Newest Member: santana1744
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Trouble Shooting

Author

Trouble with autorunning

Your avatar

Posted on 21-05-06 07:12
I'm sure everyone here has seen internet cafes or something with computers just begging to be accessed, yet you have to pay 5 dollars a minute to get on. I thought about such computers and wondered what the best way would be to gain access to a particular one that I had in mind. Now keyboard shortcuts (ctrl+alt+del, alt+f4, win+r, etc.) work and there's pretty much nothing I can type into or click without them remotely enabling access (which they do when you pay). I could always restart the computer and try to catch it before it turns out their annoying little program, but I'd probably get caught restarting their computer and kicked out. I decided that it would probably be easiest just to make a program that disables whatever process is preventing me access.

Sounds simple, yes? One could probably easily make something like that- only there was one problem. How could I execute it?

I wasn't able to type or click anything, so I decided it would have to be auto-executing. The thing is that autorun.inf files don't work for USB drives. So I'm wondering if there's a way to autorun files off a removable disk

And if there isn't a way to do that, is there a way to figure out which drive letter belongs to a removable disk if you don't know? Perhaps a way to find which drive letter has the label "Removable Storage"?

Thank you to anyone who can help

Author

RE: Trouble with autorunning

Your avatar

Posted on 07-09-06 15:42
does the box have a flopy or cd drive??? I'm not sure but if it did... that might be an easy way around... But it would be cool to have an auto run on a usb key...Smile