Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Programming

Author

Perl/Perl2Exe problem...

Your avatar

Posted on 29-04-09 18:46
Hello,
In short, I coded a Win32 GUI program in Perl. It is interpreted and run correctly without any kind of error. The main feature of the code is that it posts something to a website form using the WWW:Mechanize module.

When I convert this Perl code (don't want to say compile) to an executable file using Perl2Exe, I run it, click the post button and get an error like "There is no form with the requested fields at line...". => Of course, this posting issue has something to do with the Mechanize module. I have the latest release of this module (1.54) + the latest ActivePerl release (ActivePerl-5.10.0.1004) + the latest Perl2Exe release (9.1).

I used Perl2Exe a while ago, converted a similar code functionality of the one mentioned above and everything worked fine. The only difference is that there might be some modules and libraries change. I tried to reinstall all the Perl and the modules again but still have the same problem.

Any ideas?
Have someone before encountered a similar problem?

*I don't want to hear the "Windows sucks" and the "use TAR instead of Perl2Exe" phrases, because this application is intended for Windows users.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.

Edited by on 29-04-09 19:22
Author

RE: Perl/Perl2Exe problem...

Your avatar

Posted on 29-04-09 19:48
MoshBat wrote:
Perl just doesn't compile or convert, as you say, very well.
Try different "compilers".

Perl2Exe used to work before.

Author

AldarHawk

Hacker Level 1
Posted on 29-04-09 20:29
have you attempted using par and LWP::UserAgent in place of your current configuration?

Just ask Yahoo!Taboo! http://www.erikwestlake.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 29-04-09 23:20
AldarHawk wrote:
have you attempted using par and LWP::UserAgent in place of your current configuration?

Since 2006, I use WWW:Mechanize. I'm used to it. I didn't test if the LWP::UserAgent module works with Perl2Exe (I will do), but I don't need to change my already made applications (thousands lines of code) to it.
As for PAR, I didn't test it before if it can make executable files for windows. But the thing is that I don't usually like to mask the problems/errors and run away. That's why I want to solve the Perl2Exe issue and know its reasons since I used to use it and everything used to work fine.

Anyways, this might be a compatibility problem between Perl2Exe and some new Perl modules. I'll talk to the staff.