Your avatar

Posted on 25-11-06 14:30
whatever...

Edited by on 26-11-06 18:13
Author

RE: Team iMPLOSION is back!!

Your avatar

Posted on 25-11-06 14:43
do you guys have a site up? I'd be happy to do a practice round, since WebWars might never start (I submitted for a team last winter break, it is ow thankgiving break.,. give it a few weeks and it will be a year in dorment.)

Author

Uber0n

Hacker Level 3
Posted on 29-11-06 22:26
Hmm I'm registered at our site and I check the IRC sometimes, but I don't get any contact and our forums aren't very active lol..
Can someone who's responsible for our team please PM me with more info about the team, webwars and stuff?

Thanks B)
// Uber0n

img230.imageshack.us/img230/724/uber0nsig3hj6.gif
http://uber0n.web. . .
Nope http://uber0n.webs.com/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 01-12-06 13:22

Why you want to join: I would like to join too, because i think i could learn some new tricks. I've not been in the hacking scene for very long, but I've always wanted to destroy peoples websites when the in some way made me angry.

Languages: HTML - CSS - PHP - MSL - TCL - LUA - C++ - BATCH - JavaScript - Action Script - Visual Basic

Were you in iMP before: No.

-------------------------

My main language is Danish, but I'm quite familiar with English. So its no problem for me speaking it, well.. sometimes it is.

Now i hope you're able to make a space for me.

Edited by on 01-12-06 21:12
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 01-12-06 20:44
Why you want to join: I've never been on a team before, and since WWII is apparently starting tomorrow, I'd like to join.
Coding Languages: HTML, XML (dunno if that counts), PHP, CSS
Were you in iMP before: No

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 01-12-06 22:00
Just to clarify thing with the knowned language part. It's not because you've learned a language a month ago and you know the syntax that you necesserly know it. Knowing a language is also knowing how do think the best way using that language and being able to code something that have a minimum of complecity with it.

For example I'm learning C since the end of the summer. I'm actually doing a plateforme game a little bit like Super Mario with SDL (C lib). Even if I know the synthax of C and I'm able to do complex project in C, but I still have some difficulty with the general concept of C. I don't know C at 100%, but I can say that I'm very advanced in the learning of C.

Also for everyone information XML, HTML and CSS don't count as programming language. Programming language are consider as language in which you can give command that are executed. I'm not saying this because I can't do it. I'm actually working on the design a site for robotic competition. Take a look if you want http://www.i-csa.. . .rchemedia/
Also knowing CSS is being able to do desing like that.

I don't want to flame anybody with this. It's just my 2 cent or maybe more.

Edited by on 01-12-06 22:00
Author

Uber0n

Hacker Level 3
Posted on 02-12-06 13:39
Arto_8000 wrote:
It's not because you've learned a language a month ago and you know the syntax that you necesserly know it.

That's very well said. If you were supposed to write down every language you've written an applciation in, there'd be no point asking.

I say I know C++ and GML. I've been working with C++ for about 3 years and GML a bit more than 2 years, and I'm able to develop stuff in those languages when I need it.

Other ones like Java and stuff, I've only been working with for some months, and that isn't enough to say I know them Pfft

img230.imageshack.us/img230/724/uber0nsig3hj6.gif
http://uber0n.web. . .
Nope http://uber0n.webs.com/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 02-12-06 17:58
Arto_8000 wrote:
It's not because you've learned a language a month ago and you know the syntax that you necesserly know it.

Arto_8000 wrote:
Also for everyone information XML, HTML and CSS don't count as programming language.

First, youre right. And when do you know a language? I dont know danish, eventhough its my main language, because theres a lot of word that i dont know.

Secound, youre right again. But they asked for languages not programming languages.
I know you cant program with HTML or CSS, but still its a languge.

But its very good you're bringing it up, i just brought every language I've had experience with. (:

Edited by on 02-12-06 22:09
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2