Follow us on Twitter!
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few. - Winston Churchill
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 20
Guests Online: 20
Members Online: 0

Registered Members: 82889
Newest Member: Geriztul
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Challenges | Tracking Challenges

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Author

Tracking 2 Invalid Credentials


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 02-04-10 20:37
I'm pretty sure I've got this right.

I found the comment as such: <!-- last logged in user: **.**.***.*** -->
To find the hostname and country all you have to do is, of course, perform an IP whois or trace root. I got the following information:

Host-name: rrcs-**-**-***-***.west.***.**.com
Country: US

I've marked out the IP and two parts of the host-name with asterisks. My problem is: the challenge won't accept my answer. Does the country need to be spelled out differently? Or is there something wrong with this challenge?


Author

RE: Tracking 2 Invalid Credentials

Futility
Member



Posts: 725
Location: USA
Joined: 17.12.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 02-04-10 21:21
Mosh knows what he's talking about. Just trust him, read the FAQ, and try again.


i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/zanimabean/Zim.png
Futility91@hotmail.com Futility91
Author

RE: Tracking 2 Invalid Credentials

ynori7
Member



Posts: 1486
Location: #valhalla
Joined: 08.10.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 02-04-10 21:23
FractaLove358 wrote:
I would be inclined to think that you're a spammer and deserve flaming. Your warn level is 100 and you made yourself a fake challenge completion chart. WTF??

Is there anyone out there that actually knows about this challenge?

You don't know what you're talking about, shut up.

As for tracking 2, the challenge doesn't always accept answers due to the way it was programmed. If you can't get it, try again tomorrow. Also, read the "challenges" tab on this link http://www.hellbo. . .rg/faq.php.

EDIT: typo


halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg


Edited by ynori7 on 02-04-10 21:23
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

RE: Tracking 2 Invalid Credentials


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 02-04-10 21:28
MoshBat wrote:
I would be inclined to think you're doing it wrong. Just a guess, though.


It's obvious that you know nothing about this challenge. You say that you're "inclined to think" that I'm doing wrong rather than stating that I am doing wrong. Are you just screwing around or are you a spammer?

Your warn level is 100 and you made yourself a fake completion chart and yet you seem to have been thanked by others and you may have written some articles.

Regardless: is there anyone who actually knows about this challenge?


Author

RE: Tracking 2 Invalid Credentials


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 02-04-10 21:29
ynori7 wrote:
FractaLove358 wrote:
I would be inclined to think that you're a spammer and deserve flaming. Your warn level is 100 and you made yourself a fake challenge completion chart. WTF??

Is there anyone out there that actually knows about this challenge?

You don't know what you're talking about, shut up.

As for tracking 2, the challenge doesn't always accept answers due to the way it was programmed. If you can't get it, try again tomorrow. Also, read the "challenges" tab on this link http://www.hellbo. . .rg/faq.php.

EDIT: typo


I deleted that post after thinking about it for a moment. Sorry you had to see it.


Author

RE: Tracking 2 Invalid Credentials

ynori7
Member



Posts: 1486
Location: #valhalla
Joined: 08.10.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 02-04-10 21:33
FractaLove358 wrote:
I deleted that post after thinking about it for a moment. Sorry you had to see it.

The one you replaced it with isn't really any better...


halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

RE: Tracking 2 Invalid Credentials


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 02-04-10 21:34
So this is basically just a scripting issue then? Frown

Perhaps HBH should consider revamping their script. Have any admins considered this?


Author

RE: Tracking 2 Invalid Credentials


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 02-04-10 21:37
ynori7 wrote:
FractaLove358 wrote:
I deleted that post after thinking about it for a moment. Sorry you had to see it.

The one you replaced it with isn't really any better...


So what would you have said on a new site with an foreign user who just posted to your question... And the user seems to be a spammer but is also praised by many? Quite confusing don't you think?




Edited by on 02-04-10 21:38
Author

RE: Tracking 2 Invalid Credentials

ynori7
Member



Posts: 1486
Location: #valhalla
Joined: 08.10.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 02-04-10 21:44
FractaLove358 wrote:
So what would you have said on a new site with an foreign user who just posted to your question... And the user seems to be a spammer but is also praised by many? Quite confusing don't you think?

I think you severely overreacted to his response. First of all, when you're new to a site you don't go around insulting other members, that's a real good way to get yourself banned especially when you make completely unfounded accusations. Secondly, I have no idea where you're getting this spammer crap from. Thirdly, you must be very easily confused.


halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

RE: Tracking 2 Invalid Credentials


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 02-04-10 21:48
ynori7 wrote:
First of all, when you're new to a site you don't go around insulting other members

Like you're one to talk, fishasshole.


Author

RE: Tracking 2 Invalid Credentials


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 02-04-10 22:02
ynori7 wrote:
FractaLove358 wrote:
So what would you have said on a new site with an foreign user who just posted to your question... And the user seems to be a spammer but is also praised by many? Quite confusing don't you think?

I think you severely overreacted to his response. First of all, when you're new to a site you don't go around insulting other members, that's a real good way to get yourself banned especially when you make completely unfounded accusations. Secondly, I have no idea where you're getting this spammer crap from. Thirdly, you must be very easily confused.


A general site you wouldn't go around flaming other members. However, this is a hacker testing site and flaming is permitted when deserved. MoshBat looks like a spammer because he has a warn level of 100, his page is filled with pikachus in an unpleasant format, and he has a fake complete chart. I admit I overacted the first time (which is why I deleted the post). But the updated post is much more reasonable and certainly not an unfounded accusation. It was just based on limited data i.e. how MoshBat presents himself in his posting and his profile.


Author

RE: Tracking 2 Invalid Credentials

ynori7
Member



Posts: 1486
Location: #valhalla
Joined: 08.10.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 02-04-10 22:12
FractaLove358 wrote:
A general site you wouldn't go around flaming other members. However, this is a hacker testing site and flaming is permitted when deserved.

Even when deserved a new member who hasn't been around long enough to know what he's talking about shouldn't be flaming a senior member.
MoshBat looks like a spammer because he has a warn level of 100, his page is filled with pikachus in an unpleasant format, and he has a fake complete chart.

The warn isn't there because of spamming. I should know, I put it there. As for the pikachu's it's there in that annoying format as a deterrent for those who consider PMing him with stupid questions.
I admit I overacted the first time (which is why I deleted the post). But the updated post is much more reasonable and certainly not an unfounded accusation. It was just based on limited data i.e. how MoshBat presents himself in his posting and his profile.

You made an assumption based on very very little data and so you made an ass of yourself. Rather than instantly jumping to the conclusion that he's a spammer, you could have asked why he thought you were doing it wrong. It might be a reasonable answer such as "because most people who ask for help with this challenge are doing it wrong" (which is true).

EDIT: Also, where are you getting this idea that MoshBat's challenge chart is 'fake'?


halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg


Edited by ynori7 on 02-04-10 22:15
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

RE: Tracking 2 Invalid Credentials


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 02-04-10 22:33
So what you're basically saying is:

Submit to authority, never flame them regardless.
You're wrong, because most are wrong.
Although things are misleading, you're jumping to conclusions.

If I were to completely submit to all authority then what would that make me? If I always accepted that I wrong just because someone said I was then what would that make me? If I accept any fallacy as true then what does that make me? I can tell you one thing for sure: it wouldn't make me a hacker.


Author

RE: Tracking 2 Invalid Credentials


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 02-04-10 22:40
FractaLove358 wrote:
So what you're basically saying is:

Submit to authority, never flame them regardless.
You're wrong, because most are wrong.
Although things are misleading, you're jumping to conclusions.

If I were to completely submit to all authority then what would that make me? If I always accepted that I wrong just because someone said I was then what would that make me? If I accept any fallacy as true then what does that make me? I can tell you one thing for sure: it wouldn't make me a hacker.

Dude, just relax and get on with life...


Author

RE: Tracking 2 Invalid Credentials

ynori7
Member



Posts: 1486
Location: #valhalla
Joined: 08.10.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 02-04-10 22:41
FractaLove358 wrote:
So what you're basically saying is:

Submit to authority, never flame them regardless.

No, basically what I said was "know your place". You haven't earned the right to flame others here yet. At the rate you're going you wont.
You're wrong, because most are wrong.

No, "you're probably wrong because most are wrong and your description matches theirs"
Although things are misleading, you're jumping to conclusions.

Yes. Things are quite often not as they appear.


halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

RE: Tracking 2 Invalid Credentials

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location:
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 02-04-10 23:41
What, the, fuck.

OP, I'm sorry you got such a shitty treatment. Change "US" to "United States" and all will be well. Ignore the other replies in this thread for they are useless drivel.



img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

RE: Tracking 2 Invalid Credentials


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 02-04-10 23:53
spyware wrote:
What, the, fuck.

OP, I'm sorry you got such a shitty treatment. Change "US" to "United States" and all will be well. Ignore the other replies in this thread for they are useless drivel.


Thank you... someone with sense.


Author

RE: Tracking 2 Invalid Credentials

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location:
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 03-04-10 02:53
MoshBat wrote:
Really, Spy? Can you not read threads anymore? In future, if you have something to about me, you say it to my God-damn-Jesus-Fucking face. (Yes, he was excellent, before you ask)
Now lock this shit.


I can read threads just fine you dick. And ynori (cut the "admin person" bullshit already) and I were conversing in IRC because I wanted to. If I want to say something to you, I'll say it to you.

You fucking prick.



img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

RE: Tracking 2 Invalid Credentials


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 03-04-10 03:05
That's enough, ladies. Mosh was out of line at the beginning of the thread for being less than helpful (but more than obvious), and Spy was out of line for exercising OP capabilities in the argument off-site.

For the record, I agree that the responses given to the OP were pathetic. It wasn't until someone mentioned the HBHBot that the thread actually got helpful. The OP started attacking the people that half-ass-responded because he had every right to. He wanted help, and the first responders dicked around with him.

So, that's that, and get over it. I'm sure he's gotten his answer after enough trouble, and let's leave that at that.


Author

RE: Tracking 2 Invalid Credentials

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location:
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 03-04-10 03:10
define wrote:and Spy was out of line for exercising OP capabilities in the argument off-site.


Thanks for your post, but I'd like to make it clear that on the #hbh channel, I -do- have administrative powers. If a member, admin or -anyone- angers me enough, I -will- kick, and maybe ban them. Of course, these things won't happen often, but when they do, It's go time. /kick, /ban, I utilize my tools as I see fit.



img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >