View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Events | General

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Author

RE: School update

Your avatar

Posted on 09-10-09 18:43
usr_name wrote:

All i was trying to say was that everyone has a religion if they know it or not that was my point because yes there is more to religion than morals,you are right.

That is not true; not everyone has a religion. The whole basis of religion is the belief in a higher power. Not everyone believes in God. There is no proof for me to believe in him, which is why I'm agnostic. I'm not one to believe that some guy in sandals died for humans' sins after a woman made from a rib was convinced by a talking snake to eat from 'the tree of knowledge.' I'm not going to believe anything unless there is unequivocal proof for it. And I guarantee you there will never be unequivocal proof for it. No religious document that I have ever read has even nearly given sufficient proof for me to believe in it.

So what do I believe in?...I don't know. And I'm not going to pretend like I do. I'm not going to believe in God or some afterlife just because it gives other people hope that they will be able to continue their otherwise meaningless lives after they die. In the words of Socrates, "all I know is that I know nothing." I'm happy with this explanation, and it has made the most sense to me thus far.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2