Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Challenges | Rooting

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Author

no BS rooting.

Your avatar

Posted on 27-11-07 01:18
there seems to be a lot of misconceptions regarding rooting in our community. furthermore, there also seems to be a great deal of interest on learning rooting, but sadly, we don't currently offer any rooting challenges (no really we don't) and there aren't many articles or tutorials on it on our site (i can recall a good one, but not many). this would be fine, but since there is so much interest about rooting, i think we should tap into it and help people learn this side of hacking.

this is a call to anyone who really knows what rooting is about and has experience with it. please write some articles, post some good posts, perhaps even help -cL and skunkfoot on making new challenges (if youve coding experience or good ideas) .

thanks

Author

RE: no BS rooting.

Your avatar

Posted on 27-11-07 01:21
Just as a side note, Skunkfoot does not have the required skill to create a rooting challenge.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-11-07 01:24
i cant even begin to tell you how much you piss me off. seriously if i could convince an admin to ban you i would. i have never seen you post even one useful comment. all you do is start fights with people for no reason.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-11-07 01:28
Hmmm, well at the moment I know more about rooting than he does, and I could not come close to creating a challenge that would be anything near helpful. I am sorry I was just simply correcting what you said or at least how I portrayed what you said.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-11-07 01:31
masta_hacks wrote:
Hmmm, well at the moment I know more about rooting than he does, and I could not come close to creating a challenge that would be anything near helpful. I am sorry I was just simply correcting what you said or at least how I portrayed what you said.

I hate you so much.
When and where did you get this ATTITUDE of yours?

@Folk Theory:
You cannot simulate "rooting".
It's simply impossible, there's just too many variables.

There's always going to be a different network structure, always a different local configuration, different services, different PEOPLE (people are as much targets as software ;D).
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-11-07 01:34
What attitude??? Oh well what ever I don't think it matters what I say it will still get me flamed.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-11-07 01:40
then STFU!! seriously you must learn not to post when youve nothing to say (which is almost always the case)

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-11-07 01:50
lesserlightsofheaven wrote:
@Folk Theory:
You cannot simulate "rooting".
It's simply impossible, there's just too many variables.

There's always going to be a different network structure, always a different local configuration, different services, different PEOPLE (people are as much targets as software ;D).

I don't think that makes it impossible... it just makes it more difficult to make a comprehensive challenge. There are plenty of resources available in modern-day programming to accurately simulate a semi-realistic environment in which multiple solutions can be applied. It's just a question of effort, as is everything around here. Otherwise, we would have more quality articles.

masta_hacks wrote:
What attitude??? Oh well what ever I don't think it matters what I say it will still get me flamed.

Have you ever actually stopped to think WHY that is? Instead of trying to fit whatever persona you feel gets the respect, you should try to better yourself and become someone that is respectable. Otherwise, you're just a poser, a loser, and someone that desperately needs to be banned for annoyance. That is motivation, and you better damn well pay attention if you ever want to be someone that can earn that respect.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-11-07 02:03
And what have you ever payed attention to? Look I talk to alot of people from Hellbound Hackers and I have help ALOT of them, if you took the time to talk to me one on one with no one else's opinion I am sure you would have a greater respect for me. I am sorry I am not like everyone else who thinks, the best response is "google" I mean it is in someones sig, I forget who. But nontheless you can have your opinion and quite frankly I do NOT care what you think.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-11-07 02:13
masta_hacks wrote:
And what have you ever payed attention to?

The pursuit of knowledge and her pursuers. That is what really matters to the community; if you were a part of it, you might realize that.

Look I talk to alot of people from Hellbound Hackers and I have help ALOT of them, if you took the time to talk to me one on one with no one else's opinion I am sure you would have a greater respect for me.

I'm not so sure, actually. Your presence in the forums is less than constructive and your beneficiary qualities are... yet to be seen.

I am sorry I am not like everyone else who thinks,

We're sorry, too.

the best response is "google" I mean it is in someones sig, I forget who. But nontheless you can have your opinion and quite frankly I do NOT care what you think.

The best response is not always "Google"; however, if a person does not learn to find the majority of answers on their own, then they will never become more than a pet on a challenge site. Expanding beyond this is what really matters and, for those that are afraid to find their own answers, they will never realize this.

I know you don't care what I think... that is why you will remain as you are and, eventually, you will be banned. My opinion does not matter but, eventually, yours will.

Author

RE: side note

Your avatar

Posted on 27-11-07 02:29
I think when people say "google" it is in MOST cases i know that it is in mine that, Basicly the person doesnt really understand the basics of what they need to know in order to solve the problem. I remember some asking me about a SQL injection, They were using a Union command and then in the same url pluging an ORDER BY command at the end. Google!
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-11-07 02:31
Why dont you just go be a Politician, you can already take stuff out of context.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-11-07 02:43
go away. you make me sick

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-11-07 03:53
masta_hacks wrote:
Why dont you just go be a Politician, you can already take stuff out of context.

When you base your sole response off of a small portion of mine, then we all know that you're just grasping for straws. When you are able to form a coherent and constructive series of thoughts, then post. Otherwise, don't bother... you're just wasting your time and the time of the people that end up reading your useless prattle.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-11-07 03:56
@ 'masta'_hacks:
seriously if i could convince an admin to ban you i would.

Seconded!

masta_hacks wrote
if you took the time to talk to me one on one with no one else's opinion I am sure you would have a greater respect for me.

I've talked to you on MSN; that is NOT the case. I have no respect for you because, wherever I've even heard reference of you, let alone communicated, you've been unhelpful, and, in fact, detractive from the community, myself, or anyone else around.

masta_hacks wrote
Just as a side note, Skunkfoot does not have the required skill to create a rooting challenge

Quote from Battlefield Earth (1972, or some similar date, L. Ron. Hubbard):
"Pointing to the mud on someone else's fins does not improve your own swimming." And since when have YOU of all people had any right to criticize another? Just do what everyone else tells you, and STFU (it's even in mr noob's avatar, omg!)

masta_hacks wrote
I don't think it matters what I say it will still get me flamed.

If you can't even listen to zephyr then you're beyond help. It's your own freakin fault! Don't say anything if you don't have anything to say! You're about 1/10 as helpful as end3r! Just leave, why don't you? What good are you doing here?

masta_hacks wrote
I do NOT care what you think

If you can't respect the people who've earned the respect, zephyr especially, then, again, why are you here? You just prove your immaturity over and over again by posts like these. And don't turn that back on me, calling all flamers hypocrites. I'll ask cheese to put up a new poll, who thinks 'masta'_hacks is an annoying immature little brat. I bet you we'd have more than just a few hundred people vote, and the poll results would not be surprising!

---------------

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-11-07 03:59
you're just wasting your time and the time of the people that end up reading your useless prattle.

Ah, but zephyr, I like reading his crap! It adds a bit of excitement to an otherwise boring day. Always nice to have someone to laugh at!

[/sarcasm]

Really, though, he's annoying as hell, and he won't go away. I doubt he's still following this thread, and if he is, he won't listen to you... that's obvious already.

I used to be somewhat like him, but that got fixed fast. He, however, has not changed since he joined. By the way, zephyr, why'd you change your sig? I lol'd every time I saw it, it's just that funny. And did you ever get your 5 dollars from zenrith?

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-11-07 04:04
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools speak because they have to say something" Wink

And as far as my rooting abilities, you're partially right: I don't really know anything about rooting a server, but that doesn't mean that I can't code a challenge...

btw, cL- and I are in the middle of a netbios rootin simulation challenge, it should be done and tested by this weekend at the latest.. Smile

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-11-07 04:07
Hmm, well now. Did it ever acure to you that I do not want to be like everyone else? That would make me a stereotype whitch is something I will never become.
Author

RE: blah

Your avatar

Posted on 27-11-07 04:10
*occur, got to it b4 skunk! scoreeeeeeee haha
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-11-07 04:11
yeah, i agree masta_hacks. Why would anyone _not_ want to be an idiot??? That just eludes me... I'm perfectly fine with a moderate level of maturity, OK social skills, and the ability to enter a forum without getting flamed day in day out. I'm perfectly fine not having hundreds of people hate me because I'm an annoying little immature brat that doesn't know when to keep quiet. I'm perfectly fine being capable of interacting on a high enough level to actually get something done, rather than simply talking to hear myself talk. And now, I'm beginning to sound a bit like Cassius. Enough repetition:

You act like a noob, so shut up and learn some manners. You're already defeated here, so leave with at least part of your dignity intact. If you have nothing else (intelligent or meaningful (to others) ) to say, then please, take your leave. I honestly don't know why you haven't been banned before... Guess there's nothing specifically about your actions in the rules, huh?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >