your property, it still is yours, therefor law should apply, regardless of the state in which the property/land is in... For instance, that would mean that if you secure your land with some fence lower then 2 meters, courts could say that fence isn't high enough, and adult can just jump over it


I completely agree that it's stupid. You'd be surprised to know just how useless the law is in protecting you. I was just trying to make a point about how hard they're coming down on him even though it was their fault. You really can't blame the guy; everyone's curious to know what the gov's hiding. Pfft



P.S.> The banks own your property...they own your whole country...

Edited by on 02-09-08 16:00
Author

RE: US says world biggest crackers was arrested

clone4
Member



Posts: 586
Location: He is back and he's bad!
Joined: 25.11.07
Rank:
Mad User
Posted on 02-09-08 16:14
ice_sd wrote:

I completely agree that it's stupid. You'd be surprised to know just how useless the law is in protecting you. I was just trying to make a point about how hard they're coming down on him even though it was their fault. You really can't blame the guy; everyone's curious to know what the gov's hiding. Pfft



P.S.> The banks own your property...they own your whole country...


Fair enough thenSmile I get your point, but still whoever will be sticking his nose in government secrets ( even if there aren't any ) you will be damn sure, he'll get punished, even if there isn't really law covering your offences, they will always find something. Point being here is, that whenever you mess with government, they will do anything to maintain their superiority


[img][/img]img164.imageshack.us/img164/5713/perlvl0.jpg

clone4.freehostia.com/ubuntu_3.png
spyware - "They see me trollin'..."
<yaragn> ever seen that movie? The Matrix?
<yaragn> with those green lines of flying text?
<yaragn> *THAT'S* Perl

clone_4@hotmail.com
Author

RE: US says world biggest crackers was arrested


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 02-09-08 17:28
Well most governments keep secrets and cant allow certain information pass to the public. So lets say a UFO crash's in Mexico and the U.S. finds it first. If they told the public they had found it, the first question would have been where. Its obvious this would cause a bit of a problem. Besides, the U.S.'s FBI commits thousands of criminal acts every year. Many in the U.S. wouldn't care as its there government but other countries might. Many governments consider any public knowledge will be known by there enemy's so a certain amount of information needs to be kept private.



Author

RE: US says world biggest crackers was arrested

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location:
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 02-09-08 18:58
K_I_N_G wrote:
Many in the U.S. wouldn't care as its there government


Hello stoopids.

Yes, the double-o people.



img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

RE: US says world biggest crackers was arrested


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 02-09-08 19:58
K_I_N_G wrote:
Well most governments keep secrets and cant allow certain information pass to the public. So lets say a UFO crash's in Mexico and the U.S. finds it first. If they told the public they had found it, the first question would have been where. Its obvious this would cause a bit of a problem. Besides, the U.S.'s FBI commits thousands of criminal acts every year. Many in the U.S. wouldn't care as its there government but other countries might. Many governments consider any public knowledge will be known by there enemy's so a certain amount of information needs to be kept private.



Fair enough. =)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2