Follow us on Twitter!
The measure of a mans life is not how well he dies, but how well he lives.
Monday, April 21, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 26
Guests Online: 26
Members Online: 0

Registered Members: 82852
Newest Member: sockpuppets
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Author

Portfolio

Your avatar

Posted on 06-09-08 03:45
This is just a suggestion, but I like the idea of having on this site a personal user portfolio where a user can keep all of his personal, prized code. Maybe links in that user's profile to each bit of code with some text on top...maybe 'portfolio'. What do you guys think? Deviantart has something somewhat like this, but is geared more towards art than code.

Author

RE: Portfolio

Your avatar

Posted on 06-09-08 03:56
Even thoug some might argue that is what the code bank is for, I happen to find that an excellent idea. You can go and look at the code of someone that you know actually has talent (say you, korg, spy or zephyr, richo, jj et. al (If your name is not here and you contibute to the site, consider your self recognized "Wink ) instead of looking thorough prank code , plagiarized code and "batch bombers" for the millionth time.

Edited by on 06-09-08 03:58
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-09-08 03:57
Pwnzall wrote:
Even thoug some might argue that is what the code bank is for, I happen to find that an excellent idea. You can go and look at the code of someone that you know actually has talent (say you, korg, spy or zephyr, richo, jj et. al) instead of looking thorough prank code , plagiarized code and "batch bombers" for the millionth time.

Yeah, exactly. I mean it could even link to the code in the code bank, but just be labeled 'portfolio' in your profile with links to all of your code. I think this would be awesome Smile.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-09-08 04:13
I mean, I just hate to even post any code because it's usually not even looked at, it's in a heap of crappy/stolen code (though there is some excellent code in there, I'm not saying there's not), which is why I don't even bother. It'd also be nice to have the ability to edit your code in your portfolio. And it doesn't seem too terribly difficult to implement at all Pfft.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-09-08 04:37
Or... there could be a voting system in the code bank as well. Snippets that have a higher rating could appear closer to the top of the list than the crap ones.

Either that, or personal code bank submissions could show up in a person's profile, like the articles already do. That would be much simpler than coding a portfolio system of some sort... since it would operate similarly to how the article listing does.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-09-08 04:39
Zephyr_Pure wrote:
Or... there could be a voting system in the code bank as well. Snippets that have a higher rating could appear closer to the top of the list than the crap ones.

Either that, or personal code bank submissions could show up in a person's profile, like the articles already do. That would be much simpler than coding a portfolio system of some sort... since it would operate similarly to how the article listing does.

Did you read my posts? That's the 'portfolio' I was requesting. Just basically putting the code in your portfolio. I was just wondering because I was organizing all my code and putting together a portfolio, and I have tons of great work and I thought something similar here would be great.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-09-08 04:43
slpctrl wrote:
Did you read my posts? That's the 'portfolio' I was requesting. Just basically putting the code in your portfolio. I was just wondering because I was organizing all my code and putting together a portfolio, and I have tons of great work and I thought something similar here would be great.

Does my post read like yours? No, mine is clearer because I didn't dick around with my thoughts like you did. Thanks for the input, smartass.

Edited by on 06-09-08 04:44
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-09-08 04:45
Zephyr_Pure wrote:
slpctrl wrote:

Does my post read like yours? No, mine is clearer because I didn't dick around with my thoughts like you did. Thanks for the input, smartass.

I didn't mean to be a smartass. And I'm slightly intoxicated right now Pfft. My apologies. Here's what I'd like, basically:

Code in your profile
Perhaps the ability to edit your code

I think you need a mixdrank, good sir B)

Edited by on 06-09-08 04:46
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-09-08 04:48
slpctrl wrote:
Code in your profile
Perhaps the ability to edit your code

I think you need a mixdrank, good sir B)

See... that reads SO much better. I like those ideas a lot. Wink

...and mix drinks are for girls. I drink my liquor straight, sir.

Author

ynori7

God
Posted on 06-09-08 04:49
I think that the code bank should work exactly like the articles. We should just have a few more people with coding knowledge volunteer to review code submissions to eliminate some of the crap we get, and there should be a "latest code" list, and the code bank submissions should appear at the bottom of the user's profile.

halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-09-08 04:49
How's about one for ol' times sake B)?

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-09-08 04:56
Pwnzall wrote:
How's about one for ol' times sake B)?

*pours Pwnzall a graygoose with cranberry juice*

B)

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-09-08 05:04
ynori7 wrote:
I think that the code bank should work exactly like the articles. We should just have a few more people with coding knowledge volunteer to review code submissions to eliminate some of the crap we get, and there should be a "latest code" list, and the code bank submissions should appear at the bottom of the user's profile.

Yep. I'd definitely volunteer for that.

Author

ynori7

God
Posted on 06-09-08 05:19
Zephyr_Pure wrote:

Me too. I'm sure others would be willing as well. I think something needs to be done for the code bank because it's a bit of a mess, and it should be one of the main attractions for the site.

halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

spyware

God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 06-09-08 12:42
Reporting for duty!

No but really, I've checked articles before (as a mod and admin). I know what the deal is with this crap. You need to reject, and send the guy or girl who wrote it a polite PM with information of the rejection.

Yes, polite.

img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
“Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?” - Ebert
[/s
http://bitsofspy.net
Author

clone4

Mad User
Posted on 06-09-08 13:43
spyware wrote:
Reporting for duty!

No but really, I've checked articles before (as a mod and admin). I know what the deal is with this crap. You need to reject, and send the guy or girl who wrote it a polite PM with information of the rejection.

Yes, polite.

Gotta be tough for you Smile But I mean that could be taken care of like, that the same pm would be send to the user if his code/article has been rejected, like you get pm that your EM has expired... And I mean 'information of rejection' ? Well long story short it was because what you've submitted probably was crap including not enough/misleading info. or it just wouldn't fulfil the standarts of the site. I know I'm talking about this like it's really easy, not considering the implementation etc. but still think it would save a lot of time and shoutbox posts like "why my article has been rejected?" or "when will admins review my article?"

@ynori7: Question is if you found enough skilled people with enough time to do that... Maybe good idea would be to maintain the rating system for the code, and the best rated code would get to be displayed on the main page, that way the good code could be seen by any visitor

Also sry to make an offtopic but had this on my mind for a while: I'd change the CP for article system. Why do you get 15 for every article, even if it's total crap? I think good system would be to give the person 1 CP for every good rating and take away one for every bad rating...

[img][/img]img164.imageshack.us/img164/5713/perlvl0.jpg

clone4.freehostia.com/ubuntu_3.png
spyware - "They see me trollin'..."
<yaragn> ever seen that movie? The Matrix?
<yaragn> with those green lines of flying text?
<yaragn> *THAT'S* Perl

Edited by clone4 on 06-09-08 13:55
clone_4@hotmail.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-09-08 17:13
ynori7 wrote:
Zephyr_Pure wrote:

Me too. I'm sure others would be willing as well. I think something needs to be done for the code bank because it's a bit of a mess, and it should be one of the main attractions for the site.

Yup, I completely agree. And I'd be more inclined to post code if all of my code showed up in my profile B).