Follow us on Twitter!
It is never to LATE to become what you never WERE.
Friday, April 18, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 12
Guests Online: 12
Members Online: 0

Registered Members: 82822
Newest Member: TheBunter
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Author

Overall Site Improvements!

Your avatar

Posted on 16-04-05 23:09
Hey there, peopleses. These are just a few ideas for improvments to this site:

- Staff Page: Information about all the people behind the scenes workign to make HBH a better place. History, Skills, Positions with HBH.

- Recruitment System: What may pop into your heads about now is Outwars, and it comes to a point near there. Having points given for getting multiple new member recruitments would be very nice, but as well difficult to validate. Maye even just begin this system, only counting the numbers recruited, verifying the activity of the account recruited, etc, but not giving out rewards. It has inherent flaws in its very nature, but something could be done.

- Linux..?!: I know the difficulty with this, but why must all the application challenges be Windows only? Maybe offer some alternative for those of us on Linux?

- Competitions: There are many programming competitions and others available to compete in, but at the moment they are all to a point, worthless. Maybe we could begin a programming challenge for PHP for creating useful scripts, or begin a script library on the site?

- Script Library: If you read this far and didn't read the previous point, look up about 3 inches. Grin

- IRC: Psh. What about us junkies for IRC? Where do we come in?

- Social Engineer Challenges: Ok. This is a very cool concept, but I've had a tough time even getting started with these, thanks to SSS. (Spastic Syntax Syndrome.) The first S.E. challenge I found nearly impossible, just to find what format the questions were to be asked in to get any response.
-- On that ;
Maybe if there was an IRC, begin a public PHP/Perl IRCBot developement, who would act as these characters within an IRC chat and talk intelligently, (or not, depending on the persona,) and use these bots to solve the problem.
** EXAMPLE **
A bot named HBHBot would be on the main #lobby-esque channel, and you could message it in the format- /msg HBHBot @level2 <data> - where data would be a password, or some piece of information. Depending on this site's hosting, a PHP bot would make for an exceptionally easy challenge to code there. Other bots would be around, and you could message them to have conversations with them to retrieve information.

- English Writing: I don't know about anyone else, but some of the writing on the site as far as descriptions go, looks like they were written by an English-As-A-Second-Language..-er. Sometimes they're fine, but sometimes it completely confuses me from the intended meaning. Fix?

- More to come in the future! Please post your opinions, or suggestions/additions of detail to ideas!
GrinGrin
Author

RE: Overall Site Improvements!

Mr_Cheese

Uber Elite
Posted on 17-04-05 11:58
thanks for suggestions. Quite a bit of what you mentioned above, is actually being thought about. We have alot on our hands at the moment, but when we have time, we are going to put alot of those ideas into action.

http://www.hellboundhackers.org/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 17-04-05 23:36
Well, if you need any help in conceptual development, coding, or web/graphic design with anything, just gimme a PM!
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 18-04-05 03:24
i like the irc idea a lot, it would be nice to have real time convos instead of the shoutbox (not that there is anything wrong with the shoutbox).Wink

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 18-04-05 03:33
I, too, like the IRC idea, and the Linux idea. If you guys wanted, im very fluent in mIRC, Perl, and PHP i could make you a bot. just email me if you want me to make one.
-X

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 08-06-05 21:29
Having points given for getting multiple new member recruitments would be very nice, but as well difficult to validate.

if points were given for just recruiting people. A total N00b could be the best person on this site by just recruiting MORE noobs.