Follow us on Twitter!
The measure of a mans life is not how well he dies, but how well he lives.
Sunday, April 20, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 22
Guests Online: 21
Members Online: 1

Registered Members: 82843
Newest Member: hx47
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Trouble Shooting

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Author

RE: nvlddmkm.sys

chess_rock

Apprentice
Posted on 09-05-09 01:01
Well, i've been studying a lot for university lately and i still got the problem in my pc. This week i'll try changing the videocard because it looks like it's the only solution to the problem.

About the energy source, i have a very strong energy source, and i changed it to see if it was the problem, and it is not... so yeah, i'm f***ed Sad the videocard is too expensive Sad I wished the problem was the eletric "juice" Sad
Author

AldarHawk

Hacker Level 1
Posted on 09-05-09 01:13
okay Korg had his go. This may not be a bad card. Try this.

Open your case, Ground everything out (no cord hit the power button and do the work on a hard floor - not carpet)

remove the RAM, the Video Card and any other external cards from your motherboard.

Now power her up and listen to the musical beeps.

Power back down and install everything - ensuring it is all firmly in place and connectors are all clean - then boot her up again.

Once this is done try the system out. Failing that, try to remove all the system drivers do a cold boot and start over from scratch with the drivers. Let me know if this helps. If it does good. if not I will think some more for you.

Just ask Yahoo!Taboo! http://www.erikwestlake.com
Author

hellboundhackersok

Moderate
Warn Level: 95
Posted on 09-05-09 01:20
My friend had the same problem, he had to replace the motherboard because it was a broken capacitor. Try switching out the mobo.

i.imgur.com/qBWHo0R.png
Author

korg
Admin from hell

God
Posted on 09-05-09 03:07
I know most of you are trying to help but if you look at what was already done, He has remove all drivers and wipe them ran updated drivers, ran a stress test on the card. So everything points to a bad card, Not a driver, a power supply problem would make it overheat and that bios would catch it, It's not a bad mobo the post would catch that on boot up. The OP installed ubuntu and had the same problem he has a bad card, At the OP send it back even if you didn't buy it new it may be under warranty if not start bitching and it will be.

i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/korg1269/shodan13.jpg

I deal in pain, All life I drain, I dominate, I seal your fate.
O R
Author

chess_rock

Apprentice
Posted on 09-05-09 15:50
Yeah, it seems that my videocard is dead. I'll take my computer to a shop where they have good technicians. Since they have seen lots of machines, they have possibly seen this. If it doesn't work, well, at least i'm at the shop, so i'll be able to buy a new videocard there. I'll tell the technician to try Aldarhawk's suggestion for i'm poor right now, and buying a new videocard will cost the hell out of me Sad need to save some money...
Author

AldarHawk

Hacker Level 1
Posted on 09-05-09 19:41
If you do not want to listen to someone who has been building machines for 14 years that is fine. But trust me, it is a waste of your money to take it to the technician if you have not done all the things I posted. This may be a bad card, however, there are many other things it could be. Why pay someone a hundred bucks to tell you what you already think you know? Exhaust all your possibilities before you start to throw money out the window.

Just ask Yahoo!Taboo! http://www.erikwestlake.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-05-09 22:18
I don't know which country you live in, but since it's a new video card, shouldn't the guarantee cover the costs and pay for the repairs or give you a new one?

Author

chess_rock

Apprentice
Posted on 09-05-09 22:48
Aldarhawk, the thing is that i have tried everything people said in forums, did everything korg and hbh guys told me, and nothing works. And the owner of the store is a friend of mine, so i might get the repair for free or very cheap actually. I will do what you're telling me then tomorrow, since it's already late here. If it doesn't work, i'll post something here.

btw c4p_sl0ck, my card was bought like one year and so, and the guarantee does not cover it anymore...
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-05-09 23:22
chess_rock wrote:
btw c4p_sl0ck, my card was bought like one year and so, and the guarantee does not cover it anymore...

Ah, okay. You could always try to explain the situation and maybe get a discount on a new one. Depending on how nice they are and what "power" they have. It's worth a try if nothing else helps.

Author

chess_rock

Apprentice
Posted on 09-05-09 23:58
c4p_sl0ck wrote:
Ah, okay. You could always try to explain the situation and maybe get a discount on a new one. Depending on how nice they are and what "power" they have. It's worth a try if nothing else helps.

Yeah, i'll do that ^_^ but it works very little here in my country though...
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2