Follow us on Twitter!
It is never to LATE to become what you never WERE.
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 14
Guests Online: 13
Members Online: 1

Registered Members: 82889
Newest Member: Geriztul
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Hacking in general

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Author

RE: Question about proxies....

korg
Admin from hell



Posts: 2798
Location: ENDING YOUR ONLINE EXPERIENCE!
Joined: 01.01.06
Rank:
God
Posted on 26-09-09 09:51
WOW, That's all i can say. After reading this thread I'm not even going to bother quoting every misconstrued comment. All I'm going to say is I myself have been here a long time and have always strived to help and keep our member count alive. In my eyes NO ONE is immune to being warned or banned and I have no problem doing it. (Although I would rather reason with the person before going to this level). Spyware was banned for being ignorant and just down right a dick to everyone. I personally sent him Pm's to calm down so he wouldn't get banned to no avail, So whose fault is it ... His! Any person treating other members in a shit fashion continually will be dealt with. I understand that sometimes flaming is necessary, Hell I've done it myself, You'll always have that "Hey can you guy's h4x my friends myspace for me" guy and that's justifiable but certainly not for simply asking for help. As far as Admins I personally would like to keep our active members alive and add as many new ones as possible, If people have bitches or rants feel free to pm me, I'm always open minded. That's about enough for now so can we get back on topic, or the thread gets locked. Thanks for joining me in my frustration.



i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/korg1269/shodan13.jpg

I deal in pain, All life I drain, I dominate, I seal your fate.
O R
Author

RE: Question about proxies....


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 26-09-09 11:44
Only two actual replies... I see; though I had hoped for more, I guess I should be happy that an entire two people from the community saw the posts for what they meant and voiced their opinions. The rest sunk back into the renewed version of the previous argument, all because one person just had to continuously try to defend himself.
The point wasn't only about this latest of disputes, that was used mainly to strengthen a long standing point, which is best done with something timely that has occurred.

Everyone is throwing hypocrisy around as if it was the greatest all-proving point in the world. It has no meaning here, only for those who can't differentiate.
Everyone makes mistakes, trying to do something that isn't a mistake afterwards and making up for the mistake does not constitute hypocrisy. I hate to dabble in this little fight as it's not really mine to have, but I can't help but having to point out what no one else seems to have pointed out.
What's been said by the futile and desperate hypocrisy claims is that it's somehow alright to continue in a bad way because one once fucked up, as that apparently doesn't make oneself a hypocrite. This should be done instead of trying to make up for it and doing what one should do anyhow. I call bullshit on that. If someone wants to help and make a change even though once fucked up, I say it should be welcomed, not used to try and make that person seem like an unreliable hypocrite.

Furthermore, when you give out a password to someone who shouldn't have it in the first place, no matter what you try to tell yourself and others, you're always making a personal trust based decision. Rankings and privileges are irrelevant to it.
So MoshBat, I've got nothing personal against you, you should know that. However, this point you've tried to make, the card you've played against Futility. It's meaningless and holds no power nor point, realize it and stop this shit!

Specifically for korg, nobody is or has questioned your willingness to help, you of all people should realize that this hasn't been directed towards you. As I've said, this was a general outcry using a timely event to illustrate it.
And if we now must get hooked on this particular damned case, then surely you should see that the banning of spyware was based on a personal grudge more than what he was doing. Arguments from his part have lately mostly been directed towards MoshBat who has also argued back just as much. Besides their own arguments the one who has posted the greatest amount of unfriendly posts in any form is MoshBat. If you say you're not afraid to give out warns and spyware even got banned for it, you should surely at least give MoshBat a high warn for it as well. One member getting PM'd does not excuse the behaviour of another member.

Anyhow, I find it interesting how a lock always comes to a thread like this. Not when it was just the pointless, petty argumentation that was going on, even though more than 50% of the posts were concerned only or by a majority with that and not the original topic. No, it comes when something interesting has come up. So fine, let's disregard the point of the posts and lock this. Moderation is as fine as it has ever been. A shame that a mere two took their time to understand this and voice their opinions.


Author

RE: Question about proxies....

korg
Admin from hell



Posts: 2798
Location: ENDING YOUR ONLINE EXPERIENCE!
Joined: 01.01.06
Rank:
God
Posted on 26-09-09 12:10
Interesting, The thread would be locked because it is completely off-topic not because of opinions or comments. People are coming to this thread looking for information on proxies not outcries. Like I said before if you have a rant, gripe or complaint start your own thread. Also anyone I've seen acting out of line I pm to calm them down, It's more efficient and effective than bantering in the forums. Like I stated spyware had the choice to change or be banned he chose the latter, I myself liked spyware information he provided but most of the time he was out of line, I myself gave him a warn. As far as this whole Moshbat thing goes I personally think he has calm down and came a long way from what he used to be.
But again if people want to get out of line and make these forums a total
disgrace to the site, They will be warned or banned, If I got out of line I would expect the same to happen to me. (And it has in the past!).


i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/korg1269/shodan13.jpg

I deal in pain, All life I drain, I dominate, I seal your fate.
O R
Author

RE: Question about proxies....

Futility
Member



Posts: 725
Location: USA
Joined: 17.12.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 26-09-09 19:40
korg wrote:
Interesting, The thread would be locked because it is completely off-topic not because of opinions or comments. People are coming to this thread looking for information on proxies not outcries.

People coming to this thread hoping to find information regarding proxies should have been turned away by the first response. The fact that it's been open this long shows that off-topic posts don't matter as long as they're directed either at the OP or from someone 'important'. But as soon as the content gets serious... well... censorship will abound.

Like I said before if you have a rant, gripe or complaint start your own thread.

Do you know how many useless threads this would create? A point will be presented, misread, and forgotten about in a matter of minutes. By posting your qualms in an (already wasted) thread, you're insuring that the point is presented in the place where it belongs: the place where the (latest) offense occurred.

Also anyone I've seen acting out of line I pm to calm them down, It's more efficient and effective than bantering in the forums.

Where's my PM? Where's ynori's? Did mosh get one? Who has been acting out of line? If you really believe this is 'threadjacking' and you want it to end, you can't merely threaten, you have to follow through. And equally for everyone. That's my point. If you're going to warn other members for offenses such as these, then why haven't we been?

Like I stated spyware had the choice to change or be banned he chose the latter, I myself liked spyware information he provided but most of the time he was out of line, I myself gave him a warn.

Why did he have to change? Because he was insulting? Because he drove members away? What's more insulting or confidence-shattering than being told "You can't code one". No qualifiers, no "...unless you practice and do your research." No... nothing. Just flat-out "You're incompetent." Where's the warning for that? Where's the choice? Where's the justice?

As far as this whole Moshbat thing goes I personally think he has calm down and came a long way from what he used to be.

It's doubtful that he's even improved a little, let alone come a long way. But hey, it's all up to interpretation. I wonder how many people would agree with you here. I would ask people to speak their opinion, but chances are high that they wouldn't respond. People are stupid.


But again if people want to get out of line and make these forums a total
disgrace to the site, They will be warned or banned, If I got out of line I would expect the same to happen to me. (And it has in the past!).

This is my point. Everyone needs to follow the same rules, everyone needs to witness the same punishment. One member is warned for abusing others, everyone else should be, too.

Looks like the real winner in this thread is x_5631 for his spot-on prediction of the events that would unfold. I'd like to thank (the two of) you that actually had the initiative to respond.

Korg, I respect you, man. A lot. Nothing I've said previously had anything to do with you. I'm just looking for some consistency, some order, some justice. Face it, the site is dieing. Fast. And playing favorites isn't helping anything. Of course this isn't all that needs to be done, resuscitation takes a lot and requires motivation. It means that everyone has to get involved. And if there's anything I know about this site, it's that no one wants to take charge, no one wants to do any work. People have taken to declining new challenges because setting them up and maintaining them would be too much work. Hell, even allowing others to maintain them would be too much work. The funny thing is that even after seeing this, people will continue to do nothing and, by doing so, will continue to watch as the site falls apart. Good work, guys. Good work.


i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/zanimabean/Zim.png
Futility91@hotmail.com Futility91
Author

RE: Question about proxies....

ynori7
Member



Posts: 1486
Location: #valhalla
Joined: 08.10.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 26-09-09 21:16
korg wrote:
As far as this whole Moshbat thing goes I personally think he has calm down and came a long way from what he used to be.

It may look that way to the untrained eye, but it's only because he was forced to take the defensive. He couldn't be insulting everybody else because he was too busy trying to defend against spy's attacks.


halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

RE: Question about proxies....


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 26-09-09 23:34
THEN WHO WAS PHONE?
Author

RE: Question about proxies....

korg
Admin from hell



Posts: 2798
Location: ENDING YOUR ONLINE EXPERIENCE!
Joined: 01.01.06
Rank:
God
Posted on 26-09-09 23:38
Futility Posted:

Where's my PM? Where's ynori's? Did mosh get one? Who has been acting out of line? If you really believe this is 'threadjacking' and you want it to end, you can't merely threaten, you have to follow through. And equally for everyone. That's my point. If you're going to warn other members for offenses such as these, then why haven't we been?


Threadjacking is not what I'm concerned about, It's the insulting, swearing and acting like a total dick to new and existing members. Let me give an example: Johnny hacker wants to code a bruteforcer in a google search he finds our site and says hey these guys are cool. He joins, jumps in the forums and asks but is responded by: "Your an idiot learn to code, Fuck off and die, Dipshit etc... He says this site sucks and never comes back. Guess what so do hundreds of other people who find that thread in a google search. This is what I'm talking about and yes people who are or were acting like this are the ones I set messages to.
I'm not going to list who I talked to they know, But I don't send threats just advise on how to act. If you have a problem with another member use the pm's. I DO NOT and will NOT play favorites the same goes for everyone, Hell I liked spy he had his moments but what can you do. You can only help those who want help.

As for the rest of this I've been here almost 4 yrs now. I like the site and the fact that you can help people, Which I try to do as much as possible, There's no way I'm going to sit back and let this place die.
New things are in the works, I have some plans myself just have faith people.


i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/korg1269/shodan13.jpg

I deal in pain, All life I drain, I dominate, I seal your fate.

Edited by korg on 26-09-09 23:57
O R
Author

RE: Question about proxies....


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 27-09-09 23:11
Cough.
Author

RE: Question about proxies....

ynori7
Member



Posts: 1486
Location: #valhalla
Joined: 08.10.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 27-09-09 23:13
f16e7 wrote:
THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

f16e7 wrote:
Cough.

What the hell is wrong with you? You must be stupid.


halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

RE: Question about proxies....

korg
Admin from hell



Posts: 2798
Location: ENDING YOUR ONLINE EXPERIENCE!
Joined: 01.01.06
Rank:
God
Posted on 28-09-09 01:11
ynori7 wrote:
f16e7 wrote:
THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

f16e7 wrote:
Cough.

What the hell is wrong with you? You must be stupid.


I'm thinking, Yeah.


i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/korg1269/shodan13.jpg

I deal in pain, All life I drain, I dominate, I seal your fate.
O R
Author

RE: Question about proxies....


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 28-09-09 01:24
I see newbies asking low level questions. I see some old members bashing them. Regardless of the fact whether there was a good reason for bashing or there wasn't, but I don't see high level questions in this forum.
Do old members here who pretend to know everything really have that ultimate knowledge in IT security? A big question mark is asked here. Why the hell I don't see older members posting some threads and asking questions to other members? Why some members are arrogant? (WE can't deny this fact!). Another question to ask: Is this community only a school to teach newbies and to answer their questions or also for IT security professionals to share their ideas?
I sometimes see some high or let's say medium quality threads that get fucked up from the first or second reply due to some arrogant and ignorant assholes who pretends to know the answer while they hide behind their keyboards and try to throw their shit all over the place!
I'm not trying to attack any member in here neither I'm trying to classify myself in any category. I admit that I'm not an active member in here (some work shit and other things aren't helping), but since the day I joined I realized that this community deserves better than the actual environment and all the shit in the forums and behind the curtains. Despite of my busy time, I created stegano_22 and tried to contribute a very little. I really like this community to stay. I don't mean an alive host on this internet, but a high quality community of newbies AND professionals.
For all arrogant people in here. Not all thread starters are skids! They might be better than you so don't fuckin ruin threads just because you think that you joined this community before the OP or because you THINK you are super_1337s. Flaming are welcome when necessary. Dumbass and stupid people should be flamed. But don't take this as a green card!

I would like to thank Futility for his fighting against injustice. I would also like to thank korg for being a good admin who really cares about the community. Also a thank for all the other members who _contributed/are_contributing to this community, each on his way.

Thank you all.

(PS: Sorry for my bad English.)


Author

RE: Question about proxies....

AldarHawk
Member



Posts: 1690
Location: Canada
Joined: 26.01.06
Rank:
Hacker Level 1
Posted on 28-09-09 12:37
Wow is all I am going to say. I do not visit the site for the weekend and this thread turns into this?

Yes, some of the things I said were out of line. No I do not regret any of them. Yes I DO always try to help when I can, unless I am in a piss of a mood (which is when I should not visit the site). This all being said, I am saddened that Spy was banned because he is a great guy. Yes his wit did over do it some times, but that is the fun of it. Mosh basically just did what was described...He just basically told all to GFTS.

That being said, if the OP is still around, please post so we can get to the bottom of your question. Some of the old members do still want to help...


Just ask Yahoo!Taboo! http://www.erikwestlake.com
Author

RE: Question about proxies....


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 28-09-09 18:27
Well after looking into some PHP and reading that tutorial that Mosh gave, I'm trying to go further than that. I read through the code of the tutorial which Mosh gave and I understood it completely.. Which by the way, I'm quite proud of, I know that there are much better coders on this site, but, go away, I'm proud of understanding the code. Live with it. So now I was thinking, if I set up a proxy script, on several different servers, I would be able to bounce it so that it goes through several different IPs.. Just an idea... Might not work.. And probably too advanced.
And just by the by, I think everyone's being a bit harsh on Mosh... I know sometimes he can be a bit of a dick, however he is actually quite helpful sometimes.. In his own little way, and on MSN he's not bad... He's helped quite a lot in the past.. And also, even when it's directed at me, I find his flaming amusing.. That, of course, doesn't give him the right to act like a dick, but, I believe (this is just my personal opinion) that he's given quite a lot to the community and if not, to individuales like myself..
And thanks for so much feed back.. Even if some of it was completely off topic Pfft


Author

RE: Question about proxies....

AldarHawk
Member



Posts: 1690
Location: Canada
Joined: 26.01.06
Rank:
Hacker Level 1
Posted on 28-09-09 19:50
okay SaMTHG,
Yes it can work that way, though I very much doubt you would not get a dropped connection if you go too deep. Also loading will be crap.
If you are looking to build a Proxy via PHP it is a great tool to learn it all. However, if you are aiming on just learning the PHP snippets to get it done, then You are on the right track. I am glad you learned how to get the basics coded, but now try to take it one step further, figure out how to do forwarding of Flash and the likes via the Proxy, this is the hardest part of a real Proxy. That is why many PHP Proxies suck, because this is a small drawback of server side code like this. AJAX may be a good language to look into for this, however, do not take my word for this as I am nothing more than an average PHP developer so I do not know AJAX well at all. But keep it up and I am proud that you are learning.

On the subject of MoshBat. There are many ways he could have passed his information onto the users without being a total ass. Yes it is fun to read once in a while, however, if you are looking to build a great site that keeps the old users that know what they are doing, one will not want this type of activities (note the Spyware banning to know what I am talking about). Yes, it is fun, but again, it drives off the people who actually know what they are talking about and help out. It will also drive people away, that, given the right handling, could learn a lot and have a lot of potential, but by getting driven away, may turn in to the dreaded "S" word. So think about that before you go slandering people for asking questions. That is the point of this type of forum. To ask questions YOU DO NOT KNOW THE ANSWER TO!!!

Anyways, I am done my ranting. Sorry for all the crap that has happened here. I hope you keep learning the things you need to progress the way you want to SaMTHG.


Just ask Yahoo!Taboo! http://www.erikwestlake.com
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2