Follow us on Twitter!
Society leans ever heavily on computers, if you have the power to take out computers you can take out society. - cubeman372
Monday, April 21, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 27
Guests Online: 24
Members Online: 3

Registered Members: 82858
Newest Member: alexxkim
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Questions

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Author

RE: Regarding the Creeping Death of HBH

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location: The Netherlands
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 07-05-12 20:12
AldarHawk wrote:
and since then we have began to assemble an elite team of developers and marketing masters


Namely: everyone who is willing to request a pull. Don't mention "elites" or "masters", there are none! This is open source development, anyone can contribute if he or she has something to bring to the table. I understand the need for some hierarchy to properly arrange stuff, but the less hierarchical fluff, the better.

AldarHawk wrote:
If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact What_A_Legend or myself and we will work with you to get the answers, if they are ones that can be divulged.


Backdoor meetings? Yeah, fuck no. Use the github wiki and set up a FAQ, and Q&A kind of thing. Information wants to be free, remember?



img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
“Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?” - Ebert
[/s

Edited by spyware on 07-05-12 20:13
http://bitsofspy.net
Author

RE: Regarding the Creeping Death of HBH

ellipsis
Member



Posts: 173
Location:
Joined: 13.06.09
Rank:
Uber Elite
Posted on 08-05-12 01:55
Arabian wrote:
Firebolt wrote:
Shock Looks like I was quoted... I just do happen to be in High School, but as you can see, I'm still pretty new and inexperienced. I happen to visit HellBound Hackers 4-5 or more times a week. I don't know if there is much I can do to help, but if you need me for something like moderating a thread or something, just PM me.
Good Luck and GrinHappy Hacking!:happy:


Holy shit I'm going to break your legs if I have to read blue text again.


LOL


10000101
Author

RE: Regarding the Creeping Death of HBH

stealth-
Member



Posts: 1003
Location: Eh?
Joined: 10.04.09
Rank:
Mad User
Posted on 08-05-12 05:21
@Arabian: Lmao xD

Spyware has an excellent point. Having a github repo might be be exactly what we need. That way, everyone can see development and participate. It's a shame we don't have access to Mordak's work (if there is any), but this is a step in the right direction for sure.

Obviously the logistics side of things will take a lot of work, as everyone would want to be sure to get things right. It is just very nice to be able to see the progress.

korg wrote:
If you guy's want to be involved stop yakking and get coding, send me some templates or what ever you got we'll look at everything!

As far as challenges go I have a shit ton of them sitting waiting to be uploaded, In the mean time like I said previously make up a few extra programming challenges to run some competitions. let's back off blaming anyone and get moving.


Very valid point.


The irony of man's condition is that the deepest need is to be free of the anxiety of death and annihilation; but it is life itself which awakens it, and so we must shrink from being fully alive.
http://www.stealt. . .
http://www.stealth-x.com
Author

RE: Regarding the Creeping Death of HBH

AldarHawk
Member



Posts: 1690
Location: Canada
Joined: 26.01.06
Rank:
Hacker Level 1
Posted on 08-05-12 13:23
spyware wrote:
Don't mention "elites" or "masters", there are none!


And you know this as a fact spyware?
You know all the people I have recruited to the team personally?
You know the professional standings of every single person on the team?
So please do not state things when you do not know all the people on the list man. I know you like to be cynical but please know all the facts before you go off your rocker.

spyware wrote:
This is open source development, anyone can contribute if he or she has something to bring to the table. I understand the need for some hierarchy to properly arrange stuff, but the less hierarchical fluff, the better.


Yes anyone can contribute. However, contribution has to fit within the development scheme. If people want to add their own little features, they are more than welcome to help us. But, that does not mean every piece of code will be in the final product. We are looking to build a site that is fast, secure and serves the purpose that we are targeting. The main reason that I am trying to get everything in order before development starts, is to ensure that we do not get into another HBH v2 situation where the programming starts, goals are not set thus not met and people complain about the lack of the change that was promised.

spyware wrote:
Backdoor meetings? Yeah, fuck no. Use the github wiki and set up a FAQ, and Q&A kind of thing. Information wants to be free, remember?

Yes, most things can be divulged on the wiki system from github. That being said, it is not something that at this point in the project I am looking to share with the world until we have everything set. My main point from the "talk to us" note that I made, is to ensure that people know that we are here to talk. It does not mean we are going to open all information to the world. Yes it does want to be shared, however, not all information is free. I understand where you are coming from spyware, but you must understand where I am coming from on this project. I am looking to bring this site back to the days of old and all of this bitching and moaning and negative hearsay is not the way to accomplish this. If you want HBH to succeed please trust in the new administration of the site.


Just ask Yahoo!Taboo! http://www.erikwestlake.com
Author

RE: Regarding the Creeping Death of HBH

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location: The Netherlands
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 08-05-12 16:17
AldarHawk wrote:
And you know this as a fact spyware?
You know all the people I have recruited to the team personally?
You know the professional standings of every single person on the team?
So please do not state things when you do not know all the people on the list man. I know you like to be cynical but please know all the facts before you go off your rocker.


Woosh, that's the sound of my point going over your head. When I stated that there are no "elites", I meant that anyone could contribute, and that their contributions have nothing to do with the hierarchy of elitism you have concocted.


Yes anyone can contribute. However, contribution has to fit within the development scheme. If people want to add their own little features, they are more than welcome to help us. But, that does not mean every piece of code will be in the final product.


Do you know how pull requests work?

We are looking to build a site that is fast, secure and serves the purpose that we are targeting. The main reason that I am trying to get everything in order before development starts, is to ensure that we do not get into another HBH v2 situation where the programming starts, goals are not set thus not met and people complain about the lack of the change that was promised.


It's a bit of PHP and SQL, not exactly rocket science.


Yes, most things can be divulged on the wiki system from github. That being said, it is not something that at this point in the project I am looking to share with the world until we have everything set.


It's an open source effort, share everything. Whatever conditions and arbitrary deadlines you've come up with... share them. They have to survive public scrutiny in order to be valid anyway.

My main point from the "talk to us" note that I made, is to ensure that people know that we are here to talk.


In public, I hope. In a forum everybody is able to read and post in.

It does not mean we are going to open all information to the world.


No, we're sharing everything.

Yes it does want to be shared, however, not all information is free.

...
I understand where you are coming from spyware, but you must understand where I am coming from on this project. I am looking to bring this site back to the days of old and all of this bitching and moaning and negative hearsay is not the way to accomplish this. If you want HBH to succeed please trust in the new administration of the site.


I trust nothing. Public scrutiny or die.



img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
“Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?” - Ebert
[/s
http://bitsofspy.net
Author

RE: Regarding the Creeping Death of HBH

AldarHawk
Member



Posts: 1690
Location: Canada
Joined: 26.01.06
Rank:
Hacker Level 1
Posted on 08-05-12 17:18
I do not want to get into a pissing match with you spyware because you are nothing but cynical about basically everything in life. However, I will answer some of your points quickly and expect some "snappy" remarks back again from you.

spyware wrote:
Do you know how pull requests work?

Yes.
spyware wrote:
It's a bit of PHP and SQL, not exactly rocket science.

Who said anything about PHP and SQL?
spyware wrote:
It's an open source effort, share everything. Whatever conditions and arbitrary deadlines you've come up with... share them. They have to survive public scrutiny in order to be valid anyway.

Yes, when the deadlines and everything are set, they will be on the GitHub page. That is why we made it.

spyware wrote:
In public, I hope. In a forum everybody is able to read and post in.

Not a promise, but all that is relevant will be.

*patiently awaits a standard spyware response*


Just ask Yahoo!Taboo! http://www.erikwestlake.com
Author

RE: Regarding the Creeping Death of HBH

newbee
Member



Posts: 127
Location: India
Joined: 27.12.11
Rank:
Active User
Warn Level: 20
Posted on 08-05-12 18:16
my suggestion :-

get a black background and some nice graphics with neon colours

and a chat system

and maybe some root - each - other games

i may sound noobish , but believe me , this can be the required change to revive our beloved HBH

p.s. fix the pm system fast , someone

and keep the flaming minimal


www.hellboundhackers.org/sig/r/64440.png
i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w488/ads99nrg/signature.png

Author

RE: Regarding the Creeping Death of HBH

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location: The Netherlands
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 08-05-12 18:39
AldarHawk wrote:
I do not want to get into a pissing match with you spyware because you are nothing but cynical about basically everything in life.


Even if this were true, I still take offense that you seem to equate a discussion with a "pissing match".


Yes.


Okay, if you know how this works, then why say things like "not [..] every piece of code will be in the final product"? It's a non-issue; people can fork, code and request a pull. If you properly document project goals, milestones and to-do's, we'll be fine.



Who said anything about PHP and SQL?


I guess this means we're going to use Ruby? I'm glad that we're able to break away from the PHP/SQL paradigm... What replacement for SQL did you have in mind?


Yes, when the deadlines and everything are set, they will be on the GitHub page. That is why we made it.


Okay, so when you say things like "it is not something [..] I am looking to share [..] until we have everything set.", what do you mean? Do you mean that setting deadlines and project goals is done by a certain group of people behind doors, and therefore invisible to the public eye? This obviously is a bad idea; this project is for the people and as such, they should have a say in the matter. You can't set project goals if you don't gauge the community.


Not a promise, but all that is relevant will be.


Here's a promise: I'll make sure there will be a public setting in which people can talk about this, and NO subject will be off limits... and there will be NO decision that can't be made or reverted.




img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
“Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?” - Ebert
[/s

Edited by spyware on 08-05-12 20:36
http://bitsofspy.net
Author

RE: Regarding the Creeping Death of HBH

Arabian
Banned



Posts: 332
Location: inside you.
Joined: 22.09.10
Rank:
Apprentice
Posted on 08-05-12 20:18
AldarHawk wrote:
spyware wrote:
Don't mention "elites" or "masters", there are none!


And you know this as a fact spyware?
You know all the people I have recruited to the team personally?
You know the professional standings of every single person on the team?
So please do not state things when you do not know all the people on the list man. I know you like to be cynical but please know all the facts before you go off your rocker.

spyware wrote:
This is open source development, anyone can contribute if he or she has something to bring to the table. I understand the need for some hierarchy to properly arrange stuff, but the less hierarchical fluff, the better.


Yes anyone can contribute. However, contribution has to fit within the development scheme. If people want to add their own little features, they are more than welcome to help us. But, that does not mean every piece of code will be in the final product. We are looking to build a site that is fast, secure and serves the purpose that we are targeting. The main reason that I am trying to get everything in order before development starts, is to ensure that we do not get into another HBH v2 situation where the programming starts, goals are not set thus not met and people complain about the lack of the change that was promised.

spyware wrote:
Backdoor meetings? Yeah, fuck no. Use the github wiki and set up a FAQ, and Q&A kind of thing. Information wants to be free, remember?

Yes, most things can be divulged on the wiki system from github. That being said, it is not something that at this point in the project I am looking to share with the world until we have everything set. My main point from the "talk to us" note that I made, is to ensure that people know that we are here to talk. It does not mean we are going to open all information to the world. Yes it does want to be shared, however, not all information is free. I understand where you are coming from spyware, but you must understand where I am coming from on this project. I am looking to bring this site back to the days of old and all of this bitching and moaning and negative hearsay is not the way to accomplish this. If you want HBH to succeed please trust in the new administration of the site.


Calling yourselves 'masters' and 'elites' is either incredibly high-minded and masturbatory, or a gimmick aimed at the lesser members to satisfy their anxiety. Either way, I do not believe anyone in the realm of webdev may call themselves masters, and I think I speak for all the older members and for the good of the newer members when I ask for honest rhetoric.

Also, being a master of PHP or Javascript is like being the master of riding a tricycle.


G'bye y'all! I was an asshole, So korg banned me.

Edited by Arabian on 08-05-12 20:54
Author

RE: I was quoted?

Firebolt
Member



Posts: 6
Location: Black Market
Joined: 19.01.12
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 08-05-12 23:17
Shock Looks like I was quoted... I just do happen to be in High School, but as you can see, I'm still pretty new and inexperienced. I happen to visit HellBound Hackers 4-5 or more times a week. I don't know if there is much I can do to help, but if you need me for something like moderating a thread or something, just PM me.
Good Luck and Happy Hacking!



Firebolt, you'll have no clue what it is.
Anonyops.com
Author

RE: Regarding the Creeping Death of HBH

AldarHawk
Member



Posts: 1690
Location: Canada
Joined: 26.01.06
Rank:
Hacker Level 1
Posted on 11-05-12 16:24
Okay, I am going to set everything straight (hopefully) in this post.

@spyware: I am not meaning that this discussion is a pissing match. What I meant by the comment is the fact that no matter what anyone says you always come at it negatively. You can look at all your historic posts and ask nearly all members who have had dealings with you. You can be extremely negative. It is really not good for your health.

I made a misstatement about the lack of SQL. What I meant to say is MySQL. We do not have all the details sorted out yet, but once we know exactly the route that we are taking with this, I will ensure that people know.

@others: When I state that I have masters and gurus I simply mean that I have a lot of people in the team that know a lot about the systems and different programming languages. I have people who have been working professionally as programmers in many languages, also ones who have been doing it for many years proficiently.

"A guru is a spiritual teacher, but is also used to refer to anyone knowledgeable in a particular area"

This is why I use the word, as there are many of the people who I have brought on board who are knowledgeable in the area of web programming within many languages.

Once again, I will keep you all informed as to the progress if the GitHub seems stagnant.


Just ask Yahoo!Taboo! http://www.erikwestlake.com
Author

RE: Regarding the Creeping Death of HBH

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location: The Netherlands
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 11-05-12 16:48
AldarHawk wrote:
stuff


You forgot to respond to my second, first half of the third, and fourth paragraph. Thanks for your response so far.



img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
“Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?” - Ebert
[/s
http://bitsofspy.net
Author

RE: Regarding the Creeping Death of HBH

SET
Member

Your avatar

Posts: 380
Location: 0
Joined: 22.02.07
Rank:
Moderate
Posted on 13-05-12 00:36
MY GOD. I havent seen all of u in ages



arcset.com/imgs/Comp 1_4.gif
ARCSET.com
Author

RE: Regarding the Creeping Death of HBH

reaper4334
Member



Posts: 315
Location: Uk
Joined: 24.11.06
Rank:
Moderate
Posted on 13-05-12 02:04
Well, I come back after about four years to this thread and here's what I think.

I'm with spyware.

When I used to frequent this site years ago, I often was willing to contribute and was always stalking around helping on forums and suggesting things.
I even submitted a few challenges, that I was told would be implemented, but would take a few months because there was a pretty big workload. Looking, even now four years later I can't see any of those challenges.

The problem with this site has always been the same. The people who are in a position to make changes and work on the site, work in a very closed-circle and are reluctant to share anything.
With many projects that works fine, a team of people can work together without having to share anything and can get a project completed.
Unfortunately, this is not that sort of project, because it's being done by people who have other priorities and who can often only communicate over the internet.

The solution is exactly what spyware is trying to say. Proper open-source development. Where absolutely anybody can make some attempt to fix, change or implement something.
Having them writing absolute shit is not a problem, it can just be ignored and not added (as I beleive spyware was trying to say when he mentioned how Pull Requests work)

The potential issue with this is exposing things that do need to be kept secure, such as login and user management. Simple, though. Have that seperate from the open source stuff.

This is a "hacking" community who claim to be big on freedom of information and not keeping secrets. The common cliche phrase "Practice what you preach" fits pretty well here.

Also, you're probably not arsed, but: Spyware, I admire your dedication. You've were here long before I was, and it seems that you have stayed along the way, and are still trying to push people on here to sort things out even though most of them seem to piss on your attempts. I'd have given up long ago if it were me.

tl;dr?
Rant about how HBH is managed by people who are too reluctant to open up and let the (very abled) community (who are probably more than willing to help) really contribute anything, without kissing the arse of some admins and jumping through some hoops first.



i129.photobucket.com/albums/p210/reaper4334/reaper.png

www.catb.org/hacker-emblem/glider.png
reaper4334@hotmail.co.uk http://reaper4334.freehostia.com
Author

RE: Regarding the Creeping Death of HBH

Firebolt
Member



Posts: 6
Location: Black Market
Joined: 19.01.12
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 13-05-12 02:46
I agree with Reaper, we could add some "wiki" like features allowing you to edit things such as articles.


Firebolt, you'll have no clue what it is.
Anonyops.com
Author

RE: Regarding the Creeping Death of HBH

Arabian
Banned



Posts: 332
Location: inside you.
Joined: 22.09.10
Rank:
Apprentice
Posted on 13-05-12 04:29
Listen to die Reaper, mein untermensch, and ye shall profit. Tell Daniel to either get his PUA ass on top of things, or pass the buck to someone who gives a damn.


G'bye y'all! I was an asshole, So korg banned me.
Author

RE: Regarding the Creeping Death of HBH

What_A_Legend
Member



Posts: 470
Location: On the Net
Joined: 12.04.06
Rank:
Active User
Posted on 13-05-12 12:52
A lot of people jumping to conclusions at the moment. Information is not currently available as it is still very much a work in process.

I can confirm the 'buck' has been passed from Dan to Aldar and myself. We are currently talking with Richo and trying to put together a new more stable server - this is needed as you can see from the problems we had last week.

We have given Korg permission to patch any serious projects with the site as well as post any missions challenges he sees fit.

As with all open source projects there is a team of developers that come up with the initial idea. Once this is done and the server is built this will be an open source development, as it currently stands we plan to re-build the whole site to be more scalable and robust and easier for members to create plugins.

As previously stated there is a github wiki and all information will be made available here in time.

If you allowed us to move on and not having to keep replying to these posts this information would of been given to you in due course and when we were ready for all members of the HBH community to help.

The plan is to build a community by the community as this is the way the internet should work.




i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/Golden_Lemur/legendsig.png

www.hellboundhackers.org/sig/r/7039.png
what_a_l3g3nd@hotmail.com www.wayneshears.com
Author

RE: Regarding the Creeping Death of HBH

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location: The Netherlands
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 13-05-12 14:46
What_A_Legend wrote:
As with all open source projects there is a team of developers that come up with the initial idea.


Anyone else dying of laughter? The "intial idea" has been pitched countless of times over the past four years...

Anyhow, what does "building the server" entail? Just setting up an environment in which an open source community can thrive? Also, who is setting the project goals, and who will be reviewing pull requests? How will the public be able to participate in those things?

You and aldarhawk keep mentioning a certain group of people who supposedly are deserving of more than a usual amount of influence in this project. How were those members chosen, and why? How will that group change over time, and why is there such a group in the first place?



img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
“Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?” - Ebert
[/s

Edited by spyware on 13-05-12 14:46
http://bitsofspy.net
Author

RE: Regarding the Creeping Death of HBH

Mb0742
Member



Posts: 198
Location:
Joined: 26.11.07
Rank:
Apprentice
Posted on 14-05-12 08:29
Its simple all we have to do is make HBH good.


Mb
javascript:alert("hi")
Author

RE: Regarding the Creeping Death of HBH

goluhaque
Member



Posts: 197
Location: India
Joined: 17.02.10
Rank:
Apprentice
Warn Level: 30
Posted on 14-05-12 11:22
Mb0742 wrote:
Its simple all we have to do is make HBH good.


Yeah, it's really is THAT easy.


Regardless, I throw in my lot with spyware. Unless you guys go open-source, you ain't gonna get the interest of the members. That's for sure.

Also, what language? What db?


That applause I receive from y'all on posting this post would have gotten me drunk on power if I hadn't already been high on life.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >