Newest Member: varshith_kh
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Questions

Author

Ubuntu/linux help

Your avatar

Posted on 13-03-07 00:46
Hi, ive been using windows ever since i got a computer and ive looked up on linux and thought id give look into it, ive never used ubuntu before so im newb to it, anyways, i burnt the software onto a disc and installed it then i came to installing my network adapter but it keeps saying "Error: no suitable application, cannot open setup.exe, no app is suitable for automatic installation is available for hadling this kind of file" and it just refuses to install, i heard you need some sort of driver but i know nothing bout drivers or how they work Sad please help me

Jay Smile

Author

RE: Ubuntu/linux help

regret

Apprentice
Posted on 13-03-07 01:00
That's not part of the Ubuntu installation process...make sure you got a quality ISO. To make sure, you can get a torrent from Ubuntu's main site and verify it with the MD5 checksum.

Ubuntu does not install automatically from the start, it is a Linux-LiveCD which means it should boot into a slimline version of Ubuntu without installing anything, then you can double-click the "HD-Install" to being the installation process. The icon will bring up a wizard, answer the 5 (or 6 questions, can't remember) and happy using Smile.

www.hellboundhackers.org/sig/r/12852.png
I am the machine that reveals the truth to you as only I can see it.

Memories are nice, but that\'s all they are....memories.

You can\'t ever find a place that\'s nice and peaceful, because there isn\'t any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you\'re not looking, somebody\'ll sneak up and write \'Fuck you\' right under your nose.
di3m0nd6ack www.regretexistence.com
Author

RE: Ubuntu/linux help

Your avatar

Posted on 13-03-07 06:23
exe is windows executable.

Google to find driver for linux. But most of the time, i think it is automatically install. Try ifconfig