Newest Member: varshith_kh
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | General Computer Problems

Author

Ugh... wtf? help please :)

Your avatar

Posted on 18-05-08 07:02
Recently my computer at home has been playing up with blue screens and random crash and reboots. Now it will not even boot up it just keeps restarting and restarting.. some times getting to the windows loading screen and then restarting or sometimes just going through the boot up bios process and it will reboot.

After inserting the windows vista disk and trying to boot from it. It just froze half way through loading.

Safe mode same thing happens or it reboots.

I have Windows Vista. Sad

Any help would be appreciated and I can post more specs

Author

RE: Ugh... wtf? help please :)

Your avatar

Posted on 18-05-08 07:10
Unf4mili4r wrote:
Recently my computer at home has been playing up with blue screens and random crash and reboots. Now it will not even boot up it just keeps restarting and restarting.. some times getting to the windows loading screen and then restarting or sometimes just going through the boot up bios process and it will reboot.

After inserting the windows vista disk and trying to boot from it. It just froze half way through loading.

BSODS are caused by real mode processes trying to acess memory outside thats forbidden to them. this could be a driver problem, and windows constantly restarting could be a service problem i would suggest booting from a live disk and checking proccesses and drivers... but if you hate vista fuck it get Linux.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 18-05-08 07:14
Would you be able to run me through a step by step process on installing linux.. the best linux you would reccomend?

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 18-05-08 07:19
Unf4mili4r wrote:
Would you be able to run me through a step by step process on installing linux.. the best linux you would reccomend?

HAHAHA im a noob. but i use kubuntu. i like it faily well. mandriva is fairly easy also.

1.go to http://www.kubuntu.org/ or http://www.mandriva.com/ and download the live iso and burn it to a cd.

2.start up from disk (might have to enable atpi as a boot device in cmos)

3.follow disk prompts to install or in mandriva click the install button on the desktop.

4. learn a bunch of new shit about linux. you gunna need it. im getting used to it and i jus started.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 18-05-08 10:20
Personally I would use either fedora or ubuntu, both are nice and graphical, come with most things pre configured (especially ubuntu, some things are hard to get working with linux, wifi for example).

You will have to kiss goodbye to all your apps though, linux equivalents exist for most but not all. If you need any help you can PM me and il find you some links.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 18-05-08 14:50
Needs more RAM. Try to go with corsair.Smile
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 16-06-08 18:19
Alright dude just go and switch back to xp or install more memory because it sounds like there is not enough memory to PROPERLY run Vista.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 16-06-08 19:08
If it is a RAM issue, you can get 4g of RAM for roughly $100. (Check how much your motherboard can handle though. It would be a waist to buy 4g, when it can only handle 2g.) RAM is pretty cheap now, compared to what it use to be.

Author

devilsson2010

Posted on 16-06-08 21:20
Unf4mili4r wrote:

Well there's your problem!

www.hellboundhackers.org/sig/r/29891.png
Author

yours31f

Elite
Posted on 16-06-08 23:57
ya well i dual boot vista and ubuntu 8.04 and love it, exept for the fact that i cant figure out how to make ubuntu 8.04 use my wifi, it will not connect.

Debugging is what programmers do to beta software to make it take up more room on your hard drive if it is running too efficiently.

img259.imageshack.us/img259/3713/sigr.png

yours31f@live.com yours31f@yahoo.com rpwd.info
Author

RE: problem

Your avatar

Posted on 17-06-08 02:10
why don't u change your OS to XP or Ubuntu ?

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 17-06-08 07:13
I didn't see it said on here, but since you have Windows Vista (and if you want to stay with Microsoft), you can get a free downgrade from Vista to XP Pro.

Author

RE: idea

Your avatar

Posted on 17-06-08 14:41
Feralas wrote:
I didn't see it said on here, but since you have Windows Vista (and if you want to stay with Microsoft), you can get a free downgrade from Vista to XP Pro.

sounds like idea

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 17-06-08 18:04
Unf4mili4r wrote:

the most likely problem of the computer crashing is a virus.
that's the first step to having a virus. random crashes.

and if it's a video card problem then it would either be glitching or the monitor wouldn't display any activity at all.