Follow us on Twitter!
One mans freedom fighter, another's terrorist.
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 20
Guests Online: 18
Members Online: 2

Registered Members: 82885
Newest Member: ConiBE
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Page 7 of 8 << < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Author

RE: The NEW HBH: Have your say!

Your avatar

Posted on 01-05-07 21:01
I'd be really happy with a code bank that kept indentation intact, and allowed for code to be updated by the user that posted it.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-12-07 06:20
i'm new so ignore me if I make a fool out of myself. I'd like some windows mobile challenges or something along the lines of a mobile section, maybe even in mobile format lol. I've been looking for information along this line for a while and other than BT intercepting and reg edits i haven't found much. Just a lot of info in one place would probably help.
Author

Futility

God
Posted on 24-12-07 06:28
I think the forums should be better organized. For example, there should be a section for basic3 rather than just basic, and javascript 5 instead of just javascript etc. That way, people will be more prone to looking though previous articles rather than just posting one of his/her own and taking up space. Sorry if this was already suggested, it's 12:30 am here and I'm too tired to read through all the posts. (I got about halfway and realized that it was mostly people agreeing with previous posts and arguing about the ideas.)

i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/zanimabean/Zim.png
Futility91@hotmail.com Futility91
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-12-07 07:35
Futility wrote:
I think the forums should be better organized. For example, there should be a section for basic3 rather than just basic, and javascript 5 instead of just javascript etc. That way, people will be more prone to looking though previous articles rather than just posting one of his/her own and taking up space. Sorry if this was already suggested, it's 12:30 am here and I'm too tired to read through all the posts. (I got about halfway and realized that it was mostly people agreeing with previous posts and arguing about the ideas.)

Your suggestion would be nice but it is not necessary. It does not require much to find what a person needs. Certain individuals are lazy and expect shit to fall into their proximity, instead of them going to look for it.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-12-07 10:40
I agree with Swart on this, but for different reasons. I feel that having a separate forum board for every challenge is going to make the forum seem huge and empty. The less boards in a forum, the better. (imo)

Author

Futility

God
Posted on 24-12-07 19:51
SwartMumba wrote:
Certain individuals are lazy and expect shit to fall into their proximity, instead of them going to look for it.

If this is a dig at me, that wasn't my reason at all. I just thought that it would be nice for things to be a little more organized. After seeing the reasons against it though, I agree wholeheartedly with leaving it the way it is, and having people work (no matter how little it is) for what they want.

japanesedude wrote:
I feel that having a separate forum board for every challenge is going to make the forum seem huge and empty.

Good call.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-12-07 20:36
If this is a dig at me, that wasn't my reason at all.

No, I was not having a go at you.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-12-07 23:17
well what about a team speak server if enough people would use it i will run a 250 slot ts2 server

Author

Futility

God
Posted on 25-12-07 07:15
Even though my first idea didn't go down too well, I thought I'd give it another go. Maybe there could be an option when posting to make the SPOILER ALERT box show up, and in order to view whats inside you have to click on it. That way you don't go wandering the forums for hints and end up getting hit with a spoiler instead. I don't really know how hard this would be, but I've seen it on other forums so I know it's not impossible.

On a side note, I think Reelix had a great idea. In the Shoutbox he said, "I wish it would say WHY [Banned] users were banned... Going around the forums, there are millions!"

Merry Christmas

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 25-12-07 07:26
More pen testing challenges, with more exploits. Perhaps with some coding involved.

Edited by on 25-12-07 07:27
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 25-12-07 10:47
programming competitions, rooting servers/challenges, and what futility said, about telling people why they've been banned. I've had around 20 accounts banned at this site now Sad, no idea why

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 25-12-07 13:51
How about being able to sort in the forums? Being able to have the topics listed by subject, author, date, etc. in acsending and descending order?

Nothing monumental but it would be a nice addition.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 25-12-07 23:17
-cL wrote:
My opinion is that HBH should try to get some fresh blood in the staff. Also, it would be great if HBH got a date (perhaps, once a month?) which a new challenge came.

I think that there should be a monthly contest, where people can submit challenges and the best of the month wins or something like that

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 25-12-07 23:35
Haykuro wrote:
n00b filtering as mentioned before..

by a n00b filter i mean like:

0-100 points can only do challenges.
101-200 points can do challenges and post in shoutbox
201-300 points can do challenges, post in shoutbox, and post articles.
301-400 points can do challenges, post in shoutbox, post articles, and use the forums.

i dont like this idea. users shouldnt be limited to what they can do

Edited by on 25-12-07 23:36
Author

spyware

God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 26-12-07 00:16
-cL wrote:
My opinion is that HBH should try to get some fresh blood in the staff. Also, it would be great if HBH got a date (perhaps, once a month?) which a new challenge came.

Hell NO, the current staff is GREAT. The main problem is time-zones, when I got kicked out the Europe timezone got neglected.

I love the staff, I just hate the time-differences. Sheesh, fresh blood? The current blood is perfect damn it.

img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

spyware

God
Posted on 26-12-07 00:45
-cL wrote:
I mean, Keep the current staff and add some new!

That's like mixing wine with water.

[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

spyware

God
Posted on 26-12-07 01:03
-cL wrote:
So, if we think in the abstract way and see you as a possible candidate for admin status and if so, you call yourself a glass of water? xD

I'm just comparing. Although, I see a few good "wines" out there. A few, that is.

Most of them out there are clearly water-people.

[small]
- Carl Sagan
Author

What_A_Legend

Active User
Posted on 26-12-07 01:41
I feel, I am a great Candidate Pfft lol

Think about it.

New admin staff would not make a diffrence to this site its just hard to find time to code for HBH

i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/Golden_Lemur/legendsig.png

www.hellboundhackers.org/sig/r/7039.png
what_a_l3g3nd@hotmail.com www.wayneshears.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 26-12-07 15:08
I think a cool addition would be a thread for each challenge that only people who completed the challenge can use. To openly share how we went about doing it, without risking spoiling it for other people.
Author

mido

Your avatar

Monster
Posted on 26-12-07 15:49
lordwud wrote:
I think a cool addition would be a thread for each challenge that only people who completed the challenge can use. To openly share how we went about doing it, without risking spoiling it for other people.

Yes, that's also the idea that Projecteuler's threads work.

You can't access the challenge/problem's thread, but after you solve it you can, to share your codes, and the way you have solved it.

www.hellboundhackers.org/sig/r/16019.png

Edited by mido on 26-12-07 15:50
mido_eg3[at]hotmail.com
Page 7 of 8 << < 4 5 6 7 8 >