Follow us on Twitter!
Society leans ever heavily on computers, if you have the power to take out computers you can take out society. - cubeman372
Sunday, April 20, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 30
Guests Online: 27
Members Online: 3

Registered Members: 82843
Newest Member: hx47
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Author

My thoughts on improvements

Your avatar

Posted on 08-01-07 03:48
Well, I have been on HBH for some time now, usually lurking. Within the past year, I have seen some changes here, well, a lot of them. Some good, and some bad. The good ones, new point ranking, more challenges, lots more members, increase in articles, interviews, shirts, and the exclusive membership. The bad, more spam, lots of spam, the site needs more updates, more polls, more newsletters sent out, lots of the articles are crap, I don't know is stegano is actually "hacking", I have never seen a site with the password hidden in the picture, they are worth TONS of points, Challenge points link needs updating, needs web wars & king of the hill, root this box has been down for who knows how long, and programming teams. I am sure there is a bit more which I cannot think of right now. Feel free to add on or comment back.
Author

RE: My thoughts on improvements

Your avatar

Posted on 08-01-07 03:58
thanks for posting mate. we always like hearing your input. we've actually got a few new things in the works....but they are kinda secret. but you can be sure that some updates are coming soon. ones you know about:
podcasts (the first should be out by wednesday)
real16 has been realeased to ems and soon to other members
interviews yeah...we're working up another one.
and just wait for the secret stuff Smile
so worry not, your hbh admins are working to give the site a boost.

(and on a side note, a few things you wont notice are happening too. code updates, tighter security. these to help hbh run smoother and be safer)

--only.Samurai

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 08-01-07 05:28
cant wait for the improvements

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 08-01-07 05:44
well just to explain steganos a bit. you know how you hear about terrorists passing info via the inet or magazines or newspapers....thats how they do it. hide things that way. they print something and have a code like...take the 2nd letter of every 4th word. so it kinda teaches you how to figure that stuff out. now....related to hacking, maybe not. good to understand, perhaps. fun....definatly. lol

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 08-01-07 06:06
its not just encryption man. anyways...knowning how to use and make stegnos can be important...but i agree..not really a hacking challenge, but niether are the SE or Logical ((or some of the others))

Author

Neo_Chalchus

Apprentice
Posted on 08-01-07 06:10
Sure they do,
I will editthis later to be more intricate, but basically you can't send a basic, or even complex encryption that could be iffy along enemy lines because with today's techniques, technologys, and the agencies...people WILL figure out what you said. Stegano has been used for centuries, because codes can be broken, and as long as you have the code right there, than you can work it out (even if it took you a very long time.) But steganos you can't see because you aren't looking for it.

The first recorded act of stegonography is from ancient rome...they would shave a messangers head, tatoo a message to it...give his hair just a little time to grow wnough hair to cover it, give him a message and a fake/misleading message in the form of a note he would carry...
if the messanger was intercepted by an enemy, they would read the completely harmless note, and send him on his way. The one who was supposed to see the actual note tattood to themessangers head, would know to look, and would recieve the message.

Stegano is DEFINATLY a good skill to master if you aer going to work in any intelligence agency...and I have actually seen one site that uses it....not nessicarily to keep passwords, but they hide the admin's news in there so that it lists found exploits and dull mantenace messages for only those who know to look for it....others see a regular (and expertly shadowed) background.

Hope I helped,
NC

eviltonmoy.googlepages.com/neo_chalchus.png
Thank you EvilTonmoy for the AWESOME SIG!!!
http://hackref.net
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 08-01-07 06:13
Thanks Neo_Chalchus for backing me up here. that's what i tried to explain, but im not quite as articulate and its way too late for complete thoughts here. but regardless of this, it still good to help the way you think. just like a math class helps you in computers because it helps you think the same way.