Follow us on Twitter!
Few are those who can see with their own eyes and hear with their own hearts. - Albert Einstein
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 21
Guests Online: 18
Members Online: 3

Registered Members: 82876
Newest Member: bhl1986
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Author

RE: new challenge category? maybe? :)

SySTeM

Your avatar

HBH Guru
Posted on 02-03-09 11:11
bl4ckc4t wrote:
Personally, I would much rather see a "Programming Challenges" section. Perl, C++, C, VB, VC#, Python, those kinds of languages.

This would be more beneficial to anyone here. It would also encourage people to learn more than just web programming languages.

I guess, we could have programming challenges where you have to submit the source and the executable for a certain challenge, for example, you have a challenge that says "Code a calculator in the language you're most comfortable with.", then ask them to submit the source, and the executable, and then one of the admins could have a look at both of them and if it works and give a mark out of 10, which could be redeemed by optimizing their code and resubmitting, etc.

Only problem is it'd take a lot of time to do.

img138.imageshack.us/img138/6527/sig2ak1.jpg
www.hellboundhackers.org/sig/r/2783.png

http://www.elites0ft.com/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 02-03-09 11:17
system_meltdown wrote:
I guess, we could have programming challenges where you have to submit the source and the executable for a certain challenge, for example, you have a challenge that says "Code a calculator in the language you're most comfortable with.", then ask them to submit the source, and the executable, and then one of the admins could have a look at both of them and if it works and give a mark out of 10, which could be redeemed by optimizing their code and resubmitting, etc.

And it'd take too long to check answers from everyone. Also I've already posted two ideas concerning exactly programming kind of challenges. Still no official feedback on those even though they are totally awesome and amazing.

Author

SySTeM

Your avatar

HBH Guru
Posted on 02-03-09 11:24
COM wrote:
system_meltdown wrote:

And it'd take too long to check answers from everyone. Also I've already posted two ideas concerning exactly programming kind of challenges. Still no official feedback on those even though they are totally awesome and amazing.

Where was this? Only just glanced over the last couple posts in this thread.

img138.imageshack.us/img138/6527/sig2ak1.jpg
www.hellboundhackers.org/sig/r/2783.png

http://www.elites0ft.com/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 02-03-09 11:44
system_meltdown wrote:
Where was this? Only just glanced over the last couple posts in this thread.

Not in this thread, here. Last part of the post.
Basically put: code analyzing and/or optimization.

Author

ynori7

God
Posted on 02-03-09 14:18
COM wrote:
Basically put: code analyzing and/or optimization.

I like the idea too, but it could be difficult to submit. I know that the patching challenges are very picky, and this would be even worse. I think it'd have to be a review-submission-by-admin challenge. There are too many different ways to optimize one small piece of code.

halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 02-03-09 16:20
Yes the challenge category/categories would probably require it to be like the current logical ones where admins have to check it.
Also the idea is that since it's code in general it's not just php but can be any programming language that exists, and that admins could realistically be expected to correct of course.
This would also differ from the here mentioned idea of possibly giving an assignment to write in some programming language by the fact that even if there are many ways to change code to optimize it, etc. it's still a specific idea and it's still a set code so it's not as cumbersome and time consuming to check through answers.

Edited by on 02-03-09 16:21
Author

ynori7

God
Posted on 02-03-09 16:47
system_meltdown wrote:

I actually really like this idea. Not only would it be a fun new challenge category, but you could get feedback that could help you to improve your coding skills. I'm aware that this would be very time consuming for admins, but they need help I'd be willing to do it. I'm bored most of the day anyway.

halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2