HellBound Hackers | General | Debates

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Author

RE: The BIG One

Your avatar

Posted on 26-04-10 20:04
spyware wrote:
ynori7 wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's been about ice cream all along.

Oh look, there's the useless tyrant of an admin. How nice of you to join us.

Oh, yes, ynori, glad you could finally join us. Me and this tyrant of an op have been waiting for a while; you'll have to excuse his bad attitude, he's just cranky because he doesn't have much power in your domain.

Author

fuser

Mad User
Posted on 26-04-10 20:04
ok, ok. let's get back to the original topic again. I thought it would be a good fun, but then it did become personal. back to main topic.

img.userbarz.com/51/10006.png
img.userbarz.com/146/29144.gif
img.userbarz.com/99/19602.jpg
img.userbarz.com/4/600.png
img.userbarz.com/45/8814.gif
img360.imageshack.us/img360/9231/bfbarlr0.jpg
[url=http://userbarz.com/][img]ht
catinthecpu@hotmail.com
Author

The-Scarecrow

Posted on 27-04-10 01:22
Is COM always like this? Oh, and COM I have a friend as well his name is maturity, you guys should meet.

But I have come up with a valid argument. Evolution is to busy with it bickering over 'was it 2.75 or 2.74 billion years ago that life was created', to worry about the simple fact of if we did evolve where did the elements come from? constants? and other governing laws?

img518.imageshack.us/img518/1368/userbar619616sw2.gif
Ask me for it ill give it.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-04-10 01:40
The-Scarecrow wrote:
Is COM always like this? Oh, and COM I have a friend as well his name is maturity, you guys should meet.

But I have come up with a valid argument. Evolution is to busy with it bickering over 'was it 2.75 or 2.74 billion years ago that life was created', to worry about the simple fact of if we did evolve where did the elements come from? constants? and other governing laws?

Taking the liberty to speak for myself here: no, I am not always like this. I'm simply bored and entertaining myself with any plaything I happen to find fun. Also, you obviously don't know your friend very well then, maybe you should actually pay some attention to him from time to time.

So, could you explain to us how that argument is valid or in any form relevant to this topic?

Edited by on 27-04-10 01:41
Author

The-Scarecrow

Posted on 27-04-10 03:16
COM do we have a problem here?

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-04-10 03:35
The-Scarecrow wrote:
COM do we have a problem here?

Obviously we do; I just asked you a question about your supposed valid argument and you aren't answering it. Now if you'd care to elaborate on your previous statement instead of being busy trying to look mature in a petty argument, we might get somewhere. If you actually were mature, you would've been able to see this, obviously this time around, you will. So, I repeat what I asked once more: could you explain to us how that argument [two posts ago] is valid or in any form relevant to this topic?

Don't let me down this time kid, I'm actually expecting an honest, well thought-out answer and I'm not just asking to be a dick.

Author

goluhaque

Apprentice
Warn Level: 30
Posted on 27-04-10 05:39
The-Scarecrow wrote:

OK. Agreed Science has yet not found the true origin of life. But there are theories which completely fulfill the conditions.

The classic experiment demonstrating the mechanisms by which inorganic elements could combine to form the precursors of organic chemicals was the 1950 experiment by Stanley Miller. He undertook experiments designed to find out how lightning - simulated by repeated electrical discharges - might have affected the primitive earth atmosphere. He discharged an electric spark into a mixture thought to resemble the primordial composition of the atmosphere. In a water receptacle, designed to model an ancient ocean, amino acids appeared. Amino acids are widely regarded as the building blocks of life.

Although the primitive atmosphere is no longer believed to be as rich in hydrogen as was once thought, the discovery that the Murchison meteorite contains the same amino acids obtained by Miller, and even in the same relative proportions, strongly suggests that his results are relevant.

That applause I receive from y'all on posting this post would have gotten me drunk on power if I hadn't already been high on life.
Author

The-Scarecrow

Posted on 27-04-10 06:40
At last intelligence. Thank you goluhaque.

While miller did do some truly extraordinary things, to use this as proof for the creation of life is illogical. when you take a step back and have a close look at what Miller achieved it isn't as amazing as 'creating life'.

Miller created 2 proteins out of the 42 needed to create basic life. These 2 proteins were 'born' into a toxic destructive soup. He did this using unreasonable test conditions (though later scrutinized). Miller was a LONG way off creating life and since miller no one has come any closer. If anything this demonstrates how well designed and fragile life really is.

Food for thought. Q: How does an element fuse past iron?

Author

ynori7

God
Posted on 27-04-10 07:21
The-Scarecrow wrote:

Huh? I don't understand the question.

halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

The-Scarecrow

Posted on 27-04-10 07:34
well you fuse hydrogen into helium under huge pressure and heat. now you can keep doing this until you get to iron, when you try and do it to iron it takes more energy than is created so it stops the process.

Author

goluhaque

Apprentice
Posted on 27-04-10 09:20
The-Scarecrow wrote:
well you fuse hydrogen into helium under huge pressure and heat. now you can keep doing this until you get to iron, when you try and do it to iron it takes more energy than is created so it stops the process.

Supernovas, man. All the elements before Iron are created in stars during normal periods of nuclear fusion reactions. When a Supernova occurs, the heat and pressure increase many times and further heavier elements are formed. Watch Discovery Channel.

EDIT:Can anyone tell me why my userbar is showing the rank of peck94(whoever that is)? No other problems like login etc. though.

That applause I receive from y'all on posting this post would have gotten me drunk on power if I hadn't already been high on life.

Edited by goluhaque on 27-04-10 09:23
Author

fuser

Mad User
Posted on 27-04-10 10:07
try removing it first, and then inserting a new one.

img.userbarz.com/51/10006.png
img.userbarz.com/146/29144.gif
img.userbarz.com/99/19602.jpg
img.userbarz.com/4/600.png
img.userbarz.com/45/8814.gif
img360.imageshack.us/img360/9231/bfbarlr0.jpg
[url=http://userbarz.com/][img]ht
catinthecpu@hotmail.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-04-10 10:28
The-Scarecrow wrote:
At last intelligence. Thank you goluhaque.

Well, I'm glad you found some as you seem to be needing all of it you can get, seeing as you've yet to be able to answer a simple question.

Anyhow, nice to see you dropping in goluhaque, seeing as The-Scarecrow is being a child and ignoring big mean old me, I'll talk to you instead.
I don't understand why you answered an unrelated question to this topic as if related. Since we're comparing evolution and intelligent design, the creation itself is of no interest. Evolution doesn't answer it and isn't here to answer it and as such can't be expected to; intelligent design provides no explanation for the creation either besides "something did it". This leads to there having to be a reasonable scientific explanation lest you admit to supernatural forces (which intelligent design strives for btw) and since then we've entered the realm of religion, it is irrelevant to this argument as The-Scarecrow suddenly decided about 2 pages into the argument that it has nothing to do with religion... for some reason. This actually forcing the whole basis and value of any argument from the side of intelligent design nonexistant in this debate.
In fact, the debate itself is of a faulty nature if we're going to compare the two sides as they are since the only reason they are compared in the first place isn't because of creation, it's because of how people want to view the current state of life and whether it has always been disparate like it is now, or if it all evolved from the same point. So these two theories are of unequal nature to start with, if anything it should be intelligent design vs. science, not that that'll yield any better results since none of faith based arguments can be scientifically proven.

You do it by using more energy than is released. There is no reason for the process to stop just because more energy would be required than would be released. In fact, your whole understanding of this is lacking as there is a base rule which we all should know, that is: energy cannot be created or destroyed. Take a physics class or two, seriously, it's very educational and interesting.

Edit:
So, if anybody wants to continue this useless debate about creation vs. post-creation, please do so, I thank you all for the entertainment.

Edited by on 27-04-10 10:34
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-04-10 14:13
I really don't understand who is one which side in this thread? More discussion of Ice cream than the actual topic.

Author

goluhaque

Apprentice
Posted on 27-04-10 17:03
Myself on the Evolution side.......And the supporters for ice cream side Wink

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-04-10 17:52
MoshBat wrote:
God squad side. And Ice Cream, too. That's the main thing that unites us.

wow I'm suprised to hear that... I prefer frozen yogurt.

Actually I'm joking I had frozen yogurt once it's disgusting.

I didn't think anyone believed in god anymore.

Author

The-Scarecrow

Posted on 28-04-10 03:01
COM i didn't answer you are nothing more than a silly little girl that likes the attention. COM, there are more than 1 form of Evolution. There is Macro evolution, micro evolution, cosmic evolution, elemental evolution. But your narrow mindedness has neglected to recognize any.

Where did words like faith and religion come into it? We are talking science.

Evolution outside Micro Evolution is not science. look up any meaning of science and you will find that the theory's of evolution fall outside of it. Can it be tested? NO. can it be observed? NO.

The debate of Evolution vs. Intelligent Design is simple. Did the universe come about by itself or was it designed?

You do it by using more energy than is released. There is no reason for the process to stop just because more energy would be required than would be released. In fact, your whole understanding of this is lacking as there is a base rule which we all should know, that is: energy cannot be created or destroyed. Take a physics class or two, seriously, it's very educational and interesting.

This made myself and my roommates twist up our faces. All of us have studied Nuclear Physics. The only place known where elements are fused is on a star. Hydrogen joins with hydrogen and creates helium, there is a positive difference in mass and because of the relationship between mass and energy the star gets a lot hotter. This process happens right through the elements until it gets to Iron. It takes more energy than is created to fuse iron. So the more iron the star fuses the more heat is taken out of the star until the star collapses and as goluhaque said it supernovas. Now it is theorized that when this happens it joins lots and lots of elements creating all that we have today. But the only evidence that this IS what happened is that when you already assume that earth evolved, 'so it must have happened' argument. Very poor circular logic.

Author

ynori7

God
Posted on 28-04-10 03:18
wolfmankurd wrote:
I really don't understand who is on which side in this thread?

MoshBat wrote:
God squad side.

wolfmankurd wrote:
I didn't think anyone believed in god anymore.

MoshBat wrote:
All retards do.

Looks like you've finally stopped denying your retardation, mosh. Good for you.

EDIT:
The-Scarecrow wrote:
The only place known where elements are fused is on a star.

That's not the only way one element can change into another. Atoms can split on their own. Uranium does it all the time. There are also some acids that can dissolve metals and leave different elements behind. Look up aqua regia and radioactive decay.

Still not sure what all this chemistry and physics has to do with the topic though.

halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg

Edited by ynori7 on 28-04-10 03:32
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 28-04-10 04:08
It was the energy cascading through a quantum event which we may never understand. If you need to call that god then so be it.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 28-04-10 06:24
why do you believe in god moshbat?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >