Follow us on Twitter!
You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself. - Galileo
Friday, April 18, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 18
Guests Online: 18
Members Online: 0

Registered Members: 82822
Newest Member: TheBunter
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Page 5 of 8 << < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Author

RE: Pist

Your avatar

Posted on 19-10-05 17:04
I for one am getting annoid with theese silly noobs joining the site maybe HBH could have a small test before people join to confirm wether there a noob or not like a simple challenge and a few yes and no questions, if there noobness is to high they cant join

Author

RE: The NEW HBH: Have your say!

Your avatar

Posted on 19-10-05 17:45
This noob filtering is pointless. Besides, the main attraction for this site is for newbies to learn.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 19-10-05 18:28
i think that the first test, before doing any other challenges, (or having access to articles) is to pass a reasonable etical test. it could be set out in a way as to see how a member would react to different situations. you could put ppl off by calling it something else, so that ppl weren't automatically pretending to be ethical purely for membership.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 19-10-05 20:51
Somebody could easily lie about their intentions, but it would give them a good idea on how the majority of hackers like to work. It shouldn't/couldn't be mandatory, but perhaps 5/10 points for completing it.

There's this one site - might be a link from here - on reverse engineering, which makes you "work" for information. I think this is a great idea, and the more you progress through challenges, the more information is offered to you (be this forums, articles or further challenges).
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 19-10-05 20:51
i like zooyorka idea its just really good
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 19-10-05 22:52
But there are some complete idiots that p*ss me off they think they can just hack by clicking a mouse they should be weeded out

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 20-10-05 07:03
Codemonkey wrote:
Maybe when you sign up you could redirect to an initial challenge thats not to simple but not to hard just moderate and if you can pass it then you get a confirmation email sent to you to validate your account otherwise you dont but still have the chance to come back and try to beat the challenge to get on the site, that way we only have ppl who really want to learn on the site.
-Just a suggestion.

Yeah, its sort of like that on Mod-X, You cant join until you prove you are worthy. You couldnt really use 'The Idiot Test' because that might be too easy. I think its a good idea though.

Sorry, if somebody has already said what i just did, its because i could only be bothered reading to here.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 20-10-05 11:22
MD
But there are some complete idiots that p*ss me off they think they can just hack by clicking a mouse they should be weeded out
they are man. they just dont progress on when it comes down to the nitty gritty of ACTUALLY doing some work (ie learning, opening their mind to new concepts, discovering exploits, etc.) these are the ppl who never become anything and just hang out in chat rooms telliong ppl of their imagined adventures. and these ppl are sooo easy to see cause they have holes in their stories (exploits?) and when questioned about the activities they have commited, suddenly they "forgot". so the only ppl that they impress is other newbies and then, who gives a shit? let em all amuse each other and leave the ppl who are serious about hacking alone.

And fagitz, i totally agree with you about working for the info, its an interesting concept. but when i talked about the ethical test being the first, i meant for it to be REALLY disguised. a situation is proposed and the alternatives are offered. now all alternatives should be worded to appear equally appealing, so as to confuse the individual sitting the test to what is the "correct" answer. but being an ethical test, it is more of a survey, therfore being no correct or incorrect answers, just varying shades of morality. and the quiz can be about other things too as morality carries over and its better represented in everyday actions.

but hey this is all just suggestion so take the piss if you dont agree Smile thats what it's here for

Edited by on 20-10-05 11:29
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-10-05 02:37
Is the discussion forum going to be cleaned up? It would be nice for it to have subcategories like Under Basic you would have a sub-forum for each mission and etc.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-10-05 11:32
whats with everybody and this concept of a "newb filter". ITS CALLED FREDOM OF SPEECH and i thought hackers where all fredom of information and stuff

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-10-05 19:09
yeah but there are really some assholes out there and its our freedom if we dont want to hear them.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-10-05 20:15
pffffff freedom of speech, No such thing. Wink
Well i don't believe there is Smile

Author

knutrainer

Apprentice
Posted on 27-10-05 21:24
Freedom of speach does not apply to a privatly owned domain.

img389.imageshack.us/img389/974/knu5ui1ja.jpg
~PM me if you need help or instant message me.

knutrainer@gmail.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 03-11-05 07:06
Ok guys, im thinking of making a layout, even better mabey even redesigning the site altogether, pending on how much time I have, If I do decide to redo the site, I think I could probley do it all in flash, but for now here is what I have for the Navigation Panel. Check it out and tell me what you think!

http://www.geocit. . .index.html

http://www.geocit. . .ubmit.html

p.s.

ALL buttons work! Check em out.

Edited by on 03-11-05 07:07
Author

Mr_Cheese

Uber Elite
Posted on 03-11-05 11:35
nice work! if you could incorporate that with the CSS file, then you have yourself a pretty decent theme!!!

http://www.hellboundhackers.org/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 03-11-05 18:10
thanks much cheese! I feel so good now. lol

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 03-11-05 18:30
You might want to learn how to spell before putting too much effort into it.

Articals?

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 03-11-05 18:35
well you might want to lick my balls before you say shit, I dont see you doing anything.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 19-11-05 22:16
I think there should be a "sent messages" place in the private messages area. or at least make it so you have what the other person put automatically pasted in the box when you reply. i think it would make it WAY easier to follow pm's.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 19-11-05 23:19
Conversation-based PMs, similar to many mail systems, (including gmail.)

Limit the size of people's signatures. Both in character numbers, as well as an overflow: hidden; within the css file. I'm fine with signature images no matter how crappy, but when they're more than 70pixels tall, (and especially too wide,) then I get annoyed.

Page 5 of 8 << < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >