Newest Member: Ahmed
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Author

Shoutbox Location

Your avatar

Posted on 05-10-09 04:18
It comes to my attention that the Shoutbox is slow. There isn't much talking going on within it. I believe it's because of its location. At least on my screen, it is very low, and I have to scroll down to find it.
I suggest moving it in place of the Bookmark This Page, Buddy List, or Email Newsletter location.

Author

RE: Shoutbox Location

stealth-

Mad User
Posted on 05-10-09 04:32
kenneth_nap wrote:
It comes to my attention that the Shoutbox is slow. There isn't much talking going on within it. I believe it's because of its location. At least on my screen, it is very low, and I have to scroll down to find it.
I suggest moving it in place of the Bookmark This Page, Buddy List, or Email Newsletter location.

Well, I have to disagree with you, I think the shoutbox gets a fine amount of conversation. I, too, have to scroll down to see it, however if we moved it up we would have to move the ad's and affiliates section down. Which unfortunately I dont think will pass. Besides, what would be shown there then when users are not logged in? I suppose we could move everything back up, but overall I just don't see the shoutbox fitting into the design anywhere else and still looking half decent.

The irony of man's condition is that the deepest need is to be free of the anxiety of death and annihilation; but it is life itself which awakens it, and so we must shrink from being fully alive.
http://www.stealt. . .
http://www.stealth-x.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-10-09 03:55
MoshBat wrote:
There's talk of moving things around the page... And I've just had an idea which I'm not going to share with you mere peasants.

If we're "mere peasants", what are you? What makes you so much better? And if you somehow are, why do you feel the need to state that you have an idea that you wont tell us?

Author

Futility

God
Posted on 06-10-09 04:03
Aye! Give unto us all knowledge that thou hast contained, or we shall be forced to send a messenger detailing that most heinous of crimes to the local blacksmith, who shall promptly begin preparations for a duel! We havest gained literacy, and we will stop at nothing until we earn our rights! Revolt! Revolution! Huzzah!

i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/zanimabean/Zim.png
Futility91@hotmail.com Futility91
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-10-09 06:45
The shoutbox doesn't seem particularly out of place, but it would be nice to have a separate page that offers a live feed of the shoutbox, a sort of chatbox that shares the same content as the shoutbox. I believe it's something ZI did when they first left HBH.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-10-09 22:14
Sqwertle wrote:
The shoutbox doesn't seem particularly out of place, but it would be nice to have a separate page that offers a live feed of the shoutbox, a sort of chatbox that shares the same content as the shoutbox. I believe it's something ZI did when they first left HBH.

Live feed would be ideal.

And as for not telling you folks, I feel you'd like the fucking surprise.

Although I do not like always being surprised; sometimes I love it. As for website changes, I prefer to be surprised. Thank you MoshBat for not spoiling the surprise.