Follow us on Twitter!
Ideas are far more powerful than guns.
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 40
Guests Online: 32
Members Online: 8

Registered Members: 82903
Newest Member: Piriformis
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Author

People getting upset about posts.


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 05-06-10 02:56
Has anyone but me noticed that whenever someone bumps an old thread or something similar that there are 10 replies complaining about it? Every time, the replies are complaints about useless posts and there are 10,000 of them in the forum. I would say they're very useless posts, themselves. There are 10,000 bump reaction posts in the forum, and someone still responds with 10 complaints every time a thread is bumped.
Frown


Author

RE: People getting upset about posts.

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location:
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 05-06-10 02:58
I don't think that you need to worry about HBH getting too crowdy these days.



img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

RE: People getting upset about posts.

ynori7
Member



Posts: 1486
Location: #valhalla
Joined: 08.10.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 05-06-10 03:18
BaburuBoburu wrote:
Has anyone but me noticed that whenever someone bumps an old thread or something similar that there are 10 replies complaining about it? Every time, the replies are complaints about useless posts and there are 10,000 of them in the forum. I would say they're very useless posts, themselves. There are 10,000 bump reaction posts in the forum, and someone still responds with 10 complaints every time a thread is bumped.
Frown

No, I haven't noticed. There's usually only one post pointing out that the thread is dead, and this post actually does serve two useful purposes. Firstly, it informs the poster to not expect the OP to give a response since the topic is long dead. Secondly, it informs the poster that he/she should pay more attention to timestamps in the future.


halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

RE: People getting upset about posts.


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 05-06-10 03:20
Heh, a complaint about complaints? Now we just need someone to complain about this.
Where's Xzibit when you need him?


Author

RE: People getting upset about posts.


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 05-06-10 15:31
Every forum I've ever used has thousands and thousands of bumped thread complaint posts on it and links to ESR's etiquette guide.


Author

RE: People getting upset about posts.


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 05-06-10 16:15
I have no idea why people bitch about bumping dead threads. If you didn't people would bitch about using the forum search function.

Oh wait I know why. Cause most people are whiny bitches.


Author

RE: People getting upset about posts.

ynori7
Member



Posts: 1486
Location: #valhalla
Joined: 08.10.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 05-06-10 19:11
wolfmankurd wrote:
Oh wait I know why. Cause most people are whiny bitches.

Or even more likely because it's annoying and because people can't seem to figure that out on their own.


halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

RE: People getting upset about posts.


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 06-06-10 00:33
Oh yeah sorry guys. Your bumped threads are getting in the way of the important shit.
3 introductions.
2 bitching about how the challenges are shit.
And a bump.

The other thread must have been answered a million times.

I see no reason why a thread no matter how old. Pertaining exactly to your needs with only a few posts should get everyone up in arms.


Author

RE: People getting upset about posts.


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 06-06-10 02:28
Why can't one post be enough of a response to bumping or other offenses... If you say something about it, you say something about it. End of discussion. If it's worth 10 responses, it should be worth deleting or warning or some other moderation.
If that's not true, that's an obvious fault of the forum rules and moderation rules - not the person posting one post and getting 10 pissed off responses.




Edited by on 06-06-10 02:29
Author

RE: People getting upset about posts.


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 06-06-10 02:47
I have ample evidence. Every forum on the internet that has 1,000,000 posts has 100,000 pissed off response posts and every time anyone says anything that offends or accidentally bumps a thread (or intentionally) there are 10 more pissed off response posts and links to ESR's etiquette. Every time people post pissed off response posts they are the people that constantly complain about the stupid posts that people are posting all the time, and they're filling every goddamn forum on the internet with pissed off response posts and links to ESR's etiquette... to what - make up for it? It makes absolutely no sense. It isn't specific to this site.
By the way, try listing all the posts complaining about the pissed off response posts (not threads) from this site. You'll have to comb the entire site to come up with 3 unless you have them saved to a text file already.
EDIT: And I'm sure you can't come up with 3 threads.




Edited by on 06-06-10 02:56
Author

RE: People getting upset about posts.


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 06-06-10 02:50
How do you bump a thread? You post in it. If the thread is useless leave it rather than keep it afloat with inane posts about this old blah blah blah.

Surely that's the epitome of hypocrasy.


Author

RE: People getting upset about posts.

chess_rock
Member



Posts: 244
Location:
Joined: 20.02.08
Rank:
Apprentice
Posted on 06-06-10 02:55
BaburuBoburu wrote:
I have ample evidence. Every forum on the internet that has 1,000,000 posts has 100,000 pissed off response posts and every time anyone says anything that offends or accidentally bumps a thread (or intentionally) there are 10 more pissed off response posts and links to ESR's etiquette. Every time people post pissed off response posts they are the people that constantly complain about the stupid posts that people are posting all the time, and they're filling every goddamn forum on the internet with pissed off response posts and links to ESR's etiquette... to what - make up for it? It makes absolutely no sense. It isn't specific to this site.
By the way, try listing all the posts complaining about the pissed off response posts (not threads) from this site. You'll have to comb the entire site unless you have them saved to a text file already.


If you're so annoyed by angry responses on every single forum you go, then you should consider not participating in any forum anymore. You could program your own forum, and everytime those things happened, you could simply delete the posts.

The fact is, there is no need to continue with your anger. Moshbat told you that if you want to be heard, since you're new here, you should provide evidence to support your hypothesis. Go there and grab your evidences and post here all the threads you find. There is no need to continue with this useless arguing.

Edited by chess_rock on 06-06-10 02:55
Author

RE: People getting upset about posts.


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 06-06-10 02:59
I didn't start an argument. I'm pointing out objective facts. I can't upload forums with 100,000 pissed off response posts and links to ESR's etiquette, can I? What I said was, try coming up with 3 forums posts from this site that aren't from this thread that say something about the pile of pissed off response posts getting higher and higher just like every other forum... If I had enough of a problem with it, I wouldn't have posted in this forum... but it's seriously like no one even thinks about it.




Edited by on 06-06-10 03:00
Author

RE: People getting upset about posts.

chess_rock
Member



Posts: 244
Location:
Joined: 20.02.08
Rank:
Apprentice
Posted on 06-06-10 03:08
Hey there BaburuBoburu, you're annoying. Congratulations. I'm out. I guess you should all do the same thing so this guy will stop posting.
Author

RE: People getting upset about posts.

yours31f
Member



Posts: 1678
Location: Dallas Texas
Joined: 27.04.07
Rank:
Elite
Posted on 06-06-10 07:59
So, (insert your religion here) sucks. Enough said.


Debugging is what programmers do to beta software to make it take up more room on your hard drive if it is running too efficiently.


img259.imageshack.us/img259/3713/sigr.png

yours31f@live.com yours31f@yahoo.com rpwd.info
Author

RE: People getting upset about posts.


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 07-06-10 05:17
chess_rock wrote:
If you're so annoyed by angry responses on every single forum you go, then you should consider not participating in any forum anymore. You could program your own forum, and everytime those things happened, you could simply delete the posts.

One last post:
1. If you're upset enough by stupid posts that you have to post 5-10 angry responses every time you see one, why don't you quit using forums.
2. If you're upset about stupid posts, start recognizing 5-10 angry responses as stupid posts. It's an objective fact.




Edited by on 07-06-10 05:19
Author

RE: People getting upset about posts.

stealth-
Member



Posts: 1003
Location: Eh?
Joined: 10.04.09
Rank:
Mad User
Posted on 07-06-10 05:26
BaburuBoburu wrote:
chess_rock wrote:
If you're so annoyed by angry responses on every single forum you go, then you should consider not participating in any forum anymore. You could program your own forum, and everytime those things happened, you could simply delete the posts.

One last post:
1. If you're upset enough by stupid posts that you have to post 5-10 angry responses every time you see one, why don't you quit using forums.
2. If you're upset about stupid posts, start recognizing 5-10 angry responses as stupid posts. It's an objective fact.


Baburu, this thread is going nowhere. Your arguing about something very pointless. Best case scenario, we put in a warning system that warns people before they post in a thread over 2 months old. Worst case, we leave it as it is and complain the fuck out of it.

The best case scenario isn't going to happen any time soon, and your just making the worst case scenario a reality.

Can't we just all just drop it and have a group hug?


The irony of man's condition is that the deepest need is to be free of the anxiety of death and annihilation; but it is life itself which awakens it, and so we must shrink from being fully alive.
http://www.stealt. . .
http://www.stealth-x.com
Author

RE: People getting upset about posts.


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 07-06-10 05:34
If what I'm talking about is pointless to even think about, then 5-10 angry response posts are too. There's no difference. It's never going to make a difference to anyone, anywhere to complain (but somehow technically not flame) people every single time they don't follow ESR's etiquette. It still happens everywhere on the internet and it always will unless someone comes up with good prevention for it... I don't think they will. You're pointing out that 5-10 angry responses teach 1 person what not to do. If you're saying it teaches everyone what not to do, you've obviously never used a forum.




Edited by on 07-06-10 05:46
Author

RE: People getting upset about posts.

fashizzlepop
Member



Posts: 482
Location: Old folks home.
Joined: 08.04.08
Rank:
Moderate
Posted on 07-06-10 06:36
BaburuBoburu wrote:
I have ample evidence. Every forum on the internet that has 1,000,000 posts has 100,000 pissed off response posts and every time anyone says anything that offends or accidentally bumps a thread (or intentionally) there are 10 more pissed off response posts and links to ESR's etiquette.


Ample evidence? More like extremely exagerrated, generalized, probably made up off the top of your head, statements.

You would get ass raped in prison for YEARS if that was your defense.


"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
~Albert Einstein~


csullivan.codeinspire.net/images/boomsig2.png
fashizzlepop@gmail.com http://csullivan.codeinspire.net/
Author

RE: People getting upset about posts.


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 07-06-10 07:18
I apologize. Your cerebral "it's going to happen as long as the internet exists" and "ass rape" have shown me why you're right and I'm wrong.
I started the thread with the idea that people are responding to wasted time by wasting time and that it's never going to stop, and you brought it to conclusion with "they're the ones wasting time, and have been since the internet was invented", "it will never stop", and "ass rape".
I didn't expect to end this feeling so embarassed by my ignorance.

P.S.
hackerswearsprada wrote:
Hi there

I was just curious what programming knowledge members
had? What their favorite language was? What was the first
language they mastered? What's their favorite compiler?

MoshBat wrote:
spyware wrote:
MoshBat wrote:
Besides, you've not seen all my attributes Wink


Are you, once again, steering this conversation towards a yo-momma joke?

Actually, no.
I was inferring I have a *massive* penis. It was you who immediately thought of your mum.


Thank you for fighting for the freedom of internet forum users and trying to eradicate silly posts that don't get anything answered or have already been done.

... By the way, show me where these questions were asked and answered before on this forum. Post the link. There is not one thread where this is answered, and now there still isn't because you fill the threads with penises and jabbering fucking nonsense.
ynori7 wrote:
Browse the forums. You'll find about 40 similar threads.

http://www.hellbo. . .045_0.html
hackerswearsprada wrote:
Hi there

I was just curious what programming knowledge members
had? What their favorite language was? What was the first
language they mastered? What's their favorite compiler?

Show me where this is answered.




Edited by on 07-06-10 09:22
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >