Follow us on Twitter!
Capitalism is an Island of wealth in a sea of poverty
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 20
Guests Online: 20
Members Online: 0

Registered Members: 82889
Newest Member: Geriztul
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Questions

Author

Probs with telnet


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 24-05-07 23:40
Hello to every1 at HBH. I'm new, and I just started with basics. I got stucked when using telnet to hack a site. Now, whenever I try to connnect to a site (like google in one of the articles) my connection just seems to hang. I was wondering if it takes so long or is there any problem. Thx in forward.
Author

RE: Probs with telnet


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 24-05-07 23:45
Not suer if this is your case, but when you tamper with servers they sometimes add a disallow and disallow your IP from accessing the server. This has happened to me a few times when attempting penetration tests.
Author

RE: Probs with telnet


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 25-05-07 00:38
Aceee wrote:
Hello to every1 at HBH. I'm new, and I just started with basics. I got stucked when using telnet to hack a site. Now, whenever I try to connnect to a site (like google in one of the articles) my connection just seems to hang. I was wondering if it takes so long or is there any problem. Thx in forward.


you're a huge idiot.
you can't "hack" with telnet.
go back to reading textfiles from the 80s, buddy.


Author

RE: Probs with telnet


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 25-05-07 01:16
lesserlightsofheaven wrote:
Aceee wrote:
Hello to every1 at HBH. I'm new, and I just started with basics. I got stucked when using telnet to hack a site. Now, whenever I try to connnect to a site (like google in one of the articles) my connection just seems to hang. I was wondering if it takes so long or is there any problem. Thx in forward.


you're a huge idiot.
you can't "hack" with telnet.
go back to reading textfiles from the 80s, buddy.


Not necessarily. There have been countless security holes found in telnet, and pretty recent. Here's a blog on a 0day found in Sun's software:

http://blogs.zdne. . .rity/?p=31

GrinWink

Edited by on 25-05-07 01:17
Author

RE: Probs with telnet


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 25-05-07 01:35
slpctrl wrote:

Not necessarily. There have been countless security holes found in telnet, and pretty recent. Here's a blog on a 0day found in Sun's software:

http://blogs.zdne. . .rity/?p=31

GrinWink


this is true, however, I'm sure this guy isn't aware of the fact that you have to try to exploit the service rather then the port. also, he said he was trying to "hack a site", not "hack a machine", which further proves his ignorance to how telnet functions.

:happy:


Author

RE: Probs with telnet


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 25-05-07 01:37
lesserlightsofheaven wrote:
slpctrl wrote:

Not necessarily. There have been countless security holes found in telnet, and pretty recent. Here's a blog on a 0day found in Sun's software:

http://blogs.zdne. . .rity/?p=31

GrinWink


this is true, however, I'm sure this guy isn't aware of the fact that you have to try to exploit the service rather then the port. also, he said he was trying to "hack a site", not "hack a machine", which further proves his ignorance to how telnet functions.

:happy:


Oh, I don't disagree at all I'm sure he had no clue what he was talking about. But it's still true that you can exploit telnet SmilePfft