Follow us on Twitter!
Your life is ending one minute at a time. If you were to die tomorrow, what would you do today?
Monday, April 21, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 23
Guests Online: 22
Members Online: 1

Registered Members: 82854
Newest Member: Dyno890
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Announcements

Author

Hellbound Hackers v1.3

Mordak
Evil Sorcerer

Elite
Posted on 22-04-13 13:40
As we are getting close to the release of Hellbound Hackers 1.3, We would like to hear what you want to see in this huge updated, also we would like to become more open about our development which is why in the 1.3 update we will have a new sub-domain set up so you can test new features and find bugs.

Refactored authentication system
Refactored theme system
Refactored profile system
Refactored register system
Brand new theme which will be used as the base for all future themes.(And you *yes you* can download this theme and then make your own)
Brand new code Bank with a new method of syntax highlight
Huge changes to the forum
Brand new article system
All challenges fixed and working 100%
Better bug report system
Feature request system
Better EM system and more payment options
Exclusive member webmail system
Refactored admin back-end
Development system is set up and working.

As we have made a huge amount of changes to the heavy content areas of the site we had a staff meeting to discus the current *editor* and then this discussion turned very quickly into how shit it was, so we started looking for a different way to input content and we have chosen CKeditor as the replacement. Now we want to know if there is anything we have missed or anything you want to see in the 1.3 update. This thread will remain unlock till the 30th after that date all the feature you would like will be discussed at the staff meeting and then we will update this thread with which feature we are adding to 1.3.

Thanks

~ Mordak & The rest of the HBH-Staff

Edited by Mordak on 27-04-13 02:50
http://developers.hellboundhackers.org
Author

RE: Hellbound Hackers v1.3

rex_mundi
☆ Lucifer ☆

God
Posted on 27-04-13 04:11
It would be cool to have the option of adding images into articles, as opposed to just links as it is now.

U N Ⓡⓔⓧ_Ⓜⓤⓝⓓⓘ
Author

Mordak
Evil Sorcerer

Elite
Posted on 27-04-13 20:40
Yes I would add this into the articles system. I don't think we will have the images hosted on hbh if I am honest.

Author

Mordak
Evil Sorcerer

Elite
Posted on 29-04-13 13:58
Ideas from maug2 :

Free pgp messaging between users.

A "clear all" for users. Delete the profile and anonymize the posts by changing their screen name to a name from a baby names list. Could have a 90 day waiting period for legal reasons, but not everyone wants an internet tattoo. Being able to delete it from backups kinda deletes the purpose of backups, but it would be nice to have it not accessible on the web. Don't know any sites that actually do this. Yahoo! kinda did with emails only.

Ratings for users, by users, with a comment for each rating. With warnings you can't tell if they just pissed off a mod, or are actually an liability/leech/ass to everyone.

Form recovery for messages/posts.... If I go at lengths to help in a thread and it's deleted, no one feels like retyping everything.

Some of this would be pretty simple, and would really smooth out some of the edges imo.

i.imgur.com/mK1uLAH.png

Do you want users to see your online status?
Yes No

Do you want users to see the actual forum/post you are looking at?
Yes No

Do you want a posts-per-day graph in your profile?
Yes No

Allow other users to view your favorite threads?
Yes No

Allow other users to start new threads in your journal?
Yes No

Accept private messages from other users?
Yes No Secure Only

Accept arcade challenges from other members?
Yes No

Allow images and Flash in your ratings?
Yes No

Keep a copy of sent messages by default?
Yes No

How often to backup posts? (0 to disable.)
minutes

How long to save deleted private messages? (0 to disable.)
days

Message displayed when user tries to send you a PM (up to 1500 characters):

Extra account settings ^^

If you have smileys in a different format, there won't be conflicts too. Like :angry: Grinevil: :smile:

This particular web site also hosts images from users, but they strip the gps information from cell phones. Imagine a "post your setup" thread..

One other thing. There should be a "PM mod" button. No one mod ever wants to be swamped with busy work and PM's. On that site, PMing the mod will send the pm to all of the mods for that specific forum. Mods who work in other fields/forums don't see it. Mods can also see which mods have seen the PM.

Edit: one more thing. lol
It would be good to get pages of recent posts, not just always have 10. Maybe an option to change from 10 to 20/50/100.

Edited by Mordak on 29-04-13 14:00
Author

lolly

Wiseman
Warn Level: 30
Posted on 30-04-13 06:51
PGP messaging is kinda cool, but not really necessary, and I don't see it getting that much use. Don't really see the point of adding a rating system.

One thing that may increase discussion would be to add a CTF section to the forum that basically makes a topic from each contest from http://ctftime.org/event/list/upcoming/ and people can discuss the challenges. Kind of have my doubts about whether anyone on this site will be able to complete them, but it may promote discussion.

Edited by Mordak on 30-04-13 19:32
Author

elmiguel

God
Posted on 30-04-13 13:56
Actually, I think quite a few people on here could complete some CTF's. I my self have done a few on other sites and completed a few milestones but life and work do take precedence. It all depends on time. I don't have that much time to do some of these CTF's as they take awhile to complete and very short open and close dates.

I think the suggestion about a rating system is very good system and somewhat already in use now with community points and some in the forums. It all comes down to whether the person feels like its worth something. I am all for bring interaction to this site as I feel like the more engaging "we" make it the more will be done. Regardless of where the idea came from, drug forum or not, it's still a good idea. The suggestion would benefit you as your warning of 30 points could be cleared because it would based on the community and just due the fact that you pissed off a mod or whether you were just green and did a few things in the beginning that could have been overlooked.

/rant
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had some ideas that I expressed to Mordak about some new features. These new features are as follows:

Introducing some jQuery frameworks to allow more interactive elements to this site.

Adding more statistics to the home page and personal pages to show progress of the community as a whole or individual. "Who completed what in the last few minutes", "How many people have completed this challenge", "Would you like to become a Mentor for this challenge?", etc

Easier access to the challenges themselves directly form your profile page. Adapting the idea from google image search to allow the person to click on the challenge link from their profile page and have a drop down with a screen shot of the challenge, description, link to forums based on this challenge, see mentor list. Without having to load another page, if the person feels that they are ready to go to a desired link they can choose whats appropriate to them.

Widget for site challenges, open all the time fun programming development section (points to the person whose widgets get adapted to the site). This is some I feel like it would be a lot of fun. If there is something you want to add, make it, test it, submit it and if it gets enough feedback and community approval it will be added. More points for you.

A challenge suggestion and development section. Let the people trade out ideas for newer challenges. Use the latest mindsets of today and do a reboot on this site.

Introduce more mobile life to this site! I use KendoUI for my projects at my work a lot of forward thinking towards mobile development and KendoUI has a really well developed Mobile framework.

Let's face it, a lot of people use Facebook and such sites. Let's outreach to that media. Bring in similar features: Live Chat with friends system, Community Chat like a IRC but fresher and is at the bottom of the page (toggled) at all times allowing a person to be doing challenges, writing in forums, etc. while participating in some synchronous interactivity.

Discussion of completed challenges forums, unlock after completion, to discuss how a person liked the challenge and submit bugs, patches and such to make each challenge smooth and more realistic in its simulation. Learn other ways of completing this type of exploit. How often do you see this exploit. This could be a good way to keep the community more active in whats going on in certain subjects.

Well that's all I have for now, comments welcome.

The philosophy of one century is the common sense of the next. -Fortune Cookie

I would like to thank a few friends that I have made here that helped me and deserve to be mentioned:
System_Meltdown, Futility, nvrlivenvrdie, Mastergamer, TrueHacker, S1L3NTKn1GhT, Reelix, ynori7, Demons Halo, kryptor

www.hellboundhackers.org/sig/r/24963.png

www.hellboundhackers.org/sig/hbh2.png
<script>alert('XSS');</script>
Author

maug2

Posted on 30-04-13 17:36
Just my opinion but I'd like to see material on how to set up this stuff at home, and test it on my own network. I think with the same level of effort we could have a really awesome learning resource, or we could have mediocre challenge/CTF site.

There once was a voting system in place. Could easily index good posts this way too.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/igJiZFG.png?2[/IMG]

tip the cup, feed the fire, and forget about useless fucking hope. - a desolation song, agalloch

Edited by maug2 on 01-05-13 15:28
Author

Mordak
Evil Sorcerer

Elite
Posted on 30-04-13 18:02
JQuery frameworks.

Once the theme is out to the public and we have the bugs in the current on fixed. We will be lookinto more into this.

More statistics

The front-end for this has been completred.

Easier access to the challenges.

This has been completed with the use of a top bar drop down.

Widget

If this is about coumminty vote on challenges this is done via EM and Staff, but there is some changes to this to make things more oprn

Development section

This is complete via http://developers.hellboundhackers.org

Mobile theme

This is a item for 1.4.

Soical

We have facebook, twitter and youtube. The youtube account is for videos on exploits found on HBH and how to use them and also as a step further how to patch them. As for chat we have a chat system like facebook with a chatrrom called challenge help. "FOR CHALLENGES ONLY" but i think it will wait to 1.4

Enjoy the feedback Smile Keep them coming

Edited by Mordak on 30-04-13 18:13
Author

lolly

Wiseman
Warn Level: 30
Posted on 30-04-13 19:19
Just my opinion but I'd like to see material on how to set up this stuff at home, and test it on my own network. I think with the same level of effort we could have a really awesome learning resource, or we could have mediocre challenge/CTF site.

This is a good idea. I remember someone (I think wolfmankurd?) put up a box with some challenges on it a few years ago. It would be cool to integrate an API so users can put up their own web or app challenges. Maybe even break into their box...I remember a while back when yours3lf was an admin, a bunch of people were asking how to upload challenges, so this might get some use?

I think it's important to take into consideration how long some ideas will take and if they can actually be done timely for 1.3. I.e. integrating PGP into the messaging system would be cool, but could it really be done in a realistic time?

Edited by Mordak on 30-04-13 19:34
Author

Mordak
Evil Sorcerer

Elite
Posted on 30-04-13 19:38
Root this box challenge is currently being set up. The time for this is unknown currently but i will let you all know when it's ready.